How Fast can a SRT-10 Truck Go?

BIG NANA said:
Also, for all you guys that keep saying I'm going to have to be making 1000's of HP to make this run, Here is the current record holders info, and they did it with less than 1000 HP.
http://www.jeselonline.com/index.php?categoryid=1&p2_articleid=61&
Holy plagarism, Batman! LOL. That's the exact same article as previously posted.

Yes, they did it with 930HP, but they only hit 224mph.
If you want 250mph, you'll need at least another 700HP.
The problem is: the harder you push against the air, the harder it pushes back. The faster you want to go, the HP increase is exponential.

"...retaining all the stock body panels... Yeah, except the front fascia. :)

Also note the tonneau cover. A necessity for those kinds of speeds.

I have a couple of ideas regarding aerodynamics and weight distribution for a 250mph run.

Dam boys, that might just be fun.

I may have to change the ring & pinion 2.76 in the silver truck and give one of those flying mile things a shot.

Betcha I can go a little faster than some.

I would need a full belly pan.

FSTJACK said:
Dam boys, that might just be fun.

I may have to change the ring & pinion 2.76 in the silver truck and give one of those flying mile things a shot.

Betcha I can go a little faster than some.

I would need a full belly pan.

1) by the time you get the silver truck done...gas motors will be illegal

2) I don't think they will let you run when you are over 80

3) Your wife will say NO

4) You have to clean the patio for the rose people that weekend

5) you are already tubbed & 4 linked

6):D :D :D

Well I think this idea is crazy in a wonderful way

ok...

1) Nana wants 225 not 250....misread that
2) Can air suspension handle 225...?....
3) will the stock front fascia hold if it is braced?
4) What will a '06 with cage+halon+braces+air susp.+ belly pan+ chute? weigh?
5) how long can you spray nos on a run...? how long did it take jesel to get up to speed?
6) who makes a driver seat with cut outs for the giant balls needed to drive a 225mph Dodge.?

Nowwhat said:
1) by the time you get the silver truck done...gas motors will be illegal

2) I don't think they will let you run when you are over 80

3) Your wife will say NO

4) You have to clean the patio for the rose people that weekend

5) you are already tubbed & 4 linked

6):D :D :D

1) WRONG.

2) Sooner than you think.

3) I am moving out with my 23 year old girl friend and she has a 12 car garage. :p

4) See #3 :D :D :D

5) Lets no talk about my weight. :eek: 4 Links work well for all types of racing.......

6) Yes Sir. :dancing:

Nowwhat said:
1) Nana wants 225 not 250....misread that
And with S/C and NOS, he won't break 200.
Nowwhat said:
2) Can air suspension handle 225...?....
I'm not sure. That'd be something to look into.
Nowwhat said:
3) will the stock front fascia hold if it is braced?
Yeah. I'd do some trimming/slotting if it were my ride. Inlets baby!
Nowwhat said:
4) What will a '06 with cage+halon+braces+air susp.+ belly pan+ chute? weigh?
www.calculator.com :D
Nowwhat said:
5) how long can you spray nos on a run...? how long did it take jesel to get up to speed?
We're not gonna let the NOS thing die for this project, are we? NOS + 200ish MPH = BAD.

At Bonneville, there is a pre-run area before the 5-mile strip. You're allowed to push the vehicle up to a designated speed, but it must break away before the vehicles reach the 5 mile timing area.
Nowwhat said:
6) who makes a driver seat with cut outs for the giant balls needed to drive a 225mph Dodge.?
That's why the truck has a bed. :D

Glad to see so much discussion, but you guys who are stuck on the fact that I can not do it with SC and NOS need to read that Article about that "Worlds Fastest RAM". You will see they did it with a normally aspirated NASCAR Style motor and it went 224 with less than 1000 HP. It can be done. and Kevan, the 06 comes with a bed cover and wing already and the Airide has been proven on the full size Tractor trailer racers at speeds well over 200 mph.

BIG NANA said:
Glad to see so much discussion, but you guys who are stuck on the fact that I can not do it with SC and NOS need to read that Article about that "Worlds Fastest RAM". You will see they did it with a normally aspirated NASCAR Style motor and it went 224 with less than 1000 HP. It can be done. and Kevan, the 06 comes with a bed cover and wing already and the Airide has been proven on the full size Tractor trailer racers at speeds well over 200 mph.

I don't believe I have seen anyone mention this yet from the Jesel artical.

"Retaining all the stock body panels, the truck was fine tuned through hours of wind tunnel testing."

Just from looking at the pictures I'm going to guess they got that truck down to a CD in the .30 to .34 range. Needless to say, that truck, unlike Banks Dakota is not street legal.

Can a S/C do the job? Yes. Anyone remember the Goldenrod Streamliner? Can a Roe unit do it? On that one I'm not sure. I forget who Roe buys that unit from. I need to see if I kept the link to the manufactures site, as they had all the performance graphs on the unit.

Good luck on your journey, and above all else, stay safe.

If there is anything I can do to assist you in regard to research or such let me know. If I can get the time I will help out.

I just happened to think of something. Is NOS allowed at Bonneville?

Besides, how could I not like a guy named "Big Nana"?:confused: ;) :D

You know, as I read that last line, it just doesn't sound right, but I'm going to let it stand.:D

Heres something not sure if it 's relevant or not

150 MPH Club Rules
Revised 01/06

• All drivers must be members of USFRA, hold a valid state drivers license, and sign a loss damage waiver to participate.
• Successful completion of the technical inspection and payment of fees will allow as many timed passes on the course as the car/driver can make during the meet depending on the number of entrants.
• An acceptable speed indicator is required so the driver has an indication of the car's speed at any point on the course.
• An initial "licensing" pass at 125 mph will be required for all drivers to get the "feel" of the salt and to calibrate on board speed gauge equipment. i.e.; tachometer, speedometer, etc.
• Maximum speed will be 160 mph. Any vehicle exceeding 160 mph will be disqualified from making any more passes and will not receive a timing slip.
• Drivers will be required to participate in a driver orientation meeting with an experienced salt flats driver prior to racing.
• Wheel covers will be positively attached or removed.
• Only gasoline, diesel, ethanol, bio-diesel, electric, propane, or natural gas fuels may be used - NO Nitrous, Methanol or Nitro-fueled vehicles will be allowed.
• Motorcycles must meet all the existing safety requirements in the current SCTA Bonneville Rule Book
• The SCTA Bonneville Rule Book will be used as a guideline and reference for the purposes of safety requirements; i.e. Roll Bars.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
• A four- (4) point roll bar (or more) approved by a recognized Racing sanctioning organization must be installed in the vehicle; driver is responsible to provide objective evidence of approval. Integral Corvette-type roll bar is not acceptable.
• The seat assembly must be adequately braced to the rear by a portion of the roll bar assembly.
• The vehicle must have a 4 point or better seat belt restraint system properly installed (a 5 point harness is highly recommended). The restraint system must include Arm restraints or an approved window net.
• Drivers must wear an SFI approved fire suit rated 3.2A/1 or higher with an approved Neck Collar, Gloves and Shoes.
• The driver must wear a Snell 2000 or newer Snell approved, full-face helmet..
• Motorcycle riders must wear full leathers, either one piece or zip together waist, including leather boots and leather gloves.
• Tires must be W, Y, V or Z rated street tires or acceptable racing tires which are rated for speeds in excess of 150 mph. Tires must have metal valve caps (Metal valve stems are highly recommended). No tires wider than 10" will be allowed, unless the tires are OEM to the vehicle. (Narrow tires provide better stability on the Salt).
Because the sidewall marking systems vary greatly among tire manufacturers, it is the responsibility of the driver/owner to provide objective evidence of the speed rating of tires.
• Cars must have an adequate battery tie down installed.
• Dual throttle return springs are recommended. Proper operation of the throttle return mechanism will be checked during inspection.
• Driveshaft retention loops are required in the front 25% of each section of drive shaft on rear-wheel drive cars where adequate retention and control of a broken driveline is not assured by body/frame design.
• A minimum 5 lb. Coast Guard-approved fire extinguisher must be positively mounted in the vehicle in an approved quick release bracket
• A ground cover must be used under the car in the pit area. Waste fluids will not be "dumped", they must be taken off the salt for disposal. Pit areas and general Salt will be kept neat and clean at all times.

INSPEC'IION:
• Vehicles must be currently licensed and street legal in their respective state.
• Each car will require inspection by a minimum of 2 inspectors.
• Fees will NOT be charged for an inspection.
• Inspection will verify the acceptable condition of the engine, drive train, wheels, tires, fuel system, steering, braking, and safety systems to an approved checklist.
• Decisions of the inspectors are final in the areas of safety assessment and requirements.

COURSE:
• Course will be a 2 mile long course with a 1/4 mile precision speed trap at the end of the second mile. The vehicle must be slowed and turn off the course before the 3 mile marker.

QUALIFYING:
• Drivers will qualify for the 150 MPH Club by making two passes over 150 mph but less than 160 mph during the meet. To gain entrance into the 150 MPH Club, the vehicle must run the course twice in the same day at a speed no less than 130 mph the two runs are then averaged. A two run average over 150 MPH and under 160 MPH makes the driver a Member of the 150 MPH Club.

NOTE: *****The 150 MPH Club is not part of the SCTA Rule Book licensing process. You will not receive any competition license in this venue.*****

Back to USFRA home page

Silverback said:
I don't believe I have seen anyone mention this yet from the Jesel artical.

"Retaining all the stock body panels, the truck was fine tuned through hours of wind tunnel testing."

Just from looking at the pictures I'm going to guess they got that truck down to a CD in the .30 to .34 range. Needless to say, that truck, unlike Banks Dakota is not street legal.
I mentioned it a couple of posts back.
.30 would be a BIG step. I think .40 might be a bit more realistic for the Jesel truck.
I wonder if Wayne would give out the number they achieved. :)

Silverback said:
Can a S/C do the job? Yes. Anyone remember the Goldenrod Streamliner?
Sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldenrod_(land_speed_record_car)
It had FOUR engines, but it was not supercharged.
Silverback said:
Can a Roe unit do it? On that one I'm not sure. I forget who Roe buys that unit from. I need to see if I kept the link to the manufactures site, as they had all the performance graphs on the unit.
Lysholm.

Kevan said:
I mentioned it a couple of posts back.
.30 would be a BIG step. I think .40 might be a bit more realistic for the Jesel truck.
I wonder if Wayne would give out the number they achieved. :)

Sure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldenrod_(land_speed_record_car)
It had FOUR engines, but it was not supercharged.

Lysholm.

Damn Kevan, you got my number this time.:eek: :D :rock:

It would be nice if they did post their number on the truck. I just have the feeling that they picked up more than .05 improvement from stock. I still think it's probably .35 or lower, especially considering the speed they reached with the HP they have.

Now you got me wondering which car it was with the front mounted S/C's? Damn, can you believe that's the first time I have been wrong all year?:dontknow: ;) :D

Did you look at Lysholm site? Do you think it will be able to pump enough air for this attempt?

Hi- the Goldenrod was the Summers Bros Streamliner-4 injected Hemis.

The one you are looking for is the Spirit of 76-Al Teague's blown Chrysler.(he has a website)

Not Breedloves Spirit of America-a jet.

SLORam said:
Hi- the Goldenrod was the Summers Bros Streamliner-4 injected Hemis.

The one you are looking for is the Spirit of 76-Al Teague's blown Chrysler.(he has a website)

Not Breedloves Spirit of America-a jet.

Glad someone is looking out for me.;) :D :rock:

Silverback said:
Damn Kevan, you got my number this time.:eek: :D :rock:

It would be nice if they did post their number on the truck. I just have the feeling that they picked up more than .05 improvement from stock. I still think it's probably .35 or lower, especially considering the speed they reached with the HP they have.
From the looks of the SINGLE side-shot of the truck, it seems only the lower front fascia was changed. The rest of the Ram looks stock.
Obtaining a full Cd tenth (or more) with just an air dam re-design? Hmmm...maybe. Sure would be nice to see the front. :)

Silverback said:
Now you got me wondering which car it was with the front mounted S/C's? Damn, can you believe that's the first time I have been wrong all year?:dontknow: ;) :D
Ya know, they say that memory is the SECOND thing to go. LOL
Don't worry about being wrong. We'll keep it as our little secret. :)

Silverback said:
Did you look at Lysholm site? Do you think it will be able to pump enough air for this attempt?
I haven't checked out the Lysholm site or any specs on their superchargers.
I'm not sure how Al Teague and the blown LSR guys are doing it. Finding info on Al's setup (or anyone else's) is difficult. All I get is "blown 392".

A supercharger is only efficient up to a certain point. To change that point, you'd have to do some serious adjustments. You'd need to get into heavy CFD (Computational Flow Dynamics). I don't feel like going back to college right now. I worked on it a bit when I was designing a ram-air intake for the trucks. It's.....complex. LOL Some colleges offer Masters degrees just in CFD! It's pretty hardcore stuff.

Also of note: Al's engine is ALUMINUM. :)

For anyone considering joining this odd band of speed freaks, here's a great link with tons of history:
http://www.peterrenn.co.uk/l.s.r.html
Enjoy!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back