How about a National SRT/10 Gathering

Would you like to attend a SRT/10 only National Meet?

• Yes

Votes: 93 98.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Kevan said:
For those that want their trucks to be there, but don't feel like driving them: Reliable Auto Transport.

I think it's about $1,000 to ship a car one way from NY to LA. Round trip for half the distance should be about the same.

Not a bad idea,It would cost that much in gas if they have it in NEBRASKA!!!:D

Silverback said:
Here is a thought that people can toss around for a bit.

The Austin Mini Cooper group has a East/West meet every year, and about every 5 to 8 years they will organize a full national meet.

We could do the same, and start off with East/West meets, get things organized and maybe pickup additional members and such over a couple years and then 3 to 5 years down the line have a national event.

Toss it around here and lets see what people think.

Silverman, you are very wise man.Two bananas for you! That would be a great way to work it.I don't see myself driving the beast to the other side of the country.I'm sure the guys in CALI are thinking the same thing.!!!:rock:

Silverback said:
Here is a thought that people can toss around for a bit.

The Austin Mini Cooper group has a East/West meet every year, and about every 5 to 8 years they will organize a full national meet.

We could do the same, and start off with East/West meets, get things organized and maybe pickup additional members and such over a couple years and then 3 to 5 years down the line have a national event.

Toss it around here and lets see what people think.

Sounds good to me ;)

moparracing said:
certainly not centrally located.......... somewhere between denver & topeka would be more centrally located.......:D

Oh come now, we all know Guam is centrally located.
I say Guam. We can all watch the gooney birds land in.

Ok I'd go...depending if it is in Vegas or East L.A. :)

i was just kidding about Guam...but they do has some clear ocean water..

dallas said:
Oh come now, we all know Guam is centrally located.
I say Guam. We can all watch the gooney birds land in.

Ok I'd go...depending if it is in Vegas or East L.A. :)

i was just kidding about Guam...but they do has some clear ocean water..

And it's warm.:)

Someplace warm is good..Im in for whatever..but would like to see it be same place every year..just makes it that much easier to plan..

Maybe the Carribean...lol..then it wouldnt be about the trucks..it would be about beach, sun, and beer..could use somma dat right now..

Riff62 said:
Someplace warm is good..Im in for whatever..but would like to see it be same place every year..just makes it that much easier to plan..

Maybe the Carribean...lol..then it wouldnt be about the trucks..it would be about beach, sun, and beer..could use somma dat right now..
You want it warm....Pheonix 110 at 4 pm LOOOLOL:rock: I Love it :p I can eat this heat up all day long.............Devil Dooooooooooooooooooooooog :D

but its a dry heat...lol..
Screw that..I dont do well when its that hot..90..0k..95..well ok...98..find my fat ass a pool..lol

Now I'm just throwing this out for people to think about.

Same place vs. rotating the location.

If it's the same place every year, the same local members will always be responsible for sponsering and organizing the event. May not be much fun for them.

Also some may get tired of the same old, same old.

Now on the plus side, it will not take as much effort to organize as you have the prior years to build from.

A different location every year means we will share the responsibility of organizing the event.

Every year will be new and different.

The location choosen this year may not be convient for some members to travel to, but the next year will work for them. This allows more members to participate.

TheSickness said:
You want it warm....Pheonix 110 at 4 pm LOOOLOL:rock: I Love it :p I can eat this heat up all day long.............Devil Dooooooooooooooooooooooog :D
aint it great??!! and just think...summer officially started yesterday..:rock:

Good points Mr. Hall..I guess after thinking about it a rolling venue makes sense..
I just dont like that whole east coast/west coast thing..there would be some who would attend both, but more often than not you would get the same groups at each one..

Silverback said:

If it's the same place every year, the same local members will always be responsible for sponsering and organizing the event. May not be much fun for them.

Now on the plus side, it will not take as much effort to organize as you have the prior years to build from.

A different location every year means we will share the responsibility of organizing the event.

The location choosen this year may not be convient for some members to travel to, but the next year will work for them. This allows more members to participate.

Its once a year....how can you get bored :dontknow: Perhaps after 8-10 years and nothing new is added.

There is value add in keeping the same or at least some of the same planners each year to improve the event from the prior year.

Each year you are going to have core members come but there will always be new faces. There is always something that comes up and impacts your priorities and ability to attend an event. So , it wouldnt surprise me that some people come every other year.

Lets not debate the rotating location issue until it becomes a problem. There are enough challenges already in coordinating the event, without spending endless cycles on choosing new locations each time.

newmexicoviper said:
Ya he's right it could turn into & yearly thing and theres nothing to say that the location cant change every year. That way we get to see & do new things each year, wont get old that way. We could call it the tity bar annual hahha
I'm also into the Taurus SHO's, since '96, and we've been doing that exact thing, diff. place every year, for 16 of the past 17 w/atleast 2 more still planned and it works great. A group discounted rate on a host hotel 4 day deal w/plenty of activities like Road course, drags, judged car show, drives, banquet dinner w/door prices and charity auction (of donated parts/mods, cleaning products, shirts, etc.) tech sessions, etc. and of course plenty of late night parking lot b.s sessions. Havn't made the SHO's for 8 years now and we still have around 100 every year. A good chunk of them include the whole family and/or wives or girlfriends, some are even the girl into the SHO's and the boyfriend/husband is the one along for the ride. all have fun.
I'd def be interested in an SRT one, can be a ton of fun if organized right, unfortunately I'm not the one that has been doing all the great organizing of these events over the past yrs.and it is a ton of work, so I wouldn't be much help for more than general ideas/format type things for the big picture(how it's worked for SHOClub gtg's).

Silverback said:

Exactly! Some plan their entire vacation around things like this and do other things on the way to/from and a diff. local each year allows them to do/see diff. things/places each year.

Prof said:
For sure!

St. Louis would be very central so would Kansas City.

But this is way out there...how about Sturgus, South Dakota...for sure they enjoy having wild people visit...just a thought...what a great ride for everyone!

Oh....Barry, just fly to Chicago and ride with me!

Thanx PROF , i keep this in mind... :D ;)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back