Houston Mechanic & Body Swap

RMBLFSH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings~

I have swapped a 1953 Dodge B4B onto my 2004 SRT10, not complete but at a point to fire up the engine. Everything ran before I did the swap, I have all harnesses reconnected, grounds, etc. Instrument cluster/lights/power accessories all power up fine but Engine won't crank when I push to start. Going to continue troubleshooting what might have been missed during the install but wanted ask if anyone has a good viper truck mechanic in Houston that makes house calls?...

Thanks in advance!

as in the starter motor not workin???

clutch saftey switch on a manual or saftey netural switch on the auto???

Not sure what is causing it, only tried push to start and got nothing. Need to buy a code reader as well.

I'm not followin'... Isn't a 1953 B4B something that shouldn't be associated with S-R-T?

You put an engine from a 1953 vehicle into a 2004 SRT10? I am confused!

used to be, but not any more,lol:rock::rock::D

Correct, old dodge pickup body with v10 engine/running gear.

sounds close to the "52Fiper" project:rock::rock::rock:

Alright, not sure this helps but ran the C-codes on the instrument panel and it popped a bunch of door codes and AE and A4. I understand why AE is coming up as the airbags aren't plugged in. The A4 is the one that I think may be the culprit, I found this on the web " Ignition run/start circuit rationality check" but have no idea what that means in English....

Alright, not sure this helps but ran the C-codes on the instrument panel and it popped a bunch of door codes and AE and A4. I understand why AE is coming up as the airbags aren't plugged in. The A4 is the one that I think may be the culprit, I found this on the web " Ignition run/start circuit rationality check" but have no idea what that means in English....

can ya convert the A4 code to an OBDII code.

like the P0000 codes???

Would a A4 code cause it to not crank? Only other codes are AE which I am sure is because I don't have them installed and the door codes.

depends how into it ya need.

just a reader/code clearer any from NAPA, AutoZone, etc. will do ya good & a fair price.

to monitor & run a few tests jump up in price.

just have to see what they have on hand

Houston....we have ignition! Huge props go out to serioushp here in H town, figured it out in a couple hours that it was just a bad relay. They were fantastic and will likely have them work on my other srt and ctsv.

Now the road begins to 1200 hp.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back