How about a National SRT/10 Gathering

Would you like to attend a SRT/10 only National Meet?

• Yes

Votes: 93 98.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Begood said:
As long as there is plenty of Beer, you can count me in.

Bill.

That is what the f**k I am talking about!!!!

I knew I liked you Bill! I can't wait to shake your . .. . . . . .

Hand!!! :D

Back on track here.

John, I am seeing a trend. Folks do wanna attend a GTG, but like you said most want it in their back yard. I personally don't care where its at. I'm with Mikey, I'd travel anywhere to hang out with you maroonies. :D

I still stand by my original statement of a central location, same time each year. If people can make it, great. If not, hope to see you next year. Not trying to sound like a big swinging d!ck about it. As other's have mentioned folks wouldn't want to "chase" the GTG. Bike Week doesn't rotate, Sturgis doesn't. The Indy 500 doesn't rotate. If you wanna attend any of these events, you f**king go to where its at!! :)

My .02

I dont think its realistic to pull off 3 regional GTG's, so would vote for 2...... East coast and West coast.

Pick each coast coordinator and delagates.

Vote on locations

Keep them at the chosen location every year.

Roz-SRT said:
Back on track here.

John, I am seeing a trend. Folks do wanna attend a GTG, but like you said most want it in their back yard. I personally don't care where its at. I'm with Mikey, I'd travel anywhere to hang out with you maroonies. :D

I still stand by my original statement of a central location, same time each year. If people can make it, great. If not, hope to see you next year. Not trying to sound like a big swinging d!ck about it. As other's have mentioned folks wouldn't want to "chase" the GTG. Bike Week doesn't rotate, Sturgis doesn't. The Indy 500 doesn't rotate. If you wanna attend any of these events, you f**king go to where its at!! :)
RIGHT ON!

That does it.........

This is what I'm going to do.

The last sunday of June every year is the GTG for ootah. You want to attend great. If not, great. Drive, don't drive. I could give a crap

It will take me about 10 minutes to get to the GTG, I might even be able to afford the gas. Lodging, I think I'll rough it and use the rest stop 5 minutes from my house. Thats about half way. I can rest up both there and back and still get er done.

All SRT's welcome

But you'll have to share the fun with some history.

So there's my GTG

Same time every year.

Same place every year

Sorry Silverback, but it will still be a good 1800 miles round trip and 24 hrs of driving.

Sorry, just thinking of others

But my date is set

Done

and ready to Rock-n-Roll

So make your plans fast....

It's this Sunday ;)

Nothing like a well laid out plan... ;)

Silver, lets start to see if we can narrow this down a bit more...

I am now leaning torwards what Roz said.. Once place... Same time of year, same place. If you feel like driving, do it.. If not, flying.. Whichever way works for you. I know this eliminates almost everyone except me, nycstev and a few other locals from ever seeing Joemags truck in person, but thats they way the cookie crumbles. Some years later we will all be ablke to see it in the Smithsonian with a wax replica of Joe changing the oil. ;)

Seriously.... Like the Nats, this is the way it should be.. one place...

I think we have already agreed that there is enough interest here for an event. Now we should start to take the next step in agreeing on a place. The mileage is not a factor anymore at that point. People will drive or they wont. If they want to come, they come by whatever means they want. It only fair to everyone. Some will have it better than others since they will be close to the location. If thats the way it works, then big deal.

I say next level is agreeing on a non-biased location

Kevan said:
Awesome Jeff!
Too bad you have to import beer into Utah. :)

And it sucks to boot..... 3.2%

So all you folk driving in from Kentucky and Tennessee. Remember to bring them plastic jugs :D

Well.. my vote was for 500-1000 miles... so that pretty much covers souther cali, nevada, utah, new mexico, tad bit of colorado, all of arizona.

I still like the vegas option however.... depending on how many of us.. most hotels would be glad to rope off parts of their parking lot for a car show.

azpyroguy said:
Well.. my vote was for 500-1000 miles... so that pretty much covers souther cali, nevada, utah, new mexico, tad bit of colorado, all of arizona.

I still like the vegas option however.... depending on how many of us.. most hotels would be glad to rope off parts of their parking lot for a car show.

See ya Sunday Then :D

I'm down for whatever.....when they install a bridge from Hawaii to the Mainland.:D:D:D

I think centrally located. Every year. With an organizing committee. And Beer is the way to go.

But who am I, just another post ho right. So I'm sure my opinion doesnt matter.

I know this much, it doesnt have to be ritzy....it just has to have a place to stay and plenty of beer and They will come...:D

I got your back Jeffy....and John....and everybody else that wants this to happen.:)

I would be in as I've been to several national GTG's with other car clubs. The spot that seems to be the most popular and I've been to 3 times is KC, MO, although I've been to vegas too. Being in Colorado, KC would be the furthest I would want to go. But count me in!

What about Nebraska? It's like centrally located in the US. There really ain't much there so space is not a problem? Sturgis ring a bell for anyone. I'm in for that. Vegas is too expensive and too hot, not that the sun is bad or anything like that. My truck payments are high as it is.

For those that want their trucks to be there, but don't feel like driving them: Reliable Auto Transport.

I think it's about $1,000 to ship a car one way from NY to LA. Round trip for half the distance should be about the same.

Begood said:
As long as there is plenty of Beer, you can count me in.

Bill.
Don't forget the peanuts and eyepatches Bill :D ;)

Here is a thought that people can toss around for a bit.

The Austin Mini Cooper group has a East/West meet every year, and about every 5 to 8 years they will organize a full national meet.

We could do the same, and start off with East/West meets, get things organized and maybe pickup additional members and such over a couple years and then 3 to 5 years down the line have a national event.

Toss it around here and lets see what people think.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back