Help me identify these parts and Leak....Please

v10thumper

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm still on the hunt for a SRT10 RC and I think i may of found a good candidate.. Its a 04,38k miles, looks very clean and seems to run VERY well. There are a few add-ons that have raised some questions in my mind. Ive attached a few pictures to go along. It appears that are some type of headers are installed along with some shiny mid-pipes attached to some mufflers or resonators. Also, it seems the CATS have been deleted and I'm concerned about it not passing emissions testing. I also noticed a billet throttle body made by xmetal..please tell me if there is anything I missed. Something I noticed was a accumulation of oil where the tranny bolts to the motor.. cant tell where its coming from.. it may be from the valve cover and making its way down.(i'd hope) Thanks for looking and for any feedback :rock:

P1020106.jpg

P1020097.jpg

P1020109.jpg

P1020103.jpg

P1020102.jpg

P1020100.jpg

P1020096.jpg

P1020095.jpg

P1020086.jpg

Bassani headers, custom mids, xmetal tb stock cat back. k&n. Aftermarket shifter ball, but stock shifted.

Wheels and shift knob are also not oem, the headers are a mess and with that oil leak I would look for a "cleaner" clean one, my .02

Oil leak like that definitely not coming from valve covers. Not saying valve covers may not have a little oil around them but that looks like the oil pan gasket or the rear crank seal. No biggie if it's any of the above. Can be fixed.

Oil leak like that definitely not coming from valve covers. Not saying valve covers may not have a little oil around them but that looks like the oil pan gasket or the rear crank seal. No biggie if it's any of the above. Can be fixed.

Sure its an easy fix and a good bargaining chip to reduce price further but I would be scared to death of how long or how low the owner let the oil be low. That iwould be some extreme wear.

JeffBoyette said:
Sure its an easy fix and a good bargaining chip to reduce price further but I would be scared to death of how long or how low the owner let the oil be low. That iwould be some extreme wear.

True that it would be a bargaining chip. Also look to see if it looks like he had nitrous or f.i on it, you may or may not see something that would lead u to believe there was.

If you can get it for 16 and invest the remainder immediately to fix the issues, MAYBE. Still be weary about it being driven with low oil level. It's a pretty big leak for it to be neglected and not fixed. It would make me wonder what other maintenance was neglected. A lot of trucks out there $18-20k. I flew one way and drove 2 days home to get this one, and don't regret it.

JeffBoyette said:
Blue led for security system?

Yep, probably a older Viper brand (DEI) alarm. They came with a blue LED just like that.

Those are not bassanis, maybe mopar long tubes? And matching mids, does it leak oil on yhe ground at all?

It looks a little tough to me, but some times pictures highlight dirt and rusty areas (talking about the frame and engine compartment). I don't really follow the prices of the 10's currently, as to see if this is a good deal price wise, but I'm thinking if I was you I would find another one.

The wheels look really weird, are they painted or something?

They are Mopar's. Man, am I glad I had mine coated.....those look like crap. I would look for a truck in better shape.:burnout::burnout:

Not terrible, but no way I'd pay a cent over 15 for it personally, just check the oil and grill the guy on maintenance history, get receipts if he's got em, and even if it does need minor repairs remember that headers and other mods run very expensive on these and you don't have to worry about as much since he did some for you. Keep in mind there are other 10s out there though, if it's not "the one" you don't have to settle for it.

Look like Mopar headers to me. If so...sweet find! Oil leak is not that bad and most likely rear main. To run low on oil the entire undercarriage of the truck would be coated. Pumpkin would be a black blob of dirt and oil.

Every state is different but it may pass without the cats. Some states are tailpipe and visual test...others are just tail pipe. Looks like an overall sound truck. All the issues are easily fixed. Headers can be pulled and coated to fix cosmetics.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back