Headers?

You won't find any noticeable power gain from headers. the heads ,cam and manifold power is already a pretty good match . To much under hood heat!!! check in with RottenRonnie he has strykers and a custom cam and is still using stock manifolds! unless you are going to supercharge or a big shot of nitrous , save your money. use the money for a torque convertor and tuner . you will notice a big improvement in power!! :burnout::burnout::rock::rock:

Welcome to the Red Button Club!!!

Last edited:
The long tubes are supposed to be better, Bellinger, B&B or Mopar.

howdy & welcome to the RBC:rock::rock::rock:

& American Racing Headers makes long tube headers for our beasts:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

You won't find any noticeable power gain from headers. the heads ,cam and manifold power is already a pretty good match . To much under hood heat!!! check in with RottenRonnie he has strykers and a custom cam and is still using stock manifolds! unless you are going to supercharge or a big shot of nitrous , save your money. use the money for a torque convertor and tuner . you will notice a big improvement in power!! :burnout::burnout::rock::rock:

You are a little mixed up.....there is definitely a noticeable difference in headers, some alittle more than others. Ronnie is indeed running oem manifolds with strikers but he will gain more switching to headers ;)

Indeed... wtf man? No noticeable difference? Hasn't long-tube headers been dyno proven to add 30-35whp?

Allowing an engine to breathe easier always adds some hp.

Indeed... wtf man? No noticeable difference? Hasn't long-tube headers been dyno proven to add 30-35whp?

Allowing an engine to breathe easier always adds some hp.

The difference is in-removing the cats! Not so much the headers. Just my opinion. I still have manifolds but removed the cats.

The difference is in-removing the cats! Not so much the headers. Just my opinion. I still have manifolds but removed the cats.

I noticed a huge difference when a pair of cats fell off and again when the Mopar Long tubes went on. If your one of those that think the stock manifolds are good enough you crazy. :p

My son has Gibson headers and i like them. With the Boiler exhaust it sounds great.

I have a set of Belangers and I noticed the difference especially in the higher rpm range.

What are you kidding??? Headers will give you huge gains...

hmm.... seems i stood on someones nerve! i apologize i gave my opinion . the thing about advice, it's free and you don't have to use it. :heeeelllllooooo::D:D

hmm.... seems i stood on someones nerve! i apologize i gave my opinion . the thing about advice, it's free and you don't have to use it. :heeeelllllooooo::D:D

i dont think the responses you recieved were because of your "opinion". it really wasnt an opinion, it was something you said that was basically wrong. i dont think there is a person on this forum that didnt see nice gains from headers (i know i did with my bassani's). your running stock manifolds, so how can you even offer that kind of "advice" without some supporting information?

not trying to load up on you dude...but ROnnie is the only guy i know with any major mods that isnt running headers. he might have his specific reasons, i dont know. but to say that no significant gains come from headers...i just plain wrong.

The only gains I did notice was the B&G Stage 2 pcm, and the flywheel clutch package.

I have not got around to buying headers yet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back