Headlights and fog lamps

How long do the Silver Ultras last?.... I keep reading that their life span is short.

10banger said:
Silverstar Ultra's are $100 bucks for the fogs & heads..... just FYI, kinda pricey.

Ebay you can get them for like $50 for the pair delivered.

Just ordered a set.

9007 SU Headlights
9006 SU Fogs

You can have my new fog light bulbs and used sylvania silverstars if you want them.

I just put in new fog lights that came with stock bulbs. NEW

Let me know.

SHU

10banger said:
Silverstar Ultra's are $100 bucks for the fogs & heads..... just FYI, kinda pricey.

thats better than $250 for HID heads which arent really reliable (flickering and so on)

viperpwred said:
thats better than $250 for HID heads which arent really reliable (flickering and so on)
ive got both my its for 120 shipped no issues and ive had them on for while

VIPR PWR said:
How long do the Silver Ultras last?.... I keep reading that their life span is short.

goin on 2 years, and alot of off road abuse as well

Hids are realiable if you get them from the right source...There was a guy on the hemi forums that sold alot of people hids and had the best quality that i have ever seen. I bought a set of fogs from him and will buy a set of headlights ...i bought 6k i believe so it should be white with no blue tint...

Thanks guys, I should have made myself clear, I'm just not into HID set ups, more wiring for the truck, albeit only 2 or 3 extra wires, The Batram has too much as is with all it's extras lol, flickering CAN occur, the in dash cluster light that can appear, no highbeam, plus for the money, some new bulbs really aren't too far behind them in terms of brightness, some may so hardly a difference. Venom Power has HID's and is always honest regardless if he has the part in his truck so his opinion is valuable IMO, even he said he should have just gone with the Ultra bulbs, cheaper and similar output. Anyhow, I'm not here to argue which is better, for my truck, I'd like to run bulbs. :)

FastSRT19 - What part number did you end up using bud? Same as SHU-DOG posted, 9007US & 90006SU?

Cheers!

FastSRT19 - What part number did you end up using bud? Same as SHU-DOG posted, 9007US & 90006SU?

They are the Sylvania Silverstar ULTRA
Front Headlights 9007SU
Fog Lights 9006SU

I have the Sylvania Silverstar High Performance ones in the truck now. THEY ARE MUCH BRIGHTER THAN STOCK. They are 9007ST and 9006ST. I get flashed the hi beams on occasion with them on regular.

BUT getting new foglight bulbs so may as well get matching headlight bulbs.

The should be the same for 04-05. I dont know about 06 new style headlights.

SHU

VIPR PWR said:
3 years and no problems!

Carlwalski said:

I believe so, i'd have to dig out the boxes to make sure (I save everythng):p

FastSRT19 said:
3 years and no problems!

I believe so, i'd have to dig out the boxes to make sure (I save everythng):p
Awesome! I'm looking into the Ultras too and going by their website, they list the 9006SU but this is only for the Fog lights. For the headlights the best option is H13ST, I guess (not the XV?).

UltraFitment1.jpg

Here's a cool imagine I found on this forum while searching for lights.
Not sure what Silverstar model the light is but it's a Silverstar. A very noticeable difference in light emittance.

Silverstars.jpg

See if they have the Ultras. Those will be the brightest and whitest.

Its a racial thing.

I figured the 06 were different headlights.

Actually here is a guy that will treat you right.

Mark Schultz
[email protected]

Tell him i sent you-i just bought 3 pairs of lights-2 for the SRT and another for the Suburban.

Cant touch his price. Even discounted off Ebay.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, I'll flick him an email later today. I don't think they make Ultras for the H13 bulb. :(
I can ask but I am doubtful. I will only be able to go as bright/white as fitment will allow in this day and age. :)

You forced it on me:D went and bought the 9007SU and 9006SU ..much brighter and whiter than stock... Auto Zone had them $109 for all 4....:rock:

10banger said:
Did the same thing a few months back.... they do look much better than stock but do the fog's appear to have a stronger hint of blue to you?

Both appear to be equally bright white without any hint of blue at least to my old eyes ---I will double check them tonight from a distance... I have been getting flashed since I installed them and the girlfriend is getting jealous :D She wants them in her car now:dontknow: ..

I also use Silverstars in my truck, I'm pretty sure they're not the ultras though. And I get headlights flashed at me everynight. I also have my fog lights wired to stay on no matter what so with my brights. People don't take too kindly though when I flash them back which turns on my lows, highs, and fogs, and soon to be another 200watts of fog lights behind my grill :D

whats wrong with hids for these trucks....i bought a set for the low beam with high beam and a set for the fogs...they look great...i used a plug and play set with a resistor and i got no problems at all...i only paid 60 bucks per set...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back