Hennessey Headers

Bone said:
I'm a lesbian.
Pics? I think?:dontknow:

BTW, Belangers are killer headers, and they look equally as good!:rock:

Hey man how are you? The Belangers are ceramic coated. The Mopars are not. The belangers are mild steel, the mopars stainless. The Mopars come with catless mids at that price, the Bellangers do not. The Mopars will not work in smog states and will require adding sims. The Belanger can be had with highflows or without. Leaving off the cats of course necessitates sims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the original question. I'm not sure John H is still making this headers?

Nowwhat said:
Blake....

You should go work for John H if you are going to start spreading bullshit like you got 19rwhp from a set of shorties...

Hell he should make you VP of Bullshit....:D

I'm sitting here looking at Prof's dyno sheet where he has before and after numbers and the only thing done was the addition of MOPAR headers. HP went from 443.4 to 474.9, and torque went from 468.3 to 500.0.

I do not want to get in a pissing match here, but on numorous occasions you have posted that there are no gains to be had by adding headers. However you do not have headers, or a before and after dyno chart to back up the claim.

Being an older, okay, ancient hot rodder I have never had an engine that did not respond favorably to the addition of headers. Generally on a carburated you had to up the jet sizes a couple sizes to see the full advantage of the headers, but the potential was there.

Prof had some other mods that were already in place which accounts for his gains in my opinion. However claiming that headers are a waste of money is not correct in my opinion. Headers alone will not be that significant a gain, but in conjunction with other mods they will be well worth the money.

Besides, who listens to a guy that removes his wing.;) :p :D

Silverback said:
I'm sitting here looking at Prof's dyno sheet where he has before and after numbers and the only thing done was the addition of MOPAR headers. HP went from 443.4 to 474.9, and torque went from 468.3 to 500.0.

I do not want to get in a pissing match here, but on numorous occasions you have posted that there are no gains to be had by adding headers. However you do not have headers, or a before and after dyno chart to back up the claim.

Being an older, okay, ancient hot rodder I have never had an engine that did not respond favorably to the addition of headers. Generally on a carburated you had to up the jet sizes a couple sizes to see the full advantage of the headers, but the potential was there.

Prof had some other mods that were already in place which accounts for his gains in my opinion. However claiming that headers are a waste of money is not correct in my opinion. Headers alone will not be that significant a gain, but in conjunction with other mods they will be well worth the money.

Silverback, I will agree with you. I look at track results.
Before headers I ran a 13.4 in the 1/4. After headers and high flow cats (only additions) I ran a 13.07 with a ton of spin down low. My personal opinion is that those who say headers are not worth the money do not know what they are talking about. ;)

Silver i've seen the same results numerous times but I given up on arguing with nowhat.

The headers do make good hp and are accentuated with other mods.

Silverback said:

Correction oh fury one.....

Headers add hp...I understand ...my point is that $2000.00 for belangers installed is alot to spend to get 10-15 hp...

The other 15 hp gained form long tubes is the adding of catless mids which can be had for $300.00....

So when new guys come on the board I simply point out that the $300 mids may be a better way to go...

It is misleading for advertisers to say headers give 30+ rwhp when half the gain is in the mids they can get from Boomer for a few hundred $$$....

15 rwhp for $2000.00 just seems weak......

You say the dyno sheets were for mopar headers.....those come with catless mids........

womsterr said:
Silver i've seen the same results numerous times but I given up on arguing with nowhat.

The headers do make good hp and are accentuated with other mods.

You have given up because you keep losing the arguement...

Headers are good for 15ish rwhp and catless mids roughly the same....

So when someone says headers are good for 30+ rwhp they are wrong....

44 HP

I designed and had custom made a set of stepped, equal length, merged collector headers. I used two 3" hi flow MAGNAFLOW cats and a custom made one off Bassini x crossover muffler. That system was good for an increase of 44 RWHP on the same dyno with no other changes. I have all the documentation to back it up. Darel Basani made the muffler as a favor to me beacuse the Magnaflow SRT10 Catback system muffler is necked down to 2.5 inches at the crossover inside the muffler.

How about we have another challenge....someone sends me a set of Mopar headers, a set of Belangers, I'll do the dyno without catless mids, with catless mids, stock exhaust manifolds with catless mids....only catch I get to keep it all...bwahahahaha!:idea: :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
13.4 to 13.07........"Nuff said"

My point is proven with paper to back it up.:rock:

Was the air temp about the same for your before and after runs?? If so that is a damn nice improvement....seem like it'd take a little more than 30HP to take 4 tenths off a 1/4 mile on a 5,000lb truck....NOWwhat??

FSTJACK said:
I designed and had custom made a set of stepped, equal length, merged collector headers. I used two 3" hi flow MAGNAFLOW cats and a custom made one off Bassini x crossover muffler. That system was good for an increase of 44 RWHP on the same dyno with no other changes. I have all the documentation to back it up. Darel Basani made the muffler as a favor to me beacuse the Magnaflow SRT10 Catback system muffler is necked down to 2.5 inches at the crossover inside the muffler.

how much of the gain was header and how much of the gain was the system after the headers......

Nowwhat said:
how much of the gain was header and how much of the gain was the system after the headers......

Mike,
I built and installed the system all at the same time so I am not exactly sure. I am making a guestimate based on a simulator program that the headers were worth about 25-30 HP. I really designed the system to compliment a blown motor. But I changed my direction as I could not get the HP #'s I wanted with the Paxton. This was a personal call on my part with regard to the design and demensions of the crank snout on the motor. I did not feel that there was enough crank snout to do the job and stay alive at the loads I would be imposing on the snout.
I went TT and the exhaust would not work for me.

Last edited:
Nowwhat said:
You have given up because you keep losing the arguement...

Headers are good for 15ish rwhp and catless mids roughly the same....

So when someone says headers are good for 30+ rwhp they are wrong....

Nope I've given up because your hard headed and will not listen to anyone else's point.

I've seen it. I don't need to argue.

How many headers have you tested and installed? I've done 3 myself and had result from many other customers.

Well i believe im about to get the belanger long headers, high flow cats, and the mopar/borla cat back.

here's to 3k gone :beer:

ViperTruck2933 said:
13.4 to 13.07........"Nuff said"

My point is proven with paper to back it up.:rock:

ET's can vary so much from different things such as temp, traction, driver, humidity, alignment of the planets, etc...

Your before/after MPH would be a better way to judge improvement.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back