Hennessey Headers

Rice Eater said:
Was the air temp about the same for your before and after runs?? If so that is a damn nice improvement....seem like it'd take a little more than 30HP to take 4 tenths off a 1/4 mile on a 5,000lb truck....NOWwhat??

trap speed shows hp improvement.....

womsterr said:
Nope I've given up because your hard headed and will not listen to anyone else's point.

I've seen it. I don't need to argue.

How many headers have you tested and installed? I've done 3 myself and had result from many other customers.

Not hard headed.....but a fan of the forums...If you read what people like Boomer post you can learn something....

Everything I have posted regarding the headers vs mid pipes etc has come from Boomer who has tested and installed plenty....

FSTJACK said:
Mile,
I built and installed the system all at the same time so I am not exactly sure. I am making a guestimate based on a simulator program that the headers were worth about 25-30 HP. I really designed the system to compliment a blown motor. But I changed my diredtion as I could not get the HP #'s I wanted with the Paxton. This was a personal call on my part with regard to the design and demensions of the crank snout on the motor. I did not feel that there was enough crank snout to do the job and stay alive at the loads I would imposing on the snout.
I went TT and the exhaust would not work for me.

What are you going to run now for exhaust....?....Still going with high flo's...?....for Cali purposes...

Nowwhat said:
how much of the gain was header and how much of the gain was the system after the headers......

Mike - I've seen you say on the forums a number of times that there are virtually no gains to be had by a cat back. You can't go back and forth depending on what fits your argument ;)

I guess the problem I have the most with is the one guy on the forum who has never actually put headers on an SRT 10 or tested/dynoed is the most outspoken on the topic...

I saw approx a 30 horse gain if memory serves me. I'm have the baseline...looking for the belanger dyno file now.

Nowwhat said:
Not hard headed.....but a fan of the forums...If you read what people like Boomer post you can learn something....

Everything I have posted regarding the headers vs mid pipes etc has come from Boomer who has tested and installed plenty....

I don't need to learn from the forums - I've actually done it ;)

womsterr said:
I don't need to learn from the forums - I've actually done it ;)

Tom....I hope we are having a healthy debate and not an arguement....fun with a few jabs....

As far as the headers....you can Pm Gary he will walk you through it.......;)

Last edited:
Nowwhat said:
What are you going to run now for exhaust....?....Still going with high flo's...?....for Cali purposes...

I will use Maxi's with wings :dancing: for the flow rates I will experiance. HE HE

It will melt/blow a set of cats apart on the second pass.

Going to probably be registered in another state.

I put ceramic long tubes on my V-8 hemi a couple of months ago and got 22 Hp/23TQ increase top end (before and after dyno, SAE corrected). So I can see 30 HP for the Belangers (which I have) on our V-10 Vipers, however I don't have a before dyno with the Belangers.

Nowwhat said:
Tom....I hope we are having a healthy debate and not an arguement....fun with a few jabs....

As far as the headers....you can Pm Gary he will walk you through it.......;)

We are no worries - hope you take as same. That being said I'm not giving an inch!

With headers...I talk to the Boomeister about every other day. BTW he got his Bellangers from me ;)

Hamrhead said:
ET's can vary so much from different things such as temp, traction, driver, humidity, alignment of the planets, etc...

Your before/after MPH would be a better way to judge improvement.:)
Hamrhead, my trap speed went from 104 to 108 mph with the addition of headers and high flow cats. ;)

Weather was about 5 degrees cooler on after header run, not sure about the humidity.:dontknow:

ViperTruck2933 said:
Hamrhead, my trap speed went from 104 to 108 mph with the addition of headers and high flow cats. ;)

Weather was about 5 degrees cooler on after header run, not sure about the humidity.:dontknow:

Well in my book, that would equate to around roughly 40hp, give or take.

I have to recognize what Nowhat is saying though - those 40 ponies did NOT totally come from the headers. They came from the combonation of Headers AND high flow cats. If you were to keep the stock manifolds and install high-flow cats, OR, install the Belangers and (somehow) keep the stock cat pipes(w/ 4 stock cats), you'd most likely cut that 40hp increase in half. Replacing both really helps this engine breath better, IMO.

Hamrhead said:
Well in my book, that would equate to around roughly 40hp, give or take.

I have to recognize what Nowhat is saying though - those 40 ponies did NOT totally come from the headers. They came from the combonation of Headers AND high flow cats. If you were to keep the stock manifolds and install high-flow cats, OR, install the Belangers and (somehow) keep the stock cat pipes(w/ 4 stock cats), you'd most likely cut that 40hp increase in half. Replacing both really helps this engine breath better, IMO.

that is all I am saying.....:idea:

Ok - I've never tested high flows v regular cats. No cats I think are 12-18 hp?
So what do you suppose the delta between high flows and stockers? Say...5hp? That would still allow for a good hp gain from the headers.

Also - folks who do headers are also looking for "the look" and definately the sound of the units too.

I don't doubt the Headers one bit - They definitely make power. But from a pure dollar vs. horsepower point of view, they're not the best bang for the buck out there.

I also now what Tom is saying. When I purchased my Belanger's from him, not only was I looking for power, but the 'look' under the hood, as well as the sound.

The Belanger headers are very nice to look at. The 5 ceramic coated pipes on each side are neatly inline and are impressive looking under the hood - very clean IMO.

And the Sound w/ high flows and the Magnaflow is addictive, to say the least!:rock:

hey hamrhead any problems with heat from the long tubes?
I do'nt want to melt anything i have under the hood.

Nope - not as of yet!:D

I don't know of anyone who has had heat related issues with Belanger's.

You should have no problems with heat. Just be sure to make sure everything is zip tied etc out of the way and not touching!

sapientiam said:
hey hamrhead any problems with heat from the long tubes?
I do'nt want to melt anything i have under the hood.
The coated Belangers run cooler than stock manifolds. Less under hood heat. You can tell a difference in heat level when you pop the hood.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back