How Many Pulls?

RAM82A1 said:
Well, the results are in and they're not very good. 412 RWHP and 438 RWTQ (SAE). The pulls were done in 4th gear and I only did 3 pulls. I will change the PCM and thermostat and give it another go in a week or so. Any ideas on why so low:dontknow:

Also, they would not connect to a spark plug lead to monitor rpm, but found a coil wire under the intake. They used it instead. How did they monitor rpm for some of you guys?

Bone - they do group discounts of 10 or more. The pulls have to be set up on the weekend. For 10 or more people, it's $35 for 3 pulls.
I bet you see quite a bit of improvement. Unfortunately, we can't see you A/F ratio, but I bet it was plenty rich, so your PCM should be a good test of what it can do for you.

35 bucks, heck I'll spend more in gas getting there.

Did you say what kind of dyno it is? Dynojet?

Like they said, every dyno is different and no two days are alike. Everyone on the forum will tell you that. But go to the track and you can get within .2 secs of your 1/4 time everytime (unless you are at the Mopar Nats in a RC), go figure.

FYI, I've got an "IN" at Knowledge Performance in Kennesaw, I can check on club rates there for a discount as well. I trust these guys, they tuned my SRT-4 to over 400 whp.

Dynolab in Marietta is 35 for 3 pulls if you have more than 3 people also, just have to call ahead of time..

I've heard the guys at Batlground are horrid as far as tuning... Hearsay only.

BriteCrawler said:
FYI, I've got an "IN" at Knowledge Performance in Kennesaw, I can check on club rates there for a discount as well. I trust these guys, they tuned my SRT-4 to over 400 whp.

Dynolab in Marietta is 35 for 3 pulls if you have more than 3 people also, just have to call ahead of time..

I've heard the guys at Batlground are horrid as far as tuning... Hearsay only.
Well, I wasn't really thrilled with the place myself. It was hard to get in and out of the bay with the dyno - lots of clutter in the shop and in the parking lot. Place was just a mess. I may try them again to keep consistency in the pulls, but then again maybe not. I'll have to check the one in Kennesaw. That's really close to me.

On another note, just installed the Stage II and thermostat. All I can say is :rock: :rock: :rock: The truck is much more responsive. There's no preignition at all and the truck accelerated smoother. This is how it should have come from the factory. I nailed first from about 20 mph and scared myself :D Time for another dyno run.

I got the best track times after resetting the ECU. seems when it "learns" it actually pulls a little timing unless you're running some serous 100 octaine or something like that.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back