How many of you still have the STOCK Shifter?

HOT RAM said:
More info and pics PLEASE :D
It's really not worth the trouble. It helps for everyday driving but I got on it this evening trying to show my nephew what it would do and I was missing third. So it's not a "cure all". If you get aggressive at all with the stock shifter, third can be a problem. I missed fourth once too. Ugh!:mad: I've read that some are removing the isolator all together and just bolting it directly.

Here are the pics anyhow.
Spacer1.JPG Spacer2.JPG Isolator.JPG Shifter.JPG Shifter2.JPG

Last edited:
I have boomers gen 1 shifter I think. I have not missed third since. Not even once. I used to miss third all the time with the stock shifter.

SilvrSRT10 said:
I'm still running the stock shifter but with some minor modification. I tightened up the rubber isolator by making some spacers (1/8th inch). It removed most of the sloppiness and helped hit third more consistently. I may still someday go with an aftermarket. Changing the fluid helps too.
Ditto, but I added 1/16" spacers to the outside of the rubber u-shaped insert between it and the shifter link...making it 'grab' the shift lever much tighter.

I still have the stock 6-speed MANUAL.
I only miss 3rd when it's really important not to miss 3rd.
:D

I'm thinking about whoring my truck and putting the stock shifter away for awhile :D

i still got mine and on my last runs , hit 3rd every time , but that was yesterday, no telling what the next time will bring:rock:

I still have the stock shifter in mine. I did modify it to eliminate the rubber isolator which helped out a bunch.

The only reason I have not gone to Boomers shifter is because I like the looks of the stock shifter. If Boomer ever comes out with a kit that replaces the lower portion of the shifter and allows you to use the stock arm I will be all over it like a bunch of bananas.

mauiSRT/10 said:
x metal gen 1 here. Stocker just would not downshift properly. Missed third too many times under WOT. Boomers has taken care of those issues. I can confidently downshift from 6th through all the gears and really know which gear I am gonna hit.

patrick

:dito: :dito:

I still have the stock shifter, allready at 288 miles...:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back