headers and exhaust

IronAffliction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my exhaust headers is a definite most likely long tube but damn super expensive and not sure what mufflers to go with need some help with that. And i was thinking of taking it to a shop to custom do my exhaust vs buying a cat back system seems like it would be cheaper what are your guys thoughts. I am not running cats right now and dont plan to. And also heard people talk about 4 cats? I only had two? 05 qc thanks guys

If you are planning on any major engine mods, plan ahead to make sure your exhaust is what you want. You are correct stating it is expensive for exhaust, but you will find basically everything is expensive for these trucks. Chances are a previous owner cut out the rear cats on your truck.

I am currently changing from a full MOPAR LT/Borla Cat Back set up, to full Billy Boat. I really like the MOPAR long tubes, but it was time for something else.

The only exhaust that I have had trouble with is Magna-Flow. It didn't take lone to blow a hole in the muffler. Others have had better luck.

If you are planning on any major engine mods, plan ahead to make sure your exhaust is what you want. You are correct stating it is expensive for exhaust, but you will find basically everything is expensive for these trucks. Chances are a previous owner cut out the rear cats on your truck.

I am currently changing from a full MOPAR LT/Borla Cat Back set up, to full Billy Boat. I really like the MOPAR long tubes, but it was time for something else.

The only exhaust that I have had trouble with is Magna-Flow. It didn't take lone to blow a hole in the muffler. Others have had better luck.
Thanks ya everything is expensive but this is my new baby and dont wanna do anything half a$$

I recommend Belanger headers and our SnakeBite exhaust:D
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyVxRISmBkY&sns=em[/ame]

Hey definitely. I asked u in my other post about this exhaust lol whats the price on that and where do i get it from whats ur website?

You get it from me, in a vendor here. No website yet, lol.
$340 shipped and your exhaust shop routes new 3" pipe. We can install locally as well. We do both side and rear exit kits and both share the same deep tone ;)
You can shoot me an email at [email protected]

I'm gonna catch hell for this, but if you can't afford 2k for top of the line long tubes and mids there is another option. OBX stainless steel longtubes and mids 950$ brand new on ebay. They are not coated, not as well engineered and not tried and proven on the 10. But just another option. I've had em on for 3 mnths with no issues. I wish I could have got belangers but I had only 2500$ to play with and got p.s. lines jtsvp, spec clutch w/viper master n slave upgrade and OBX longtubes, and Ebc front n back brakepads. I think I'm the only 10 here with the OBX longtubes .

I'm gonna catch hell for this, but if you can't afford 2k for top of the line long tubes and mids there is another option. OBX stainless steel longtubes and mids 950$ brand new on ebay. They are not coated, not as well engineered and not tried and proven on the 10. But just another option. I've had em on for 3 mnths with no issues. I wish I could have got belangers but I had only 2500$ to play with and got p.s. lines jtsvp, spec clutch w/viper master n slave upgrade and OBX longtubes, and Ebc front n back brakepads. I think I'm the only 10 here with the OBX longtubes .
Thanks for the tip might be awhile before i can afford headers already put 8k in my truck since march i check with u later and see if those headers are still holding up or if u have had any problems

Sounds good, I got my 10 a yr ago and had to do a lot of maintenance also due to not knowing trucks previous owner. Plugs, wires,coil packs,brakes, p.s.lines, new paint job, but after you do the basics it becomes a blast to start doing the fun stuff!

What all do u have done?
Rebuilt tranny with some small upgrades and torque converter removed cats. Tune. Underdrive pulley. Drilled slotted rotors. Bbk throttle body. K&n cold air intake. Hid headlights fog lights and led tail lights and third brake light new spoiler. Oil lines ps lines. Bought a billet fuel door but didnt fit so that sucked. New plugs wires and packs

List of goodies I've done w/prices
1. Jtsvp xtreme lowering kit $600
2. Powdercoated intake man,valve covers, wheels $600
3. 172* thermostat roe racing $50
4. Spec stage 1 clutch w/viper hyd upgrade( I kno u r auto) $1k
5. OBX stainless longtubes w/catless mids $950
6. SCT from Tony at jtsvp $450
7. Custom radiator cover and burrito box jtsvp( xcellent qualiy) $250
8. 2 kicker 12's w/ memphis amp ( stock head unit) $500
9. Oracle headlights and tailights in oem housing $700
10. New paint job $4k
11. Plugs,wires,coil packs $300
12. Ebc brakes and painted calipers to match truck color $250$
13. Volant ram air system with k&n
14. Blacked out grill $50

Next will be throttle body, underdrive pulley, 100 shot nos $1k.
How much did the t.b. and pulley help u powerwise?

dont get headers, save up for heads and cam..
Aftermarket heads or maybe like port and polish the stock ones? And the cam whats a good one to go with love big cams as long as its max power im gaining from it and would i have to do the valve springs as well

Aftermarket heads or maybe like port and polish the stock ones? And the cam whats a good one to go with love big cams as long as its max power im gaining from it and would i have to do the valve springs as well

We do a full CNC port, polish, valve job, springs, retainers,locks, etc. Big cams will lose power in Daily driving and will suck. You need something based on head flow, weight of truck, and desired powerband. A big cam that makes power from 4000-6500rpm will sound awesome, and shine on the track, but be pretty much useless on the street especially in a 5000+lb truck.
Headers are every bit worth their cost! How many race cars do you see running manifolds??? If you plan to simply putt around every other Sunday then manifolds are for you. If you share a Facebook page with your GF, manifolds are for you. If you love getting raped by Lightnings, manifolds are for you. And if you prefer wine and an AR over a shot of Whiskey and an AK, manifolds are definitely for you. :)

Lol that cracks me up ya have to find the right combo cause my truck is my daily driver thanks for the insight

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back