How about a National SRT/10 Gathering

Would you like to attend a SRT/10 only National Meet?

• Yes

Votes: 93 98.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Silverback

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, a little over two years ago on the NFFF site we started to organize a National Meet. Well my good buddy, 1Fast400 derailed it and promised all kinds of things if we all met at the MOPAR Nationals. NO!, this is not a 1Fast bashing thread.

Anyway, it never came off, although a few people still expressed interest in a SRT/10 only meet.

So, a couple forum members have approached me (they can identify themselves if they so desire) and asked if I would once again see if this is something we could pull off.

Now before we get to far, I can tell you it's a shitload of work for the organizers. Also, if it's not somewhat structured, you have a bunch of people standing around looking at each other wondering what the hell are we doing here wasting our vacation time and money.

I have participated in some well organized events and it was great fun. I also was aware of an event that was not well organized and it was a bust.

Location. That's always a big thing for a national meet. It almost has to be East of the Rockies and West of the Missisippi (well however you spell the name of that big river) for it to work. Go to either side of those boundries and you will not get much participation from the other side of the country.

Events?

I'm just throwing out ideas.

DO NOT START SAYING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO UNLESS IT'S NOT ON THE LIST. IF WE GET ENOUGH INTEREST WE WILL START ANOTHER POLL TO DEFINE THE ACTIVITIES.

1. Show and Shine. Anyone here like to show off their truck?:dontknow: ;) :D

2. A short tour to a scenic location for photos. Okay, who doesn't like pictures?:confused: :)

3. Gymkhana? This one will probably confuse some. Ever drive with a bag over your head and have your passenger direct you where to go between cones. But wait, it can get better. It can include a "Hot Dog" bite, spark plug change and a dash to the finish and anything else the organizers can think of. Yep, was even at one where there was nudity.

4. Autocross. Don't think I need to explain that one.

5. Ralley. Gets you out of the bar and out to see the sites of the area. Seems like the ones I have always been to ended in a bar though.

6. Dyno Runs. This is where you drive your truck on to a............ Never mind. If I have to explain this one, your F'cking dead.

7. Drags. See number 6 above.

8. An awards dinner. You know, things like the award for the most modified/expensive 14 second truck and such.

Usually one night is free to explore or hang out with the group of people you really want to associate with. It's okay, I'm used to drinking in my room by myself. Honest.

Well that's just some ideas for everyone to think about.

Something like this takes planning. Those I have been involve with, the planning usually starts a year in advance. Like I said, it's a lot of work.

So let's start by seeing if people would even be interested, and we can go from there.

Just so everyone knows, my vote is yes.

YES!!!! :rock: :rock:

Silverback said:
3. Gymkhana? This one will probably confuse some. Ever drive with a bag over your head and have your passenger direct you where to go between cones. But wait, it can get better. It can include a "Hot Dog" bite, spark plug change and a dash to the finish and anything else the organizers can think of. Yep, was even at one where there was nudity.

I have a question.....How can I play the game called "Gymkhana" if i can't hear what a passenger are telling me to go?? :dontknow: Just kidding! I can just watching and have fun!

Last edited:
Hey Silver I'm all for it. :) :) I don't know how were going to do it. But I'd Love it for sure:rock: :rock:

GREAT :idea: ... location ? i have to fly :) ... can i participate on foot , my truck beeing in Belgium ? :dontknow: .. nono , i rent a F*rd :D :D :D

belgiumbarry said:
GREAT :idea: ... location ? i have to fly :) ... can i participate on foot , my truck beeing in Belgium ? :dontknow: .. nono , i rent a F*rd :D :D :D

I have attended gatherings where people did not have a vehicle for one reason or another. Quite often others would load their vehicles to their friends.

Or we had some that beat the shit out of their rental cars. Everyone still had a great time.

Nowwhat said:
VEGAS.....VEGAS.....VEGAS.....VEGAS.....VEGAS......VEGAS.....VEGAS.....:D
Umm, I don' think that fits the bill.....:eek:
Silverback said:
Location. That's always a big thing for a national meet. It almost has to be East of the Rockies and West of the Missisippi (well however you spell the name of that big river) for it to work. Go to either side of those boundries and you will not get much participation from the other side of the country.

How 'bout St. Louis? :D

Nowwhat said:
VEGAS.....VEGAS.....VEGAS.....VEGAS.....VEGAS......VEGAS.....VEGAS.....:D
:dito: :dito: :dito: :dito: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

For sure!

St. Louis would be very central so would Kansas City.

But this is way out there...how about Sturgus, South Dakota...for sure they enjoy having wild people visit...just a thought...what a great ride for everyone!

Oh....Barry, just fly to Chicago and ride with me!

How about the Indy track. I've not been there but brother-in-law did a Sunbeam gathering there and they did a few laps around the track and there might be a drag strip near by?

If its Vegas I would only be able to fly in, which I don't have a problem doing.

Bill.

How bout this West Coast Or East Coast:rock: Lets get a poll on that one and hope west because its the best:rock:

Silverback said:
Okay, a little over two years ago on the NFFF site we started to organize a National Meet. Well my good buddy, 1Fast400 derailed it and promised all kinds of things if we all met at the MOPAR Nationals. NO!, this is not a 1Fast bashing thread.

Anyway, it never came off, although a few people still expressed interest in a SRT/10 only meet.

So, a couple forum members have approached me (they can identify themselves if they so desire) and asked if I would once again see if this is something we could pull off.

Thanks for posting this John. :)

I was one of the parties expressing great interest in this. One of my reasons is because I used to attend a F-Body Gathering in Atlanta, GA. Its a nationwide event. The Marriot Hotel in Marietta, GA hosted the event. I think since they know they're gonna have so many rooms rented out that weekend they cut the attendee's a break. Plus, it prevents drinking and driving. The hotel lot is huge and can accomdate all the cars. GM even came out and brought pilot cars, sponsors came and set up booths. On top of all that, there was a judge car show, cruise, dinner, and a tuning facility near by hosted dyno sessions. Helluva weekend. I was thinking to myself at the FL GTG, how cool it would it would have been for EVERY member of forum to have been present. I'll hush and let you guys check out the link.

http://www.fbodygathering.com/

Silverback said:
Now before we get to far, I can tell you it's a shitload of work for the organizers. Also, if it's not somewhat structured, you have a bunch of people standing around looking at each other wondering what the hell are we doing here wasting our vacation time and money.

I have participated in some well organized events and it was great fun. I also was aware of an event that was not well organized and it was a bust.

If within the next few years we could get something like this going, by golly we'll be onto something. I agree with ya on having some structure. Thats what was so amazing about all the"Gatherings". There were tons to do, but if you chose to do so, you could hang out in the parking lot all day and drink beer til the cows come home. I'm sure the first few years will be kinda slow, and low attendance. I think if we can stick with it, this will be a great turnout in the years to come.

Silverback said:

Location. That IS the kicker. Most definately. It would most awesome if we could sort of duplicate what the f-body gathering has done. Marietta is great place. Just north of a big city (Atlanta), the hotel is RIGHT OFF I75, plus there are plenty of other things to do in the area. Restarunts etc. If we could locate a hotel that would host this event that'd be awesome. Again, there's location. I agree, somewhere in the central US.

Silverback said:
Events?

I'm just throwing out ideas.

DO NOT START SAYING WHAT YOU WANT TO DO UNLESS IT'S NOT ON THE LIST. IF WE GET ENOUGH INTEREST WE WILL START ANOTHER POLL TO DEFINE THE ACTIVITIES.

1. Show and Shine. Anyone here like to show off their truck?:dontknow: ;) :D

2. A short tour to a scenic location for photos. Okay, who doesn't like pictures?:confused: :)

4. Autocross. Don't think I need to explain that one.

5. Ralley. Gets you out of the bar and out to see the sites of the area. Seems like the ones I have always been to ended in a bar though.

6. Dyno Runs. This is where you drive your truck on to a............ Never mind. If I have to explain this one, your F'cking dead.

7. Drags. See number 6 above.

8. An awards dinner. You know, things like the award for the most modified/expensive 14 second truck and such.

Usually one night is free to explore or hang out with the group of people you really want to associate with. It's okay, I'm used to drinking in my room by myself. Honest.

Good start on an activities list!! Agreed, all that can be ironed out if a national GTG is agreed upon.

Silverback said:
Well that's just some ideas for everyone to think about.

Something like this takes planning. Those I have been involve with, the planning usually starts a year in advance. Like I said, it's a lot of work.

So let's start by seeing if people would even be interested, and we can go from there.

Just so everyone knows, my vote is yes.

My vote is yes as well. :rock:

Annu Kumar said:
How bout this West Coast Or East Coast:rock: Lets get a poll on that one and hope west because its the best:rock:
Assume it s going to be in the middle. Hey i would love to go back to Cal!
But thats too long of a hike .. Im good for a 1000 mile radius of NYC... not including Atlantic Ocean

Last edited:
I have a limit as to how far I would drive, although a caravan of cars to the midwest would be a blast :D

When abouts would this take place? Need to plan vacation accordingly. Atre we still having a West Coast GTG this year?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back