How Fast can a SRT-10 Truck Go?

if i remember correctly the Gale Banks truck was a Dakota

bigike said:
that was 5 months ago jack............................ anybody got any Geritol we need Geritol stat!

OK Buttmunch, He posted yesterday on Ram From Hells Dyno thread.:p :p :p

bigike said:
that was 5 months ago jack............................ anybody got any Geritol we need Geritol stat!

Nope, I'm still here and Geritol gives me the runs!! I still have the truck, it has been mothballed per say, but I still want to pursue the LSR for Stock Bigblock truck overall, as stated before, I have the record for the standing mile, now the next goal is to head to B-Ville's 3 mile course and try for the overall record of 163MPH. I'll try if at all possible, but it most likely will have to wait till later next year. The business is coming around with alot help from my son, (and the previous help from folks right here on this site), and I think mid next year we should get back to running strong again. Thanks for the inquires..

ZCx said:
if i remember correctly the Gale Banks truck was a Dakota

The old record for a modified truck was held by Gales Banks in a Dakato, but the new record is held by Wayne Jesel in a Ram with the SRT bodywork running a twin turbo NASCAR Dodge motor putting out over 1500RWHP. That new speed is over 250mph in bonneville on the 5 mile course

BIG NANA said:
The old record for a modified truck was held by Gales Banks in a Dakota, but the new record is held by Wayne Jesel in a Ram with the SRT bodywork running a twin turbo NASCAR Dodge motor putting out over 1500RWHP. That new speed is over 250mph in bonneville on the 5 mile course

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

sounds like a nice truck.
163+ i think is very doable:rock:

5 mile course would be a hardon & a half. petal to the metal & go:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

163 should be a breeze i've had my speed-o to 160 on the highway i'm sure it's a little off that that speed but what maybe 5mph??

kinda what i was thinkin i have seen my 04 now at 154 according to gps and i just ran out of road........

Well, I miss spoke. Bonneville and El Mirage have finally updated their records and according to them, the speed for a big block Production Pickup is at 182.7 MPH. At El Mirage, that was in 1.3 miles, at Bonneville, thats in a 3 mile course. You also need to know, that ain't on a smooth asphalt track, thats on dried up hard mud and dirt in El Mirage, and on hard, bumpy dried salt in Bonneville. Its going to take BIG dollars and balls to break that speed. I'm not sure how the hell a "STOCK" PU went that speed.

watch it be a s-10 with a "stock" LS7.... You guys havent heard of the ZO6 S-10???? LOL ... j/k

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
what kind of truck was it

Well, to truely be within the rules, it has to be a truck that was produced with a motor over 383 C.I. from a legit manufacture ie: Chevy, Ford, Dodge or GMC. I guess the 454 from Chevy, the Ford.... I don't know and the Dodge, The SRT and maybe some older model trucks. The motor has to be basically stock, it can be rebuilt and balanced, it can be modified with exhaust, better intake system, but if it did not have Fuel injection, it can't have fuel injection and the "new" rules say no factory superchagers or Turbos are allowed in production class, but the rules prior to 2006 allowed factory installed superchargers and turbos to be used in production class, so that might be the thing. Who knows and it's the rules today that count.

I don't know how fast u can get it to go with a bunch of mods, but with my 04 that was dropped, had magnaflows, and a k&n CAI I passed a subaru STi like nothing and he was topped out ....electronically governed at 155. Don't know how fast I was going but I was in fifth gear with speedo buried. So with that said I'm pretty sure there is room to grow with more mods, all depends on how much money u want to spend.

At Bonneville the top speed is calculated over a mile and kilometer. It's not just getting up to XXX MPH, it's holding it there. And for a record, you need to do it all over again on a return run. That's a real long ass time @ WOT and anything that can go wrong can and will. Running up to 140/150/160 MPH on the "street" is nothing compared to Land Speed Racing.

Maxton's nice, runs 5 times a year. It's a standing mile so that's all you got to run up. Saw a street legal 'Busa run 256 MPH in May and a Ford GT grenade it's motor before it got into third gear last month. ECTA is a lot more friendly than SCTA, and as long as you comply with their licensing rules and have the right gear in place, you're gonna run. If you break out BAD you'll get tossed, a smart ass in a 300C SRT found that out after his 143 MPH (? I think...) run. He was sure happy with it though.

If you've never been to Bonneville, when you do you'll realize why people make the "pilgrimage" there each and every year. It's that cool...

after reading this post in it's entirety...i think i only have one question...or at least i don't think it's been answered...i drove my 05 to 164 in 5th, and the truck was still pulling at 198 in 6th (it was a 200mph dyno) ALL THIS ON THE DYNO...my question(s) is, does that prove anything?...meaning, i know those speeds were achieved with NO air dissipation, but if those numbers are used as some sort of benchmark, is there a formula to figure out....with no air the motor is at least capable of speed X, but with the cd that we have it will require X...make sense?...and the only mod i had was a magnaflow exhaust at the time

2009 Racing Schedule

El Mirage
May 16-17
June 14
July 12
Sep 13
Oct 25
Nov 14-15

Bonneville
Speed Week Aug 8-14
World Finals Oct 7-10

I beleive the truck that went 182mph is called a UTE i believe it is made by chevy and is available in austrailia but is more like an el camino so in my eyes we still have the fastes production truck:burnout: :burnout: :marchmellow:
Ill make the trek who wants to manage this get together, if you want to see a good movie about bonneville and (how crazy they really are down under) watch the fastest indian with anonthy hopkins great movie.;)

i believe the ute is built by holden cars of ....australia...same platforms that gm is "borrowing" for the g8, etc.....i think ponitac is about to have one available to the public soon??!!! it's a reborn el-kie..i'd drive it

viperhauler said:
i believe the ute is built by holden cars of ....australia...same platforms that gm is "borrowing" for the g8, etc.....i think ponitac is about to have one available to the public soon??!!! it's a reborn el-kie..i'd drive it
No I didn't say I wouldn't drive it but I cant see how they can even compare it to are trucks in the same catagorey there smaller and about 2k lighter than even a lightning. then give them a record for the full size:dontknow: Damn Aussies:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back