Hey Django!

Django said:
Who else would I ask?

Kevan, or anyone else here who plays..... Maybe the guys at Guitar Center..... Esteban....? ;)

Lotsa guys...

D[/QUOTE]
Very funny. You are an old soul my friend, that you cannot hide.

joemags54 said:
Very funny. You are an old soul my friend, that you cannot hide.

I'm just thankful that some guys here still trust me...... I have self doubts just like everyone else, bro...

D

ILtemprd said:
I was looking to spend a couple hundred bucks for the first one, then when I go on tour maybe around 600. lol.

There are lots of great used guitars out there too, Shawn...

D

Django said:
More a fact of life than a call out.......

I can't count the number of times I've help select guitars for people.... Very few of them are still playing......

Any instrument "requires" much if one is to eventually get to the "fun place"....

Most are not willing to pay the price..... Pain, sufficient time, effort, tenacity, perseverance and dedication are all requirements of a competant player...

Some are left scattered somewhere along the roadside..... Their guitars are under the bed or in a closet....doing nothing...

Sad but true...the casualties are many....

Dj
So true Tim,My wife has a Taylor i got for her about 5-yrs. ago sitting in the closet.:(

JRSVIPR said:
So true Tim,My wife has a Taylor i got for her about 5-yrs. ago sitting in the closet.:(

If it's a good one, maybe she'll sell it to Shawnie.....:dontknow:

D

Django said:
More a fact of life than a call out.......

I can't count the number of times I've help select guitars for people.... Very few of them are still playing......

Any instrument "requires" much if one is to eventually get to the "fun place"....

Most are not willing to pay the price..... Pain, sufficient time, effort, tenacity, perseverance and dedication are all requirements of a competant player...

Some are left scattered somewhere along the roadside..... Their guitars are under the bed or in a closet....doing nothing...

Sad but true...the casualties are many....

Dj

Some folks just haven't "started" yet..... :eek: ;) Until then, some hang the guitar ON THE WALL, as ART (Because that's what your guitar is, Timmy.... It's fckin art, Bro. :rock: ).

............ Oh, and a hardy F*CK YOU, for that Esteban comment.... rof! :laugh: I smashed that pos a few months ago, because it wouldn't tune (among other reasons :eek: ). :D I shoulda pulled a "Keith Richards" and put a bullet in her to put it out of my misery. :p

I'm going to Guitar Center tomorrow to buy a stand and bench for Sarah's new digital piano (Yamaha P-85). Might have to "haggle" the little fella at the store to get me one of those Takamines. :rock:

Last edited:
Black1 said:
Some folks just haven't "started" yet..... :eek: ;) Until then, some hang the guitar ON THE WALL, as ART (Because that's what your guitar is, Timmy.... It's fckin art, Bro. :rock: ).

............ Oh, and a hardy F YOU, for that Esteban comment.... rof! :laugh: I smashed that pos a few months ago, because it wouldn't tune (among other reasons :eek: ). :D I shoulda pulled a "Keith Richards" and put a bullet in her to put it out of my misery. :p

I'm going to Guitar Center tomorrow to buy a stand and bench for Sarah's new digital piano (Yamaha P-85). Might have to "haggle" the little fella at the store to get me one of those Takamines. :rock:

The Esteban crack was not leveled at you, bro..... no horseshit...

But I knew that you'd be tantalized by it.... :congrats:

Esteban is a great salesman for his stuff.... He's got that unique kind'a "Hip Zorro" shit goin' on..... It's really memorable for many people.... He also plays on TV which is very entertaining... Playing latin rhythms in minor keys is very stirring to the soul..... People want to be able to play like that.... I love playing that kind'a shit...it's fkn fun as anything.... and Esteban makes it look so easy and affordable....

He never tells you about the time, the physical pain, the abject failure of "not being able to get it"... the hours of slow and methodical repetition.... scales...lord the scales......endless scales..... to get to where you can play that shit.....

We won't even talk about the dismal quality of his POS guitar... It's fkn UNTUNABLE let alone UNPLAYABLE....... All they are good for is to do your most vicious and violent Pete Townsend impressions with.....

Jake, don't buy an expensive stool for the keyboard... Just go to the unfinished furniture store and get a nice wooden barstool... a shorter one..... It'll work fine and only cost you about 15 - 20 bucks.... Use a small round couch pillow for the seat...

;) D

Last edited by a moderator:
Django said:
There are lots of great used guitars out there too, Shawn...

D
Thats cool too..the Pawn Shop or "the used guitar store"..?

ILtemprd said:
Thats cool too..the Pawn Shop or "the used guitar store"..?

Funny......... ("used guitar store")... Ignore the "Vintage" guitar shops....

Many "guitar only" shops have used stuff that's not an arm and a leg......

Remember, the name means nothing...... Every guitar is unique.... It's a buyers market... Grind 'em to the fkn bone....

Guitar Center will also deal on good quality, low priced guitars.... Check 'em out.

D

Django said:

Jake, don't buy an expensive stool for the keyboard... Just go to the unfinished furniture store and get a nice wooden barstool... a shorter one..... It'll work fine and only cost you about 15 - 20 bucks.... Use a small round couch pillow for the seat...

;) D

She's played piano for most of her life.... (trained for over 10 years)... she's very good. And she wants a proper stool. :dontknow: :eek: They are $40 at Guitar Center. :)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-KT7800--Keyboard-Bench-450427-i1172134.gc

I really wanted to get her a Baby Grand... but, it's extremely expensive to move (we are renting currently and already have a pool table that is costly to move), on top of the hefty price tag. So, that will have to wait until we buy a home. She has a nice upright already, her parents are keeping for her (in MI). If we move back up that way, we'll just have that re-tuned and keep it. :)

Last edited:
Black1 said:
She's played piano for most of her life.... (trained for over 10 years)... she's very good. And she wants a proper stool. :dontknow: :eek: They are $40 at Guitar Center. :)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-KT7800--Keyboard-Bench-450427-i1172134.gc

I really wanted to get her a Baby Grand... but, it's extremely expensive to move (we are renting currently and already have a pool table that is costly to move), on top of the hefty price tag. So, that will have to wait until we buy a home. She has a nice upright already, her parents are keeping for her (in MI). If we move back up that way, we'll just have that re-tuned and keep it. :)

I see...that's different if she's an accomplished player......

As usual, the kid has his shit together...:rock:

D

Django said:
Funny......... ("used guitar store")... Ignore the "Vintage" guitar shops....

Many "guitar only" shops have used stuff that's not an arm and a leg......

Remember, the name means nothing...... Every guitar is unique.... It's a buyers market... Grind 'em to the fkn bone....

Guitar Center will also deal on good quality, low priced guitars.... Check 'em out.

D
you're the sheeeeiiit Timbo. :rock: :thrasher: :thrasher: :thrasher: :thrasher:

ILtemprd said:
heres what im up against. you may want to turn the volume down a bit.LOL...ladies and gentleman..my daughter on guitar....:rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JltDnzF6nS8

Despite the fact that the guitar is actually just a prop, these two exhibit much of what it takes to be a star.....: charisma, a complete lack of intimidation by the camera, a sense of pace and timing and a fairly good concept of what it takes to entertain others......

Sign here, kid.........

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back