How about a National SRT/10 Gathering

Would you like to attend a SRT/10 only National Meet?

• Yes

Votes: 93 98.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I think this will become the sticking point..

option #1 - Same location each year
option #2 - Rotating location

Heres the issues as I see it.

option # 1 - Same people will be able to bring their trucks. This is a truck GTG. Without the ability to show off your rigs, people will become a bit disenchanted with it. Yes, the people are the main reason for this thing happening, but we all like seeing pics and talking about different mods we have done.

option # 2 - Planning, planning, planning... This, to me is a better option sue to solving the issues raised in option 1. Problem arises where one year a bunch of guys can show up with their trucs at one location, then the next year, they are too far from driving and decisde to skip it. I understand the thought process also... I am just pointing this out.

Maybe the thought of having a national VTCoA GTG would just have to be a thing where you know how far it is and decide to either drive or fly. If you are that into this, you are gonna show with or without your rig. Thats where it becomes more about the people you wll see than the trucks..

The trucks brought us together, the friendships that are generated from it are what keeps it going.

TREKER said:
I think this will become the sticking point..

option #1 - Same location each year
option #2 - Rotating location

Heres the issues as I see it.

option # 1 - Same people will be able to bring their trucks. This is a truck GTG. Without the ability to show off your rigs, people will become a bit disenchanted with it. Yes, the people are the main reason for this thing happening, but we all like seeing pics and talking about different mods we have done.

option # 2 - Planning, planning, planning... This, to me is a better option sue to solving the issues raised in option 1. Problem arises where one year a bunch of guys can show up with their trucs at one location, then the next year, they are too far from driving and decisde to skip it. I understand the thought process also... I am just pointing this out.

Maybe the thought of having a national VTCoA GTG would just have to be a thing where you know how far it is and decide to either drive or fly. If you are that into this, you are gonna show with or without your rig. Thats where it becomes more about the people you wll see than the trucks..

The trucks brought us together, the friendships that are generated from it are what keeps it going.

That is why Sport Truck and Truckin Magizine have a West and East coast HAVOC truck show... to service both side of the country.

I know for one being a show promoter for the American Sand Association and working with vendors and public theirs comes to be the expecation for all parties interested that there will be "static" place selected and stick with it... if you move and bounce around the vendors and people will lose interest and decide not to "chase" you.

So I like the idea of organizing says lets say a Vegas one for West siders, and then someplace maybe in Tennesee for east coasters.

First, great idea, GTG's are always the best....

Second, like the 3 location part....East, West, and Central....make each as central as possible to get the most participation...

Third, like the idea of rotating locations....ie, each year a different place with something new.....

my three cents :D

If y'all are still considering a central location GTG you might look at Branson, Missouri. Fairly central with a Vegas flavor. Lots of hotels and things to do. Shows, restaurants, camp grounds etc. Just thought I'd throw that out for consideration. And we all know the saying about how Missouri loves company.:D

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
If y'all are still considering a central location GTG you might look at Branson, Missouri. Fairly central with a Vegas flavor. Lots of hotels and things to do. Shows, restaurants, camp grounds etc. Just thought I'd throw that out for consideration. And we all know the saying about how Missouri loves company.:D

I certainly like that idea!

I like the idea of rotating the GTG's every year. Can we do the first one in Vegas since a lot of people are going to the Nat's this year?:D

OK, I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but frankly.....I don't want to drive 10 plus hours to a GTG.....it's a ton of miles, wear and tear on the truck, and serious dollars for all the above including fuel......IMHO, GTG's with our vehicles should be local, and with good planning, you can get 20 rigs within a 4 hour drive....

Instead, I'd prefer a yearly VTCOA Vacation Party....we could easily move the spot each year.....Vegas, then NY, then LA, and so forth....people within 3-4 hours or less could drive, which would easily be 10-20 trucks to represent our fine group.....the rest could fly in.....it would be a long weekend, like Thursday through Sunday.....pick locations where we can get travel discounts, decent rooms rates, and easy transport (we could rent a few huge party vans).....one year, maybe even go overseas :rock:

This way, everyone that actually wanted to attend could show....locals represent the trucks with their fine rides, and the rest of us can party down with them.....set up an agenda here on the site, have everyone give input, and go with the majority.....get maximum attendance....as far as the trucks go, we all have a few tricks here and there, but ultimately, they are all very similar.....it's the people that are different, and I'd like to party with everyone.....I've been lucky enough to meet many of you, and while I like the truck, I'd rather be able to get EVERYONE to show and not worry about the rigs.... :D

If someone already said this, sorry I skipped over your post :p

Big Perm said:
OK, I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but frankly.....I don't want to drive 10 plus hours to a GTG.....it's a ton of miles, wear and tear on the truck, and serious dollars for all the above including fuel......IMHO, GTG's with our vehicles should be local, and with good planning, you can get 20 rigs within a 4 hour drive....

Instead, I'd prefer a yearly VTCOA Vacation Party....we could easily move the spot each year.....Vegas, then NY, then LA, and so forth....people within 3-4 hours or less could drive, which would easily be 10-20 trucks to represent our fine group.....the rest could fly in.....it would be a long weekend, like Thursday through Sunday.....pick locations where we can get travel discounts, decent rooms rates, and easy transport (we could rent a few huge party vans).....one year, maybe even go overseas :rock:

This way, everyone that actually wanted to attend could show....locals represent the trucks with their fine rides, and the rest of us can party down with them.....set up an agenda here on the site, have everyone give input, and go with the majority.....get maximum attendance....as far as the trucks go, we all have a few tricks here and there, but ultimately, they are all very similar.....it's the people that are different, and I'd like to party with everyone.....I've been lucky enough to meet many of you, and while I like the truck, I'd rather be able to get EVERYONE to show and not worry about the rigs.... :D

If someone already said this, sorry I skipped over your post :p

You have kinda summed up what everyone has been saying actually. I agree, our rigs are the thing that started this, but the friendships we end up with is what makes it special.

I am also agree on an east coast and weat coast GTG. The idea of two
central locations Vegas and possibly NashvillE(?),. would draw the most people IMO

Steve

You guys with your Vegas crack me up.
I'll guess here, but with the parking lot rental and all the other fees REQUIRED to put on an event this size you're looking at probably a $15,000 to $20,000 one-day event.
That doesn't include any hotel rooms, any other meeting space, any events, or a single minute of track time.

The one thing you need any any location is "other stuff to do". While we all sit around and tell lies about our truck, not everyone that came with us will want to do that. You need other attractions.
Branson, MO will be a tough sell.
St. Louis will be easier- bigass arch (which is very cool, BTW), Budweiser plant tours, riverboats...etc.
Nashville has more music than Mikey has toe-cheese.

We tried the 'rotating' thing with the charity event I produce every year. Like others have said: no one likes 'chasing' it. The attendees and the sponsors know the location in advance and can plan for it. We shift the dates a little to get us on a weekend, but the spot remains the same.

We decided on Orlando and have kept it there for the past 6 years.
Why?
- Cheap flights from anywhere.
- TONS of CHEAP hotel rooms (and cheap meeting space).
- Non-union labor (no offense to our unionized members).
- No permits required to host the event.
It really made sense to fix the location- financially, logistically, and otherwise.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING ORLANDO AS A LOCATION FOR A NATIONAL SRT-10 MEET.

When it comes to date, consider all the other events happening within a month of yours. Too close and folks will be forces to pick one or the other.
Conversely, don't schedule it too far away from other events. Minneapolis in January might not be the best time. Nor would end of July in Phoenix.

If you guys want help putting this together, I'm glad to lend a hand. Or ear. :)

Kevan said:
I'll guess here, but with the parking lot rental and all the other fees REQUIRED to put on an event this size you're looking at probably a $15,000 to $20,000 one-day event.
That doesn't include any hotel rooms, any other meeting space, any events, or a single minute of track time.

The one thing you need any any location is "other stuff to do". While we all sit around and tell lies about our truck, not everyone that came with us will want to do that. You need other attractions.
St. Louis will be easier- bigass arch (which is very cool, BTW), Budweiser plant tours, riverboats...etc.

We tried the 'rotating' thing with the charity event I produce every year. Like others have said: no one likes 'chasing' it. The attendees and the sponsors know the location in advance and can plan for it. We shift the dates a little to get us on a weekend, but the spot remains the same.

Why?
It really made sense to fix the location- financially, logistically, and otherwise.

When it comes to date, consider all the other events happening within a month of yours. Too close and folks will be forces to pick one or the other.
Conversely, don't schedule it too far away from other events. Minneapolis in January might not be the best time. Nor would end of July in Phoenix.

If you guys want help putting this together, I'm glad to lend a hand. Or ear. :)
excellent post,just make sure the city has a ruth chris and i'm in

mosrt10 said:
:dito: Tim great idea. St louis is logistically perfect. Its eqadistant from most parts of the country, we have a great track here(gateway), Jmb's shop is here, pbj's shop is here. I could go on but I'd be bragging.:D

Dam I forgot we also have a Ruth Chris. :D

Well, I have to say that this is interesting.

We have a lot of members that want to attend, but the majority want it in their back yard so they do not have to travel.

Guess I need to think about this a bit.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Umm, I don' think that fits the bill.....:eek:

How 'bout St. Louis? :D

Saint Louis would work for me. Nothing like having an event smack dab in the middle of the country...that and having my tuner on site :)

I'd be willing to travel up to 12 hours from where I'm at. That would include Vegas (from Denver). Saint Louis is 10.5 hours from me.

Help

I've been involved in setting up a couple of events for PT Cruisers, believe me, there are a bunch of them and some events have had over 500 PT's at them.

The vegas thing would work, they will provide you with discounts on rooms, conference rooms, entertainment, etc. You can get a block of rooms say 25-50 reserved at a discount. They wil usually throw in some freebees too. We had one set up fpr Primm (40 miles from Vegas), they did not charge for renting the parking space, provided a lot of free things. They said, why would we charge, we're making money from you just being here. But you will insurance, Hagarty Insurance provides policies at a very reasonable price, ours was $200.00 a year for a club, it was a million dollar coverage and covered all our events.

If you hit up some dearlers, they will usually toss in money for awards, cleaning upply manufacturers will throw in cleaning stuff to put in goodie bags, banks will throw in pens, all kinds of stuff.

You can get with various vendors to provide things for raffle prizes, man there's a lot of companies that will jump on something like this in a heartbeat.

Depending on when you plan it, I'll be there, if I can't make it, I'll be more than happy to help get things going for it.

Last edited:
Kevan said:

Why?

settled then...kevan's house..you can give tours of your pad to those of us that get bored.:rock:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back