How many of you have a quality issue with your Magnaflow system?

Have you had problems with your Magnaflow system/muffler?

• No problems works/sounds great

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Hole or cracks/defects

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Sounds great but has issues

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Total POS and will never buy again

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

BlackMamba50

#10pistonkilla
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently my Magnaflow muffler developed a hole in the side. I have no supercharger, no turbo and no nitrous. I was curious how many other members have encountered a problem. Please post story and pics.
94ed599d.jpg

I had a small crack in the side of the muffler about a years ago. Muffler shop welded it shut in less than a minute and no problems since. A lot here have had problems. Seems most of the problems come from systems purchased in the last 3 yrs.........

...My brother had a Magnaflow system installed on his 2006 Charger RT back in Oct 2005. Has a 110,000+ miles now with no issues...still sounds like it did new..

purchased mine way back in 05'...it has developed a buzz/rattle at certain rpms'.i'm gussing it is a loose baffle. but love the sound.

No issues at all had the tailpipe modded to fit was the only issue. Sounds good actuall very quiet compared to the othe people around here with the same setup. Mines been on the truck for 2 years.

BlackMamba50 said:
Recently my Magnaflow muffler developed a hole in the side. I have no supercharger, no turbo and no nitrous. I was curious how many other members have encountered a problem. Please post story and pics.
94ed599d.jpg
What are all thos tiny metal shavings around the whole?

I can only vote for one?

DSC00644.jpg

Then the other side that was fixed
DSC00645.jpg

SANCHOBA said:
purchased mine way back in 05'...it has developed a buzz/rattle at certain rpms'.i'm gussing it is a loose baffle. but love the sound.

Mine did this not to long ago, but mine kept getting worse the rattle that is.
Two flow masters on it now.

No metal shavings, speed tape residue. I had put speed tape on the hole so I could drive home. I have a permatex patch on it right now with speed tape. I will get it welded later on.

SANTEEN said:
What are all thos tiny metal shavings around the whole?

Last edited:
I just had the one on my quad cab replaced today, under warranty I know the owner of the muffler shop so i was there for 3hrs but it only took 20min to swap out the muffler :cheers:

The muffler was in the truck for 3yrs 40000km and went through hell when the truck was supercharged 1.5yrs ago. It's alot quieter so now I won't here my neighbours complain in the winter when i start the truck at 7am.

entire weld split along the side with 2 huge holes... one on each side. Got rid of it completely and went Flowmaster 44. Now not happy with the fart can noise at cold temps in the morning around 2800 rpms. It does sound good at idle and after it warms up...and supposedly the exhaust was only 2 yrs old

I think there was a certian time frame where they had quality issues... some people got screwed. Haven't had any issues with mine.

Well I talked with Magnaflow rep this morning about getting my system changed out under warranty. Guy was professional and concerned and made it sound like it would not be an issue to get it covered under warranty. Fast Fwd to this afteroon and it's a diff story. I can not send in my system and pay for another system while someone decides if they are gonna warranty my system. The pics speak for them selves. Magnaflow has a good chance to step up and make things right. My truck is a daily driver. I can't drive my truck without an exhaust system. NO TRUCK=NO WORK! So I will say when my Magnaflow system worked, the sound was second to none. I'll keep everyone posted.

I had the same problem as I posted from my thread bro. I loved the sound as well but for some reason the muffler has a design flaw.

I went with the B&B system and could not be happier. Lifetime warranty and all stainless. Costly but you never have to deal with it again.

Yup Billy Boat sounds great, but Im gonna give the Magnaflow staff the chance to step up and make this right.

TREKER said:
I had the same problem as I posted from my thread bro. I loved the sound as well but for some reason the muffler has a design flaw.

I went with the B&B system and could not be happier. Lifetime warranty and all stainless. Costly but you never have to deal with it again.

BlackMamba50 said:
Yup Billy Boat sounds great, but Im gonna give the Magnaflow staff the chance to step up and make this right.

I bought my magnaflow cb off ebay years ago. First mod I did. I contacted Magnaflow, same as you did. They were very friendly on the phone and asked that I send them additional information. They said they had no record of any problems ever with the system.

Told them to join up here and start a thread to stand behind their products. They said they would and to also forward any info to them about the issues. I emailed them twice with the link. The went silent after that and never addressed or responded to any inquiry.

Hopefully you will have more luck than I did. To me, it wasn't worth the fight because I didn't have any documentation or proof of purchase anymore.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back