Heads and Cam, Custom Intake.....coming

Gen 3 heads form Greg that have put down 640? Some gen 4 cars have put down just north of 600 with just bolt ons....so no telling what'll happen with the port work and cam

Yes, that guy that did just a swap of heads and cam in his garage, without pulling the engine, with stock compression, did between 630-640, with Gen III heads ported by Greg.

Already planned on using the 32" tall Nostalgia M&H's. That will yield a potential top speed of 135+ @ 6,500 rpm in 4th with 4.56's. I have thought of everything, I think I'll be OK.

I'd give the 30's a try if you are going to spin 6500rpm, that'd get you too 127ish, would be plenty of mph for 10's

You would have thought that the first 5-6 years I had my truck, someone would have run an 11 second NA 1/4 mile, but I was the first. I know the kind of effort it takes to make these trucks run quick. I am working with some of the best Viper people in the country. Lots of thought and planning have been going into this build, the GEN IV heads will flow at least 380 cfm (stock is about 265 cfm), the solid roller will add approx. 30 ftlbs of torque across the rpm range over the equal hydraulic roller, I am raising the compression to 11:1, lighter (but stronger )rods and pistons for quicker engine revs. Monster intake valves. Plastic intake, twin 80mm TB's. I'll probably dyno it with the slicks rather than the street tires (which could add as much as 20 rwhp). So I think we will be close, at least far above 650 rwhp (several vipers with Gen III heads and much milder cams have already been in the 640 rwhp range with Greg Good heads). I will be reporting everything I do to help everyone on this web-site who is interested.
Stock Gen III heads flow 265ish. I would expect Gen IV's to flow significantly more.

Like what?
Things like a full effort H/C build, or an aftermarket solution for faulty PCM's.

If if was a 5th, yall would all be drunk.

How much longer will yall bench race? Not sure if popcorn should be popped just yet.

Off topics, whats the price of the heads/cams if you care to share this. I'm just curious. I wont get into money/e/t. To me power is power. I dont care how anyone gets it.

If if was a 5th, yall would all be drunk.

How much longer will yall bench race? Not sure if popcorn should be popped just yet.

Off topics, whats the price of the heads/cams if you care to share this. I'm just curious. I wont get into money/e/t. To me power is power. I dont care how anyone gets it.
Trainman has been really cool about sharing prices on everything he is doing. Basically, you can have a setup just like his for $1295.00. If you need info on where to send payment, I'd be happy to help - all I need is your bank account info and social security number.

$1300 for heads/cams. Wonder why no one else has been doing this. I see people drop huge dollars on blowers all day or other stuff.

$1300 for heads/cams. Wonder why no one else has been doing this. I see people drop huge dollars on blowers all day or other stuff.
I'm totally messing with you, Bro. lol. If you go back and read through the thread, the costs are listed and they are nowhere near $1300.00

Stock Gen III heads flow 265ish. I would expect Gen IV's to flow significantly more.

That's what I meant when I said the stock heads flowed 265 (Gen III's ) , I think the stock Gen IV's are in the 330 cfm range. Mine will have larger intake valves, and a ported and port matched Gen V intake.

So far I'm at $8505. Includes 2 new bare Gen IV heads, head porting, T&D rockers, Gen V plastic intake, custom made twin 80mm TB's (mechanical, for throttle cable), ARH custom made race headers for Gen IV heads in an SRT-10 Ram. Still have to pay for engine rebuild (rods , pistons, gaskets, assembly, machine work, valves and valve springs), custom tuning. It's a slow process (still waiting for the heads to be done), so ease up on the popcorn talk, the machinery is in motion.:rock:

Although expensive, I dont feel it's that bad especially for a rare platform. i think the local's viper built motor with stock heads/cams was near 8k from Roe. Then he added a paxton to get near 700rwhp. I'm glad to see you are going into the bottom end.

So far I'm at $8505. Includes 2 new bare Gen IV heads, head porting, T&D rockers, Gen V plastic intake, custom made twin 80mm TB's (mechanical, for throttle cable), ARH custom made race headers for Gen IV heads in an SRT-10 Ram. Still have to pay for engine rebuild (rods , pistons, gaskets, assembly, machine work, valves and valve springs), custom tuning. It's a slow process (still waiting for the heads to be done), so ease up on the popcorn talk, the machinery is in motion.:rock:

Did you find valve covers yet? I have the same bare gen IV heads but haven't done anything with them because of the $1200 cost of valve covers. If you find a solution let us know as this is the hurdle that is slowing me down.

Id be willing to make some aluminum sheetmetal covers if I can sell a few sets.
Justin

If lighting the weight of your truck is wrong, then PhxPoolGuy & I are wrong. He takes off the tail gate & I empty the ash tray. Different strokes for different folks. HP is expensive....ask my three ex's.

If lighting the weight of your truck is wrong, then PhxPoolGuy & I are wrong. He takes off the tail gate & I empty the ash tray. Different strokes for different folks. HP is expensive....ask my three ex's.

Other than switching tires I race my truck just like I drive it on the street.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back