How much $$ to get 700 RWHP?

Reaction score
From what I have read, it seems that people here seem to like the Paxton better than the Roe for top end power and the Procharger setup better than the Paxton.

What do people spend on a RAM SRT Truck to get around the 700 RWHP mark through a manual transmission, with these same mods, how much less to the wheels with the automatic?

Could somebody list all of the supporting modifications needed to get to this power level and corresponding prices for the mod?

Thanks in advance!

Build yourself a $30,000 retainer ! That will get you started

if you dont care if it last about 2 grand and a big ass nitrous kit will get you there for a couple of runs...maybe...lol

Deep pockets are required, as Slitherbeast said $30,000 is a good starting point.

700 hp would be a procharger or turbos. Kits start at $10,000. To have it last will take a complete rebuild with all forged parts and that does get costly! These engines are not cheap to build!

I can get ya into 570 rwhp NA for a reasonable price ... say 4k give or take... forge the pistons rods another 4k on the cheep and a no2 kit on top for 1200 and your at your 700 plus rear wheel...

JMB can get you there for around the 10k mark (S/C). Ronnie can get you there N/A for not too much more than that. Either of these options are backed by quality people that understand the 10's.

SRT10VENOMOUS stuff will get you well above 650 crank horsepower for $4k. The stuff he has is quality too.

To give you an idea I'm in 14k deep for the mods listed on my signature and I'm running around 470 whp. It's not cheap to hit the 700hp range!

I'm right around $30k deep in my engine/tranny and not quit 700rwhp. I will be into the 7's soon!!

Is there any difference between the SRT truck motor and the one in the SRT-10 Viper besides the tune and maybe camshaft and factory rev limit?

From what I understand, the manual SRT Truck trans does have a stronger cluster gear set, is this correct?

How much power have people been able to push through the stock motor reliably with the Paxton or Procharger for a decent amount of miles and driving it like they stole it?

Is there any difference between the SRT truck motor and the one in the SRT-10 Viper besides the tune and maybe camshaft and factory rev limit?

There is no difference. Same cam, rev limiter, etc.

To give you an idea I'm in 14k deep for the mods listed on my signature and I'm running around 470 whp. It's not cheap to hit the 700hp range!

$14k? Is that including labor? Is that in just the engine or are you including cosmetic/suspension mods?

$14k? Is that including labor? Is that in just the engine or are you including cosmetic/suspension mods?

I assume he is including labor and the other mods you mention. Ironhead's trucks are usually close to 700 crank horsepower and I doubt he has anywhere near that in his. But, he also does a lot of his own work.

That's with labor on performance mods and engine work, that's not including the chrome wheels/tires, pioneer unit/ system, viper alarm, tint, and custom floor mats.

Last edited:
Does anybody make a twin turbo setup for the SRT truck?

Does anybody make a twin turbo setup for the SRT truck?

Stay away from STS twin turbo systems. There are a couple of guys working on TT systems, but you can expect to spend some big $$.

Stay away from STS twin turbo systems. There are a couple of guys working on TT systems, but you can expect to spend some big $$.

What shops are working on them and what is considered big $$?

Will these be suitable for a stock motor?

What kind of power will the systems be capable of making on a stock and also on a built motor?

What shops are working on them and what is considered big $$?

Will these be suitable for a stock motor?

What kind of power will the systems be capable of making on a stock and also on a built motor?

What year is your truck?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back