Horrible clatter !!!!

jj2329

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just started doing this this week. I thought it might be the oil being 0W-40 with the summertime heat. Change the oil to 10W-40 and its still there. Gonna try and post a link to YouTube video, not sure if I'll do it right.

I have a vid on youtube of a similar sound coming from my engine.

Was the belt tensioner. Made such a racket!!!

Check that first.

Is there a way to check the belt tensioner?

Take the serp belt off & out of the way. Start the engine, if it still makes noise it's not belt related. Don't let it run longer than a minute because you won't have coolant flow.

I listen to your video, kinda makes me think that's not the same sound. I would love it if it were.

Pull the valve cover off and take a look. I know where you live if you need any help:D

Kyle I appreciate the offer bud. If I decide to dig into tomorrow and your not busy I'll give you a shout. This is gonna sound kinda gay,lol but can I get your number.

can't find any slop with the engine off, might need to run her to see or feel which one is the noise maker

Is it possible a pulley on the front of motor is the cause of the sound or how would I know if it were a lifter.

Give me a call back if you want. I'm off work tomorrow and shouldn't be to busy so I can drop by if you'll be around.

I know it may be a shot in the dark but check the crank pulley bolt:dontknow: To me it sounds like something in the valve train though. Hopefully it's not nothing major:eek:

I'll holler at you tomorrow , maybe I can cut out early from work. I've already taken care of the crank bolt and I checked it again just recently when I installed under drive pulley.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back