**HOTEL REGISTRATION OPEN- NEW UPDATE 9 MAY** Attendance For VTCA Meeting June 21,22

ROKTMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Kevin :

I have been working with Dodge licensing to create the VTCA. In my conversations, we have developed a list of items that need to be completed in order for this to happen. So I am starting this thread to begin the process.

Of all the models of vehicles that DC produces, they only provide factory support to the VCA. But that may change!! They are interested in two possible new clubs, with the VTCA being one as the SRT-10 is their flagship truck!

The first piece of information that I need to gather is how many of the current forum members are interested in being a member of the VTCA. I need to get a figure of how many people would be interested out of the number of members on this forum.

I have contacted a few fellow members that would be interested in helping establish this. At this point, I am only getting a headcount to see if this is something to push forward with.

The second part of the initial head count is to also establish a small board of members that is spread throughout the states to possibly run regional clubs as well as establish an Executive Board. This board, at this point would only be set until the club is in place and then a member nomination/voting could take place to establish the permanent board.

If you are interested in being on the board, please let me know. One of the things that will be required of the initial board will to conduct the first general meeting to establish the by-laws of the club. So you must be willing to travel to at least the first meeting.

These are the first things that I am required to have in place in order to present a proposal to the board at DC to try and gain factory support.

I have also spoken with Ekool about either establishing our own VTCA Section of this forum or establishing a separate forum for VTCA Members with a link from this site.

So as with all clubs, VCA included there will be membership dues to help support the club. It will be established as a Non-Profit club. So what amount do you feel is a fair price? VCA is $100 per year. This will also be a topic at the first general meeting.
So to sum it up:

#1) Are you Interested in being a member?
#2) Are you interested in being on the board?
#3) What are fair membership dues?

1) Roktman 513-266-4897

ARR Houston Hobby TU 20 JUN 1:15 PM Southwest Airlines

DEP Houston Hobby SU 25 JUN 0855AM Southwest Airlines

2)fstjack
3)Rolex Dr. hmmm

im planning on flying in tues nite at 9ish

leaving sunday at 9am ish

4) Texas Yellow Fever
Ok, I'm booked at the hotel. I arrive Tuesday, leave Sunday. I'm driving down, so anyone needing transportation etc, lemme know.

5) k-80 OK I am in...arrive Tue SWA 5:20PM leave Sat 10:50AM...I reserved a rental car at the airport and have confirmed the room at the Hilton for 4 nights.

6) GAVPRT-OCGA-4006186

Reservations are confirmed. I will arrive on Tuesday, around lunch time hopefully. I will leave on Sunday, whenever time.

I will be driving from Atlanta. Hope there are plenty of gas stations open along the way. My cell number is 678-855-5593. Anyone needing a ride or want to run in a group, let me know.

7) Nothnbutrouble ...... Hotel reservations completed, and flight booked.
Arrive June 20th HOUSTON HOBBY(HOU) at 12:25PM
Depart June 23rd HOUSTON HOBBY(HOU) at 4:50PM

8) Tat2stuff... Hotel reserve June18 to June 24, I may change the arrival date to the 19th, I have to see my sched in June. Bringing the family for a mini vacation. I rented a car

ROKTMAN said:
From Kevin :

I have been working with Dodge licensing to create the VTCA. In my conversations, we have developed a list of items that need to be completed in order for this to happen. So I am starting this thread to begin the process.

Of all the models of vehicles that DC produces, they only provide factory support to the VCA. But that may change!! They are interested in two possible new clubs, with the VTCA being one as the SRT-10 is their flagship truck!

The first piece of information that I need to gather is how many of the current forum members are interested in being a member of the VTCA. I need to get a figure of how many people would be interested out of the number of members on this forum.

I have contacted a few fellow members that would be interested in helping establish this. At this point, I am only getting a headcount to see if this is something to push forward with.

The second part of the initial head count is to also establish a small board of members that is spread throughout the states to possibly run regional clubs as well as establish an Executive Board. This board, at this point would only be set until the club is in place and then a member nomination/voting could take place to establish the permanent board.

If you are interested in being on the board, please let me know. One of the things that will be required of the initial board will to conduct the first general meeting to establish the by-laws of the club. So you must be willing to travel to at least the first meeting.

These are the first things that I am required to have in place in order to present a proposal to the board at DC to try and gain factory support.

I have also spoken with Ekool about either establishing our own VTCA Section of this forum or establishing a separate forum for VTCA Members with a link from this site.

So as with all clubs, VCA included there will be membership dues to help support the club. It will be established as a Non-Profit club. So what amount do you feel is a fair price? VCA is $100 per year. This will also be a topic at the first general meeting.
So to sum it up:

#1) Are you Interested in being a member?
#2) Are you interested in being on the board?
#3) What are fair membership dues?

1) Roktman 513-266-4897

ARR Houston Hobby TU 20 JUN 1:15 PM Southwest Airlines

DEP Houston Hobby SU 25 JUN 0855AM Southwest Airlines

2)fstjack
3)Rolex Dr. hmmm

im planning on flying in tues nite at 9ish

leaving sunday at 9am ish

4) Texas Yellow Fever
Ok, I'm booked at the hotel. I arrive Tuesday, leave Sunday. I'm driving down, so anyone needing transportation etc, lemme know.

5) k-80 OK I am in...arrive Tue June 20th SWA 5:20PM leave Sat 10:50AM...I reserved a rental car at the airport and have confirmed the room at the Hilton for 4 nights.

6) GAVPRT-OCGA-4006186

Reservations are confirmed. I will arrive on Tuesday, around lunch time hopefully. I will leave on Sunday, whenever time.

I will be driving from Atlanta. Hope there are plenty of gas stations open along the way. My cell number is 678-855-5593. Anyone needing a ride or want to run in a group, let me know.

7) Nothnbutrouble ...... Hotel reservations completed, and flight booked.
Arrive June 20th HOUSTON HOBBY(HOU) at 12:25PM
Depart June 23rd HOUSTON HOBBY(HOU) at 4:50PM

8) Tat2stuff... Hotel reserve June18 to June 24, I may change the arrival date to the 19th, I have to see my sched in June. Bringing the family for a mini vacation. I rented a car

Hey Dave, we need to find a place to meet Tue. night when everyone gets in.....I could be at the hotel at 6:30PM....You guys can buy me a drink since the 20th in my B-day.....Just thought we should set something up since I have never met any of you saps....:):) might walk right past and not know.....maybe a good place to eat....what you you guys think?

Cool Walt.Main lobby?

I`ll be with Steve as he is picking me up.I`ll the the big 6'4" thick Mf`er in the VTCA shirt.Ask for me and ring my room or cell 513-266-4897 .I`ll be in early afternoon.

ROKTMAN said:
Cool Walt.Main lobby?

I`ll be with Steve as he is picking me up.I`ll the the big 6'4" thick Mf`er in the VTCA shirt.Ask for me and ring my room or cell 513-266-4897 .I`ll be in early afternoon.

Works for me there is a bar left of the lobby if its open it is clear view of the front desk....sounds good...:)

Walt

The bar it is then!:) I get in @ 1:15 so figure an hour to get to the hotel ,get settled in.How about 4:30 or when you can get there ..6:30.Pick a good place to eat.Maybe Tex Mex,steakhouse ?

Last edited:
I know of a few places on Westhemier....but that is it as that is the road to the gun club....there is a seafood place...a texmex....may need to ask about that one...man there is a great steak and place I went too where the waiters are dressed like gauchos they serve all these different types of steak, chicken and pork on a spit.....little pricey at $25.00 head...has a great salad bar and you have a colored round disc one side is red one side is green...if you have the green side up the food keeps coming...red means no more....really good....better go hungry...:)
Walt

The steakhouse sounds good.Been years since I had some good Texas steak.Seafood is good too.Being on the gulf it has to be fresh.It will be a tough decision.

K-80-123 said:
I know of a few places on Westhemier....but that is it as that is the road to the gun club....there is a seafood place...a texmex....may need to ask about that one...man there is a great steak and place I went too where the waiters are dressed like gauchos they serve all these different types of steak, chicken and pork on a spit.....little pricey at $25.00 head...has a great salad bar and you have a colored round disc one side is red one side is green...if you have the green side up the food keeps coming...red means no more....really good....better go hungry...:)
Walt

Hey Walt, is that place called Fago de Chao? Just wondering because your description made it sound so.

Dave, what time will the meetings be held at the Hilton? I hope not early in the day. I work til 3:30 pm.

Venom Power said:
Dave, nuthinbutrouble arrives an hour before you. Are you sure Steve is picking you up?

Yep, I'm scheduled to pick Dave up and anyone else that'll be there around the same time is welcome to a ride as well.

Just letting everyone know, I arrive into Houston on Tuesday June 20th at 7am. I will be at the hotel when others arrive (Dave!!). I will be in the Houston area (Katy) until the 4th of July for those who are staying longer or live in the area (that owe me lunch ;) :D ).

A lot has changed over the last week.... Some of which may impact our future as a club as well as membership count. This meeting cannot happen soon enough. We should have went for it in December! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

BDIA

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Yep, I'm scheduled to pick Dave up and anyone else that'll be there around the same time is welcome to a ride as well.

Thanks for the "heads up". I just got off the phone with Dave.
Steve you want me to bring out a few "pops" while I wait at the airport for Dave? :D
Here is my cell 727 599 7430

NBT said:
Thanks for the "heads up". I just got off the phone with Dave.
Steve you want me to bring out a few "pops" while I wait at the airport for Dave? :D
Here is my cell 727 599 7430

Duh...why would you ask such a silly question???? Some pops would be a good idea, but I don't know if there's gonna be a good place to hang and enjoy them...but you never know...My cell phone is 972-754-8805. We should try to get together a cheat sheet of everyone's phone number...

Guys I should be at the Hotel by 6:30PM on the 20th....lets all get together and have dinner & Drinks?????

Walt

K-80-123 said:
Guys I should be at the Hotel by 6:30PM on the 20th....lets all get together and have dinner & Drinks?????

Walt

ABSOLUTELY, Walt I'm counting on that!!!!! We should be there a lot earlier than you, maybe around 2:00ish. Hopefully, we won't be too trashed by the time you get there. We might have to eat at the hotel the first night or get a cab...LOL!!!

Good to talk to you Ken.I`ll call you when I am on the ground.Steve will pick us up although you will be there 40 min.earlier.

I'm glad you fellerz are getting the details ironed out before next month. Steve that's good that you can get both Dave and NBT. I know it was mentioned before that Jamie was coming in at IAH at 9 pm that night. But after what's been going on at the former forum I'm not sure what's going to happen. I'm still keeping my plans to get Jamie though since he'll be coming in close by me. My cell number is 832-217-0562. If anybody wants to call for assistance getting around (or to include me in the shindig) my calender that day will be completely opened.:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back