HELP solve a problem......

i agree that sux if thats the case.is it truly my fault

kickinassrt-10 said:
No
problem man. I shoulda just stated with my cheap $300 PCM. :D

If you do enough mods you going to screw up more than $300...I have first hand experience..:eek: ...........move on and enjoy the truck..

im hittin the sack.if what your saying is true about it costing another $350 to make it useable.ill send you what you asked for.in dont feel as though i misrepresented it all...but i do feel bad about it...Jerry

well guys, its alot of missunderstanding on both parts:eek:

couple things could happen

one a refund

two kickkin keep it

three, spit the cost $150 to get it unlocked, split it down the middle, $75 each:D

Basically to clear my view. Vin lock from what I gather from other members usually refers to vim slots full, which is why I emailed you asking how many vehicles it was used on. You stated these tuners are Greek to you so I figured since you said only one car was programmed it's still good since you returned it to stock. I just want to split the cost of the unlock. In all honesty I, and most likely no
other member would have spent more than $100 on a locked sct. If someone wants it I'll sell it for $175... I bet I'll get no takers. Half the unlock is cool
for me and I feel you're still
making out ok selling a locked sct for $100 total and $250 is fair for an used sct.
Am
I wrong in this logic?
Finally off to bed for me too..I'll wait to hear from you tomorrow and as of do far thanks for at least responding and being a stand up man about this!!!!

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:
IMO the thread where you advertised the SCT screamed buyer beware....Roger is new to the forum and seems to be a great guy....I think he was not ripped off....just maybe misunderstood....but srtmanic has no responsibilty to return his money short of feeling sorry for Roger.....even though the SCT will need to be unlocked at additional expense it is still cheaper than new...........
agreed. :)

we have all given more than what something was worth at one time or another.i had no idea it would work out this way for anyone who bought it.thats why i was taking offers.i will wind up with about $80 after paying for shipping+insurance and the paypal fees....oh well.it aint worth me feeling bad over...

moparracing said:
Did you read the thread? How is $525 total
investment cheaper than $500 for a new one. I'm
still waiting for someone to explain that to
me????

kickinassrt-10 said:
Did you read the thread? How is $525 total
investment cheaper than $500 for a new one. I'm
still waiting for someone to explain that to
me????

I thought you were going to bed??...;) ............

srtmaniac said:
we have all given more than what something was worth at one time or another.i had no idea it would work out this way for anyone who bought it.thats why i was taking offers.i wound up with about $80 after paying for shipping+insurance and the paypal fees....oh well.it aint worth me feeling bad over...
Man I you mean around $150??? I sell
in eBay and use paypal all the time. How is it possible you got less than half from $175???? Just not physically
possible!

srtmaniac said:
we have all given more than what something was worth at one time or another.i had no idea it would work out this way for anyone who bought it.thats why i was taking offers.i wound up with about $80 after paying for shipping+insurance and the paypal fees....oh well.it aint worth me feeling bad over...
Man you mean around $150??? I sell
in eBay and use paypal all the time. How is it possible you got less than half from $175???? Just not physically possible!

well SRTmaniac was warned of the problem with an SCT being locked, but not sure he truely understood, or wanted to understand.

Kicken now is in the same boat, to me, and could be wrong , he didnt know what "locked" meant.

i dont think either party did quite enough homework to be truthfull

Now I think its stand up that SRT maniac came on and is trying to solve the problems:rock: ya gotta hand him that:D

In all honesty, Kicken Is kinda on the tail end, didnt do enough homework, and well ya get what you pay for unfortunatly.

Now , and not suggesting anything, but if SRTmaniac is willing to go half on the unlocking fee, that to me seems fair.

Does he or is he obliged to ? most definitly not
Should he? that is what he has to decide.

Kicken you honestly are at his mercy bro, homework and questions go a long way.

Plus manic, listen to the PBJ next time around:D

Stinker said:
well SRTmaniac was warned of the problem with an SCT being locked, but not sure he truely understood, or wanted to understand.

Kicken now is in the same boat, to me, and could be wrong , he didnt know what "locked" meant.

i dont think either party did quite enough homework to be truthfull

Now I think its stand up that SRT maniac came on and is trying to solve the problems:rock: ya gotta hand him that:D

In all honesty, Kicken Is kinda on the tail end, didnt do enough homework, and well ya get what you pay for unfortunatly.

Now , and not suggesting anything, but if SRTmaniac is willing to go half on the unlocking fee, that to me seems fair.

Does he or is he obliged to ? most definitly not
Should he? that is what he has to decide.

Kicken you honestly are at his mercy bro, homework and questions go a long way.

Plus manic, listen to the PBJ next time around:D

That sums it up pretty well.......

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back