Help! P0353 Code

Isn't there a master list around here with codes? I haven't driven mine for a month but she was plugged up while I was away. Today she threw some codes but she ran just peachy. I cleared them with my SCT tuner since they looked like sensor codes. Tonight she coughed up another P1485 or 95.. I forgot. I will check again in the morning and post up the code. I didn't erase it this time.

Venom Power said:
Isn't there a master list around here with codes? I haven't driven mine for a month but she was plugged up while I was away. Today she threw some codes but she ran just peachy. I cleared them with my SCT tuner since they looked like sensor codes. Tonight she coughed up another P1485 or 95.. I forgot. I will check again in the morning and post up the code. I didn't erase it this time.
P 1485 isnt a code, but 1495 is, Its the leak detection pump...Hope this helps

OPERATION
The main purpose of the LDP is to pressurize the fuel system for leak checking. It closes the EVAP system vent to atmospheric pressure so the system can be pressurized for leak testing. The diaphragm is powered by engine vacuum. It pumps air into the EVAP system to develop a pressure of about 7.5" H2O (1/4) psi. A reed switch in the LDP allows the PCM to monitor the position of the LDP diaphragm. The PCM uses the reed switch input to monitor how fast the LDP is pumping air into the EVAP system. This allows detection of leaks and blockage. The LDP assembly consists of several parts (EVAP LEAK DETECTION SYSTEM COMPONENTS). The solenoid is controlled by the PCM, and it connects the upper pump cavity to either engine vacuum or atmospheric pressure. A vent valve closes the EVAP system to atmosphere, sealing the system during leak testing. The pump section of the LDP consists of a diaphragm that moves up and down to bring air in through the air filter and inlet check valve, and pump it out through an outlet check valve into the EVAP system. The diaphragm is pulled up by engine vacuum, and pushed down by spring pressure, as the LDP solenoid turns on and off. The LDP also has a magnetic reed switch to signal diaphragm position to the PCM. When the diaphragm is down, the switch is closed, which sends a 12 V (system voltage) signal to the PCM. When the diaphragm is up, the switch is open, and there is no voltage sent to the PCM. This allows the PCM to monitor LDP pumping action as it turns the LDP solenoid on and off.

LDP AT REST (NOT POWERED)
When the LDP is at rest (no electrical/vacuum) the diaphragm is allowed to drop down if the internal (EVAP system) pressure is not greater than the return spring. The LDP solenoid blocks the engine vacuum port and opens the atmospheric pressure port connected through the EVAP system air filter. The vent valve is held open by the diaphragm. This allows the canister to see atmospheric pressure (LDP AT REST).

DIAPHRAGM UPWARD MOVEMENT
When the PCM energizes the LDP solenoid, the solenoid blocks the atmospheric port leading through the EVAP air filter and at the same time opens the engine vacuum port to the pump cavity above the diaphragm. The diaphragm moves upward when vacuum above the diaphragm exceeds spring force. This upward movement closes the vent valve. It also causes low pressure below the diaphragm, unseating the inlet check valve and allowing air in from the EVAP air filter. When the diaphragm completes its upward movement, the LDP reed switch turns from closed to open (DIAPHRAGM UPWARD MOVEMENT).

DIAPHRAGM DOWNWARD MOVEMENT
Based on reed switch input, the PCM de-energizes the LDP solenoid, causing it to block the vacuum port, and open the atmospheric port. This connects the upper pump cavity to atmosphere through the EVAP air filter. The spring is now able to push the diaphragm down. The downward movement of the diaphragm closes the inlet check valve and opens the outlet check valve pumping air into the evaporative system. The LDP reed switch turns from open to closed, allowing the PCM to monitor LDP pumping (diaphragm up/down) activity (DIAPHRAGM DOWNWARD MOVEMENT). During the pumping mode, the diaphragm will not move down far enough to open the vent valve. The pumping cycle is repeated as the solenoid is turned on and off. When the evaporative system begins to pressurize, the pressure on the bottom of the diaphragm will begin to oppose the spring pressure, slowing the pumping action. The PCM watches the time from when the solenoid is de-energized, until the diaphragm drops down far enough for the reed switch to change from opened to closed. If the reed switch changes too quickly, a leak may be indicated. The longer it takes the reed switch to change state, the tighter the evaporative system is sealed. If the system pressurizes too quickly, a restriction somewhere in the EVAP system may be indicated.

PUMPING ACTION
Action : During portions of this test, the PCM uses the reed switch to monitor diaphragm movement. The solenoid is only turned on by the PCM after the reed switch changes from open to closed, indicating that the diaphragm has moved down. At other times during the test, the PCM will rapidly cycle the LDP solenoid on and off to quickly pressurize the system. During rapid cycling, the diaphragm will not move enough to change the reed switch state. In the state of rapid cycling, the PCM will use a fixed time interval to cycle the solenoid. If the system does not pass the EVAP Leak Detection Test, the following DTCs may be set:

P0442 - EVAP LEAK MONITOR 0.040" LEAK DETECTED
P0455 - EVAP LEAK MONITOR LARGE LEAK DETECTED
P0456 - EVAP LEAK MONITOR 0.020" LEAK DETECTED
P1486 - EVAP LEAK MON PINCHED HOSE FOUND
P1494 - LEAK DETECTION PUMP SW OR MECH FAULT
P1495 - LEAK DETECTION PUMP SOLENOID CIRCUIT

WHOA.. That's much info.. Thanks a bunch. I will double check the code tomorrow and check my fuel pressure gauge (fuel cap). Then I'll come back here with a report..

Venom Power said:
OH and are you making it to Macon this weekend Mr. Tech?
More than likely I will be in macon:rock: when i get to work tomarrow i will do some more research on that code for ya.

Venom Power said:
WHOA.. That's much info.. Thanks a bunch. I will double check the code tomorrow and check my fuel pressure gauge (fuel cap). Then I'll come back here with a report..
I dont think its a leak, Judging by the name of the code, either there is no power going to the pump OR the motor inside the pump is bad:dontknow:. Might be as simple as a fuse or maybe the pump.

GADodgetech said:
I dont think its a leak, Judging by the name of the code, either there is no power going to the pump OR the motor inside the pump is bad:dontknow:. Might be as simple as a fuse or maybe the pump.

Okay then I will also check all fuses tomorrow..

Believe it or not the stealership is going to cover it under warranty-replacing both coil packs!:D They even offered to install aftermarket plug wires for me while they have everything apart! I almost fell out when he told me!:marchmellow:

Damn stealership still has my QC.:argh: but-they are replacing both coil packs and the PCM under warranty-(Thank God!):)

Yeah. He stalled me saying they were waiting on a coil pack from another dealership 2 hours away. When they got it finished they said it was the PCM also and they would have to have it shipped from Detroit!!! :argh: And then they played the Thanksgiving holiday card. Luckily I don't need it right now. I just miss it!:( If I don't get it back on Monday I'm gonna bust some heads!:mad:

4DR VYPR said:
Yeah. He stalled me saying they were waiting on a coil pack from another dealership 2 hours away. When they got it finished they said it was the PCM also and they would have to have it shipped from Detroit!!! :argh: And then they played the Thanksgiving holiday card. Luckily I don't need it right now. I just miss it!:( If I don't get it back on Monday I'm gonna bust some heads!:mad:
Easy killer :D sounds like to me that he got caught up in the guessing game, I've fallen victim to it many a times. Im shocked that they covered it under warranty since you had it piggybacked. Are you having them change your plug wires while they are there?

Okay..now I'm really pissed!!:mad: They still have my truck!!:argh: They put in the new PCM and it still throws the same code!! Now he says they see 4 wires in the harness that may be shorted out. WTF??:dontknow: They have had my truck for 2 weeks now and it's getting kinda crazy!:argh: :argh: :argh:

4DR VYPR said:
Okay..now I'm really pissed!!:mad: They still have my truck!!:argh: They put in the new PCM and it still throws the same code!! Now he says they see 4 wires in the harness that may be shorted out. WTF??:dontknow: They have had my truck for 2 weeks now and it's getting kinda crazy!:argh: :argh: :argh:
Do they have a viper tech working on it???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back