hello to all

jeff_from_jeffco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this goes here.

Well i recently purchased a 2005 srt-10 with 29900 miles on it. i love the thing its fun to drive and its just really nice. my only problem is it sounds like the voice coil on the subwoofer seems to be going out. it only happens on certain bass notes and its only the subwoofer (like a rattle noise almost). It doesn't help once i removed the cd in the player it seems like either the previous owner or someone on the dealer lot was using bass tester cd's in it :(. i know the build date (february 23rd,2005) says this vehicle should not be affected by the amplifier issues.

So my question is does anyone know what would be a close to factory replacement for just the subwoofer? i went by dodge today and they said $704 for it and i about cried.

Also on a side note i wasnt sure if anyone could point me in the direction to possibly find the production number? that isn't really a priority at the moment though.

Here is a picture of the one i purchased:
a4o1ht.jpg

Welcome to the VTCoA! The subwoofer replacement can be done one of two ways. Replace it with a used factory one that can typically be had for $100 - $150 or have one of the audio gurus point you in the right direction. Viperregistry.com will get you all the history and information about the truck that you would like and some you may not like. ;) Also put your location in your profile so other members know where you're located and may be able to provide you with better information on vendors in your area. :D

Hi Jeff, I moved your other post to the new members section also, if you would like I can merge them.

He already sent me a friend request Chris, more than I can say for you...... :D

Welcome, maybe someone will chime in on you speaker problems, I do know quiet a few guys have put aftermarket speakers in theirs

Welcome bro and search for a factory used or upgrade to a JL or JBL or Kicker. All fine speakers but I believe amp needs changing as well. I'm running stock sub and amp and still sounds great! Did replace amp a while back but otherwise not bad for a factory setup IMO :burnout:

Welcome bro and search for a factory used or upgrade to a JL or JBL or Kicker. All fine speakers but I believe amp needs changing as well. I'm running stock sub and amp and still sounds great! Did replace amp a while back but otherwise not bad for a factory setup IMO :burnout:

So you couldn't replace just the subwoofer to an aftermarket woofer and leave stock amp? :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back