HOUSTON PERFORMANCE TRUCK SHOOTOUT

well hate to say it but now im glad i did not go ,,i heard there was a bit of a mess there ,,some guy did a burnout and threw crap all over others rides ,dough nuts and burn outs on track parking lot ,i was told it was lucky no one got ran over from some showing off,too many drunk young guys ,and yes you guessed it when young guys get drunk there are always fights ,,they packed the back side of track and some peeps were driving too fast through that area and were hitting others rides ,,lines just to do a few runs were long as hell ,,thats the problem with baytown track its always crowded :dontknow:

well hate to say it but now im glad i did not go ,,i heard there was a bit of a mess there ,,some guy did a burnout and threw crap all over others rides ,dough nuts and burn outs on track parking lot ,i was told it was lucky no one got ran over from some showing off,too many drunk young guys ,and yes you guessed it when young guys get drunk there are always fights ,,they packed the back side of track and some peeps were driving too fast through that area and were hitting others rides ,,lines just to do a few runs were long as hell ,,thats the problem with baytown track its always crowded :dontknow:

If that keeps up I wouldn't be surprised if they shut that place down.

I am sure its the same piece of shits that do it at Baytown.

I was there. The problem was the massive turnout. I heard there were 7,000 in attendance, and I heard it was 3,000. It looked like more than 7,000 to me. They were completely overwhelmed with spectators and racers. Further, there was definately a bad element that was not taking direction from the Royal Purple staff and there was nothing staff could do about it because they only had two or three law enforcement present, and no track security guys. Some of the Houston Perfromance Truck crews (many of their members work on their trucks together and socialize in "crews") were going around in small groups doing the best they could to keep order, but they had no real authority (no badges), and as the night wore on and most of the spectators got drunk and the scene deteriorated.

Since the spectators were not racing on the track they started doing burnouts in the far back parking lot area. This was not occurring in the main parking lot in the front where all of the racers and crews were parking. They allowed people to bring in beer and they were selling beer very cheap. I paid $3.00 for one poweraid energy drink and the guy next to me paid $12.00 for a 6 pack of beer. People were just walking around carrying 6 packs and even 24 packs drinking in the stands and everywhere. Some of the young punks (not members of the HPT) started fights when they got drunk, did burnouts throwing rocks all over and generally made asses out of themselves in the far back parking lot.

The actual HPT guys were in attendance to have fun and do some safe racing. They had been looking forward to this for a long time. Unfortunately even non-HPT people were allowed to race and they were not very respectful to the Royal Purple limited staff that was trying to keep order. Things were so screwed up that they could not even keep track of who won the various different classes. I do not think they handed out the trophies.

The HPT guys are already planning on what they are going to do next year so the fiasco does not happen again. More security, no non-HPT people racing, no drinking in the stands and make the beer more expensive.

On a positive note, there were a lot of HPT guys that came out with their friends and families for some good fun and legal racing. They have some very fast trucks, and some very, very fast trucks. There are not yet any 10s that can challenge their fastest trucks. The best time of the night was 8.59 at 162 mph in a turbo Ford Ranger that is street legal and also driven on the street. They had quite a few trucks running in the 10s and 11s. They have videos posted on their web site. Two SRT 10's showed up. A red QC and an inferno red RC. The QC ran faster than the RC but ran like stock trucks.

Last edited:
I was there. The problem was the massive turnout. I heard there were 7,000 in attendance, and I heard it was 3,000. It looked like more than 7,000 to me. They were completely overwhelmed with spectators and racers. Further, there was definately a bad element that was not taking direction from the Royal Purple staff and there was nothing staff could do about it because they only had two or three law enforcement present, and no track security guys. Some of the Houston Perfromance Truck crews (many of their members work on their trucks together and socialize in "crews") were going around in small groups doing the best they could to keep order, but they had no real authority (no badges), and as the night wore on and most of the spectators got drunk and the scene deteriorated.

Since the spectators were not racing on the track they started doing burnouts in the far back parking lot area. This was not occurring in the main parking lot in the front where all of the racers and crews were parking. They allowed people to bring in beer and they were selling beer very cheap. I paid $3.00 for one poweraid energy drink and the guy next to me paid $12.00 for a 6 pack of beer. People were just walking around carrying 6 packs and even 24 packs drinking in the stands and everywhere. Some of the young punks (not members of the HPT) started fights when they got drunk, did burnouts throwing rocks all over and generally made asses out of themselves in the far back parking lot.

The actual HPT guys were in attendance to have fun and do some safe racing. They had been looking forward to this for a long time. Unfortunately even non-HPT people were allowed to race and they were not very respectful to the Royal Purple limited staff that was trying to keep order. Things were so screwed up that they could not even keep track of who won the various different classes. I do not think they handed out the trophies.

The HPT guys are already planning on what they are going to do next year so the fiasco does not happen again. More security, no non-HPT people racing, no drinking in the stands and make the beer more expensive.

On a positive note, there were a lot of HPT guys that came out with their friends and families for some good fun and legal racing. They have some very fast trucks, and some very, very fast trucks. There are not yet any 10s that can challenge their fastest trucks. The best time of the night was 8.59 at 162 mph in a turbo Ford Ranger that is street legal and also driven on the street. They had quite a few trucks running in the 10s and 11s. They have videos posted on their web site. Two SRT 10's showed up. A red QC and an inferno red RC. The QC ran faster than the RC but ran like stock trucks.

Looks to me like the folks running that track aren't too bright. Just packing them in to get paid. Cheap beer? Testosterone? Immature kuckleheads, lack of security and high performance rides? Real bad mix. Glad you didn't get hurt out there and your ride wasn't damaged. I hope the next turn out will be new and improved.

Guess it was meant to be that I couldn't make it. Had I not tried swapping masters I woulda gone and had a shitty time other than hanging with the boyz.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back