Heads and Cam, Custom Intake.....coming

Trainman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Greg Good last night, got the OK to send some heads to be ported. Ordered (today) a pair of bare Gen IV heads ($500.00 each) from Brian Jones Automotive. Being shipped directly to Greg Good for porting and custom valves. All the design and specs will be per Greg Good, the cam will be a Solid Roller, and the special sheet metal intake will be fabricated by Justin JMB per the specs (runner length, taper, plenum volume , etc.) from Greg Good. Install will be handled by Todd Abrams in Temecula, Chris Jensen will do the tuning and injector sizing:rock:. I also will be ordering a set of ARH 5 into 1 longtubes with GEN IV flanges and 1 7/8" tubes.
I will provide further specs (valve sizes, cam specs, injector size, etc.) as info becomes available to me. No secrets here. I will be running the SRT-10 this weekend , probably for the last time on the stock engine. In a few weeks I will be having shoulder surgery (rightside) and will not be able to power shift for a few months, so now is as good a time as any to do this build.
My engine has just over 65,000 miles and several hundred passes down the 1/4 mile. I will try these new heads and cam on the stock block, see what we can make with stock compression, then I will rebuild the bottom end and raise the compression to 10.5-11.0 to 1.
The truck will still be street driven and should be a real blast.....I'm hoping to surprise a few Corvette ZR1's, Z06's and some Shelby GT500's....with my "STOCK" truck. I will always be NA, so no worries there. I hope all this information we will be gathering will be helpful to everyone on here.
Oh....I almost forgot......Ironhead, keep your strikers, I got tired of waiting by the mailbox.....promises broken......and since you are keeping them so selfishly, take the darn truck out to the track and give us some numbers at least....so we can see what strikers will do! :rock:

Great to hear and look forward to the results for sure! Good luck in the surgery bud. :burnout:

I almost forgot....there is a certain Lightning....I owe a return match with....and a few others will be surprised.

Definitely looking forward to the results!! :D

Outstanding! Very excited to follow your build. Thanks for being so open about your mods too.

Awesome Jerry, I can't wait to see what it does:rock: I'm guessing Greg recommended the gen IV heads over porting your gen III?

Awesome Jerry, I can't wait to see what it does:rock: I'm guessing Greg recommended the gen IV heads over porting your gen III?

Actually the SRT engineer that was with Giles on the Viper reveal at Willow Springs was the one who recommended the Gen IV over the Strikers. Then following information that Strikers were no longer in production and a lawsuit followed, so no Strikers for the near future, made the decision easier. Found a great deal on bare heads, which Greg Good wanted, because he will be changing the valve sizes (maybe as large as 2.30 on the intake). I didn't go with the GenIV conversion package ($8,000+ or -, I've seen as low as $6,400) because we want to design a special intake, possibly a large single blade TB for volume. Also Greg would be changing all the valves, so I found a guy on Ebay selling brand new Gen IV heads bare for $500 each.

What HP goals are you looking for?

I'm at 510 rwhp now (spinning the stock wheels), and we're looking at about a 200 hp gain, so in the neighborhood of 700 rwhp. The solid roller cam, according to Greg will be worth about 30 ftlbs across the rpm range over an equal hydraulic roller. Greg has been wanting to do a build with the solid roller for street use, and both he and Todd Abrams want to be involved with an NA build that makes 700 to the wheels.

how's the intake gonna look? like that hogan one floating around? or a revised, ported stocker, or?? this is one to follow, for sure...

Probably something like the Hogan, but Greg is wanting a specific taper(like 25% reduction to speed velocity) on each of the intake runners, and since we have a lot more room under the hood than the Viper cars, we will be able to have taller runners. Greg will also specify the plenum volume to make sure there is enough air flow each time the intake opens with the bigger cam profile. He really seems to know what he wants, and he knows that I want the truck to still be streetable, and he knows the race weight of the truck (around 4150 lbs, without me) so the cam will be designed accordingly.

Actually the SRT engineer that was with Giles on the Viper reveal at Willow Springs was the one who recommended the Gen IV over the Strikers. Then following information that Strikers were no longer in production and a lawsuit followed, so no Strikers for the near future, made the decision easier. Found a great deal on bare heads, which Greg Good wanted, because he will be changing the valve sizes (maybe as large as 2.30 on the intake). I didn't go with the GenIV conversion package ($8,000+ or -, I've seen as low as $6,400) because we want to design a special intake, possibly a large single blade TB for volume. Also Greg would be changing all the valves, so I found a guy on Ebay selling brand new Gen IV heads bare for $500 each.

Awesome, 2.30 valves will be huge.

Nice build you got going Jerry, been meaning to call you. I'll give you a shout tomorrow.

And this is what i have been telling you people all along and everyone said i was nuts lol.. and here we go, head engineer at Chrysler backs me up lol..

Even though I am now a proud owner of a pair of strikers .. .ironic

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back