How Rare are the Ram SRT 10 trucks

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
FSTJACK and I have spoken about this before, and I think it would be a very interesting investigation.

And I actually talked with this with a customer jsut now.

but being as there were less than 10,000 of these trucks made correct?

and with all the ones that have been totalled, some I bet we will never know of, but how many are left?

but you think about it, I would almost suppose that it may be the lowest production specialty modern day vehicle made in the shortest production run;)

srt 10 jimbo said:
You would think the prices would be higher.

:dontknow: You would think the insurance coverage would be higher too.. :proud:But it isn't and I'm damn glad.

I think the reason that the price is low is because so many people purchased them that really could not afford them.

It's like anything else, if a person doesn't need to sell, they are not going to accept a lowball offer(in most cases).

It is my observation that many of these trucks are being sold out of desperation by people that grossly over budgeted for a vehicle.

I have seen this happen many times, usually it's a Corvette or Beemer.

srt 10 jimbo said:
You would think the prices would be higher.
agreed....... i think @ some point reality will catch up with it...... most of it has to do with how few really are aware that these trucks even exist.... i get all the time "how much did it cost ya to put that viper motor in there?"...... the other side is those who think these "v-10" engines are the same ones that went into the early '90's rams......:(

moparracing said:
agreed....... i think @ some point reality will catch up with it...... most of it has to do with how few really are aware that these trucks even exist.... i get all the time "how much did it cost ya to put that viper motor in there?"...... the other side is those who think these "v-10" engines are the same ones that went into the early '90's rams......:(

True...how many times have you heard "that thing got a Hemi?"...:argh:

supercar1of1 said:

I think the reason that the price is low is because so many people purchased them that really could not afford them.

It's like anything else, if a person doesn't need to sell, they are not going to accept a lowball offer(in most cases).

It is my observation that many of these trucks are being sold out of desperation by people that grossly over budgeted for a vehicle.

I have seen this happen many times, usually it's a Corvette or Beemer.

I actually think this is holding prices up, so many trucks that I have seen the numbers on are so underwater that the owners cannot take open market pricing.

Alternately the two prowlers I have had have had prices held up by the income of the owners and there need not to sell right now. So honestly I have no idea how the market works.

But there is a really nice 04 on eBay in LA at 28K and I want it but having seen two or three now sell at no reserve in the 15-17K range I am wary.

my first '05 is M.I.A. :( :mad: :( :mad:

moparracing said:
the other side is those who think these "v-10" engines are the same ones that went into the early '90's rams......:(

YES YES... I posted up a few months ago about how a guy approached me at a gas station and swore up and down that he test drove a brand new '96 RAM Viper back in the day. I tried to explain to him that he was absolutelyyyy not knowing wtf he was talking about. He drove one of those blue/white stripped V10 models they were selling in '96. With a confident smile he insisted it was a Viper truck. I slowly backed away from him and got into #1900 after looking him over to see if he had stitches in his head.

I have seen about 35 in town here!

Venom Power said:
:dontknow: You would think the insurance coverage would be higher too.. :proud:But it isn't and I'm damn glad.

I second that. When I got insurance (I know the lady), I was like... you sure??

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back