HELP!!!

sparksftball69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Driving home just now the truck missed for a split second then continued on about a mile later it died I still had electric but when I tried to turn it back over it wouldn't start...I just replaced the power steering pump Thai afternoon. But it ran fine...any help would be great...like I said it turns over but won't start...trucks stranded on the side of the freeway and I dot have the code of there is One...

I would start with crank sensor as well! The cam sensor next, but it has to be set at a perfect depth (measured install)!
Maybe disconnect battery for 10 mins and reconnect and retry before heading to parts store. Sorry bud, but I did have this issue before and it sucked:(

crank is right side bout mid block & cam is right above the water pump???

I'm sure you can check resistances on them but they are fairly cheap and worth replacing. Fuel pumps rarely cause issues on our truck, but a simple fuel pressure check at the rail with a borrowed gauge from any parts store will tell the tale. Should be 58-62 I believe. Really just check the schrader valve on rail with finger by depressing needle. It should spray out rather than just dribble out. Should be pressurized!

If u just replaced power steering pump you might have loosened a wire or something in the process and it completely came loose with vibration of driving. The cam position wire does run in the vicinity of the power steering pump

I can't get my truck to show me a code...maybe the 123 key trik I'm doing is wrong any hints or tips would be helpful

Looking around I can see that the OEM fan module wires have been melted a bit exposing one of the wires... Can this cause this issue???

Is there anything that would make it so the engine codes wouldn't display at all? Cuz I can't get the 123 key to work at all and I have in the past

Okay so i got into the fuse panel and fuse #2 a 30a for the engine control relay was blown. Im assuming that the wire being melted through on the fan module wiring is the culprit. Well I'm hoping heading to the store right now for a new fuse and i will let everyone know what happens. Hopefully its this and nothing else and ill be done with it. been a lot of issues with my baby lately but other than that i haven't had many problems at all other than the tranny the dealership F'ed up.

My Biotch I mean baby fired right back up... Note that if you're unable to get the 123 key engine light codes to display check the number 2 fuse. Once i replaced it It acted good as new. The oem fan wiring got loose and came in contact with the headers melting into the bare metal. fixed the wiring and threw the fuse into it and its back running again. Thanks for all the advice in the process.

sparksftball69 said:
My Biotch I mean baby fired right back up... Note that if you're unable to get the 123 key engine light codes to display check the number 2 fuse. Once i replaced it It acted good as new. The oem fan wiring got loose and came in contact with the headers melting into the bare metal. fixed the wiring and threw the fuse into it and its back running again. Thanks for all the advice in the process.

Good job! I kinda figured it would be something of that nature. Make sure u repair the wire that caused that.

most def...its done now...line just got away cuz i have everything mocked up for right now until i had replaced the new power steering pump and made sure everything was good before i made it permanent.

still getting a little bit of a wine and some stiffness in the steering...how do i get all the air out of there or is there something I'm missing. Is there a way to bleed the system???

sparksftball69 said:
still getting a little bit of a wine and some stiffness in the steering...how do i get all the air out of there or is there something I'm missing. Is there a way to bleed the system???

Yeah but it involves laying under the truck while it is on. You have to bleed it where the power steering lines attach to the rack and pinion

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back