Hi guys

Rcboy1972

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I live in the uk and I am looking into getting a SRT10 quad cab 2004 in silver I test drove it yesterday pretty much faultless apart from what i think is a harsh gearchage when put foot down.
As never driven another one dont know if this is normal or a problem so wanted a bit of advise before commit to buy it in case an expensive repair,truck has done 34000 miles
thanks in advance

Welcome to the VTCoA! 2005 was the first year for the QC SRT-10. Do you have any pictures of the truck?

Have the transmission checked before you buy the truck. As mentioned, QC's were 05 or 06 only.:)

To clarify, "Production Years 2005 and 2006". You may be looking at one that was built in 2004 and is part of the 2005 production cycle

Could be a tranny issue. Qc where known to have them go out. I think I'm one of the few that haven't had issues with mine yet.

Thanks for the quick replies,the registration plate is a 54 plate talked to the vendor they tell me it's an 05 model have couple of pics on my phone which will try upload.
The transmission is banging when changing gear if just driving normally in traffic smooth changes but when get onto open road and put foot down it kicks down fine but as comes up through changes it feels like when you mis judge a manual change snatching

Could be a tranny issue. Qc where known to have them go out. I think I'm one of the few that haven't had issues with mine yet.

Quick knock on wood, do it!!!

Expensive fix or is it worth getting recon over from US of A my other thought was to travel over and buy truck there and ship it back with few spares and other bits and pieces in the bed

Hi, look in the european sector of this forum and get in touch with mickster.
There are some SRT owners in the UK that can help you out with advices.

Good luck and you will enjoy !

Welcome, to the RBC. These auto's are hard shifting at times. If possible get it checked to be safe. To me 34000 miles is not a lot for that tranny, but also I'm no expert. Good luck.

Hi wasn't slipping just shifting hard,there seem to be a few for sale over here at moment there is a yellow fever for similar money with slightly lower mileage going to try contact the owner to go have test drive, anything else should be looking for?

If you talk about Yellow Fever 007/200, then you can contact Mickster on here.
It is his truck and for sale on ebay uk. Dont know why he is selling, but maybe
Looking for something different...

The yellow fever has it all, what you need !

Yeah I see that one there is another one as well what ever truck I get has to be an auto I had an accident in 2009 and have ended up a double amputee below knee so unable to drive a manual. Will contact mickster though for some help finding a good one he seems to only be about 40 miles away from where I live.

Would you need additional equipment for handgas ?
I might be able to help you out.
One of our german club members died and he was a wheelchair driver.
If you are interested, i could ask, if this equipment is still available,
As the truck has been sold to someone who did not need it.

All the best

Arne

Cheers for the offer Arne but I drive normally just has to be auto can drive manual but is hard work as I can't flex my ankle to use clutch

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back