Heads and Cam, Custom Intake.....coming

Sounds like a great build, can't wait to see the results. What do you think the time line will be for this build. Since a person can't get strikers anymore, anytime soon this is going to be a very interesting build for the N/A guys.

I know this is none off our business but maybe sometime you could tell us ballpark wise what this build will cost.

Good luck.

Sounds like a great build, can't wait to see the results. What do you think the time line will be for this build. Since a person can't get strikers anymore, anytime soon this is going to be a very interesting build for the N/A guys.

I know this is none off our business but maybe sometime you could tell us ballpark wise what this build will cost.

Good luck.

I will keep track as I gather info. So far: 2 bare GenIV heads $1000, ARH Headers $1855+shipping.
I am guessing around $2,000-3,000 port work and valves, Another $2500 for intake, $1500+ for rockers (T&D), cam and lifters $500-800, Throttle body $500, gaskets, bolts and labor $1,000 - 1,500. So in the area of $12,500 give or take help from sponsers and friends...... recover a little by selling my Ported intake, BBK TB, JTS Venom TB, MOFO Headers, etc..........running 10's NA......Priceless!:drool::D:rock::burnout:

Wow ! Thanks Trainman for the quick reply. I can't wait to see your track times and Dyno results. You are defiantly paving the way for another option for the modding crowd.

Sounds good. I just had a custom set of heads built for my truck. I'll have to get the specs from Jerry.

Talking with Todd Abrams today of AC Performance and I have decided that it might be better to just go ahead and rebuild the bottom end now and get ready for the new heads rather than risk breaking a piston and ruining my new heads. So we will be figuring on forged pistons and rods, a keyed crank, improved oiling and bearings, a zero deck clearance and 11 to 1 compression. Should have an estimate in a few days. Depending on the condition of my block (how much cleanup hone will be needed, .003-.005 say) then the pistons will require 3-5 weeks to be custom built. I will take the truck in about 5 weeks before the heads and intake are to be fininshed, so the build will all come together at the same time....this is getting exciting...(and expensive)....but like I said....it should be priceless to run a 10 second 1/4 mile NA!

Update: I spoke with Greg Good last night and the Gen IV heads have arrived. I also told him that I will be rebuilding the bottom end in prep for the new heads and cam. We discussed the rev limit on the new engine and he feels that the stock crank should be limited to 7,000 rpm. I did some quick calculating and with 32" tall slicks (I have 30" tall now) I will be able to hit 146 mph in 4th gear with 4.56 gears, and I could hit 136.55 mph with 4.88's. I may have to think about 4.88's.

Sounds awesome brotha, and the fact that you of all people will have some 1 of 1 custom headers, you'll be breaking alot of hearts bud :rock:

Update: I spoke with Greg Good last night and the Gen IV heads have arrived. I also told him that I will be rebuilding the bottom end in prep for the new heads and cam. We discussed the rev limit on the new engine and he feels that the stock crank should be limited to 7,000 rpm. I did some quick calculating and with 32" tall slicks (I have 30" tall now) I will be able to hit 146 mph in 4th gear with 4.56 gears, and I could hit 136.55 mph with 4.88's. I may have to think about 4.88's.

With that kinda rev limit i think you could have some def gains with the 4.88's. Personally if it were me, with all the gear hype going on, id run the new setup with your 4.56's first, then try the 4.88's with no other changes. Either way your truck is going to be an absolute blast, i wish i lived close enough to watch ya run

Nice, can't wait to see your truck running. Keep me posted on when your going to track day the new setup. You get my message a few days ago, Jerry?

I may try to come back to one of the GTG's with you guys back there, should be lots of fun. I'll help pay for SRTBrad to come too. I'd love to meet Sawyer in person, he's a great guy over the phone and has always been great with me.

Nice, can't wait to see your truck running. Keep me posted on when your going to track day the new setup. You get my message a few days ago, Jerry?

Yep. I'll be out of comission for a little while in a couple of weeks (shoulder surgery). I'll let you know about upcoming Test and Tunes at Famoso.

I may try to come back to one of the GTG's with you guys back there, should be lots of fun. I'll help pay for SRTBrad to come too. I'd love to meet Sawyer in person, he's a great guy over the phone and has always been great with me.

Hes a nut thats for sure, but good people. We'd love to have you guys, show us east coast guys how to drive! Haha

Hes a nut thats for sure, but good people. We'd love to have you guys, show us east coast guys how to drive! Haha

Hell, I hear most of the east coast trucks are parked inside a shop still waiting to be built or put back together. That's what the word on the street is. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back