Heads and Cam, Custom Intake.....coming

Update: Spoke with Greg Good last night, heads are almost done, hopefully this month. He is working on improving the "short side radius" in the intake port, currently above 380 cfm and approaching 390 cfm on the intake side. These heads will be TRICK! He is also porting the Gen V intake and port matching. I have a call into A&C Performance to schedule the truck. Will report any development. Greg has some photos of the port work, once I get them I will try to post up. JMB will be making some custom sheet metal valve covers.

TODD AT A&C , has my truck there now and the build is going great , can't wait for this to be done and on it's way back too new york. :rock: stage 3 heads and full forged motor with the best of the best parts .

TODD AT A&C , has my truck there now and the build is going great , can't wait for this to be done and on it's way back too new york. :rock: stage 3 heads and full forged motor with the best of the best parts .

Are you gonna race it?:rock:

Yes, that guy that did just a swap of heads and cam in his garage, without pulling the engine, with stock compression, did between 630-640, with Gen III heads ported by Greg.

Trainman, just a quick correction to my car referenced above. My compression is not stock, its ended up around 10.5:1. Plus, most will attest that it takes a little more effort than just slapping heads and cam on a long block to net you a 200+whp gain (440whp stock to 643whp). Every single part of the build was meticulously addressed. Greg Good is certainly The King when it comes to porting heads. There is so much more than accompanies his expertise (i.e. valve seating, intake porting, exhaust flange matching, etc). This wasn't my first rodeo, so I did my share with meticulous attention when assembling and remotely tuning.

Greg and I have talked about taking my setup to the next level with forged internals, a solid roller, and a well addressed oiling system. I am anxiously awaiting for your results. Your heads flow much much better than mine. I expecting nothing short than astronomical numbers. :rock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-t8c_6XNWk]Rolling Thunderz 665 RWHP High Tech V10 Viper Engine in 2006 Viper SRT 10 - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a similar build to trainman's. I think he's gonna be close to these numbers. Higher if his compression is up there. Either way, looking forward to his results.

Rolling Thunderz 665 RWHP High Tech V10 Viper Engine in 2006 Viper SRT 10 - YouTube

Here's a similar build to trainman's. I think he's gonna be close to these numbers. Higher if his compression is up there. Either way, looking forward to his results.

Rolling Thunderz they do the best work on viper heads, hes got a 1K RWHP NA project going on in his shop right now on a 572 viper race block.. Its gonna be a seriously fun ride when hes done with it..

Oh and thats 665 on a Mustang Dyno --- Serious numbers -- throw that on Trainmans dyno the strap to the wheels and youll be over 800rhwp..

Ned did my original truck as well, she was a beauty to bad most of the GO FAST parts were parted out before I sold it..

Last edited:
Rolling Thunderz they do the best work on viper heads, hes got a 1K RWHP NA project going on in his shop right now on a 572 viper race block.. Its gonna be a seriously fun ride when hes done with it..

Oh and thats 665 on a Mustang Dyno --- Serious numbers -- throw that on Trainmans dyno the strap to the wheels and youll be over 800rhwp..

Ned did my original truck as well, she was a beauty to bad most of the GO FAST parts were parted out before I sold it..
When you see the video of my next dyno session it will be on a DynoJet, NOT the Dyna Pack you keep referring to. I have always claimed 510 rwhp on the DynoJet at DC Performance, the one time that my truck was on the Dyna Pack (for tuning purposes) it made 543 rwhp, but I have never claimed that was my number, so quit saying "Trainmans Dyno" like I'm some kind of a cheater and reporting over inflated numbers. In a couple of weeks we will be getting a baseline Dyno on my stock engine at A&C Performance, I think it is a DynoJet, and there should be video of that test. That will be the same dyno that we test the new engine on so the gains should be consistent. As far as Rolling Thunderz doing the very best heads....well Greg Good is no slouch, I will be willing to bet (although we will never be able to prove it) that his heads will be at least equal to anything you had.....and I will take it to the track....more than once(as in 11.51 on street tires, never to be done again), and report all I can to help the members here on the VTCOA. The NA record will fall this year! Also remember that I am NOT building an all out race only engine as per your 1000 rwhp monster. My engine is being designed with street use in mind, I will still be using it for everyday use (when I'm not in the CTS V), an occasionally going out to the track for a test and tune session. I have owned the SRT-10 since new in 2004, it currently has 67,750 miles and the only reason I am rebuilding it as I feel I have gotten as much out of the stock internals engine as can possibly be had (NA), so now its time for a little more. Everything is being discussed and thought about 10 times over to arrive a combination that I feel will be as near perfect for a street driven truck.....that will shock 99.9% of the vehicles that I meet( there will always be somebody faster, just not in an SRT-10 Ram NA). :rock:

Last edited:
Yours are gen 4 so I imagine they will be much better than mine, I know greg good has a great name as well not slamming his work at all.

But your dyno packs are about 20% high and a dyno jet about 8% but still a ton better that the packs.

I hope you put out over 700rwhp that would be amazing and with the gen 4 heads its possible thats for sure.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck would love to see a insane NA truck.

Oh and my 1000rwhp number will hopefully be long in the past when she's done I expect substantially more out of it in the end.

When you see the video of my next dyno session it will be on a DynoJet, NOT the Dyna Pack you keep referring to. I have always claimed 510 rwhp on the DynoJet at DC Performance, the one time that my truck was on the Dyna Pack (for tuning purposes) it made 543 rwhp, but I have never claimed that was my number, so quit saying "Trainmans Dyno" like I'm some kind of a cheater and reporting over inflated numbers. In a couple of weeks we will be getting a baseline Dyno on my stock engine at A&C Performance, I think it is a DynoJet, and there should be video of that test. That will be the same dyno that we test the new engine on so the gains should be consistent. As far as Rolling Thunderz doing the very best heads....well Greg Good is no slouch, I will be willing to bet (although we will never be able to prove it) that his heads will be at least equal to anything you had.....and I will take it to the track....more than once(as in 11.51 on street tires, never to be done again), and report all I can to help the members here on the VTCOA. The NA record will fall this year!:rock:

Last edited:
Yours are gen 4 so I imagine they will be much better than mine, I know greg good has a great name as well not slamming his work at all.

But your dyno packs are about 20% high and a dyno jet about 8% but still a ton better that the packs.

I hope you put out over 700rwhp that would be amazing and with the gen 4 heads its possible thats for sure.

Oh and my 1000rwhp number will hopefully be long in the past when she's done I expect substantially more out of it in the end.
yours will be amazing sir

Just a quick update. I spoke with Greg Good last week and he said the heads are about 3-4 weeks away from completion. These will be a one-of-a-kind, as he said he does not intend to do a similar set (these have been there almost 10 months). Flow on the intake side is close to 390 cfm @ .700 lift. I will be taking the truck down to A&C Performance in about 1-2 weeks (Todd needs to move a couple of those silly Viper cars out of the way). We will dyno the truck for a baseline on the stock engine, then pull the motor and get going on the bottom end build, forged rods, custom 11:1 forged pistons, improved oiling, crankshaft lightening, block prep for a roller bearing cam journals,
and a solid roller cam. Justin at JMB is almost done with my new sheet metal valve covers, pictures of those when they are done will be posted.

Last edited:

Interesting...do tell more Ken. What are you doing to it? Is Rolling Thunderz doing it?

Interesting...do tell more Ken. What are you doing to it? Is Rolling Thunderz doing it?

For now its a work in progress but I can say I did sell every single part of my old engine and FI set up. All I kept was hp the block,heads,and intake. Everything else has left the country. Or it's on it's way out slowly with the lovely winter weather holding up shipping in the east. Heads will be tore down and completely redone as well strikers are going to get a serious make over. The rest of the story will remain under a vale lol until its a lil more finalized and ready to go. But I can tell you this if all goes to plan the 1 k hp it once had will be left in the dust when it all,finally settles.

:rock::p:D:D

Rollingthunderz is a big part if the build along with some other top shelf shops. It's a team effort this one.

And there will be no light shining past the pistons like the previous build.

Gen4ViperRace003_zps081ade38.jpg

Gen4ViperRace002_zpsca7e0492.jpg

Gen4ViperRace004_zps775a1917.jpg

The intake ports peak at 405 cfm @ .700" lift. (They're 400 *even* @.650"). The exhaust ports flow 270 @ .700" lift. 28 inches of water.

beautiful:rock::burnout::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back