how to gain 75 rwhp

snake2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,

I have kicked around different mods...... I am wondering what will it take to get 75 more rwhp..... the truck is a 04 reg cab I only have a drop in k&n filter..... I would also want to know if changing the rear end gears from 4:11 to 4:88 will make the truck quicker? and if so how much quicker?

thanks in advance for your input

Julian :hmmmm2:

I would advise you to go catless and free up another 20hp...Then get the flash for another 15 or so:dontknow: As far the 4.88s, It only makes sense that should get quicker. have fun

their you go. A great chance to see all the different mods in action. Read up on the thread about the july 1st track day, see you there

snake2144 said:
hey everyone,

I have kicked around different mods...... I am wondering what will it take to get 75 more rwhp..... the truck is a 04 reg cab I only have a drop in k&n filter..... I would also want to know if changing the rear end gears from 4:11 to 4:88 will make the truck quicker? and if so how much quicker?

thanks in advance for your input

Julian :hmmmm2:

nowwhat won't admit it, but put on headers........:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Two questions...just wondering...

How do you folks in California deal with the "going catless" issue?

Second question...he is asking about a RC, how does flashing the pcm increase his hp, and by how much, anyone done dyno tests to verify?

Just wondering...

My suggestion: for 75 rwhp, go catless, add MOPAR long tube headers and a Magnaflow. That will get you about 35-40...lie about the rest.

Or...put a 125 shot on it as it is!

Ask Patrick or Marc T about the 4.88's.

Last edited:
4.88s will leave you with NO tire options for the track other than shaving calipers and a big tall slick. I have 4.56s and the tallest drag radial available 17" X 390 M&H, and I am on the limiter in 4th gear at the traps.:dontknow:

nowwhat pushes 3rd gear to 125+! talk about revvvvvv!!! Mines in 4th for a couple seconds at only 114+

these are QC's though. you don't want shorter gears if you are 1/4 mile racing. they are better for road racing.

75 for the track or the street...?...

what is your FINAL rwhp goal with the truck...?

if it is 99% street and another 75 rwhp is wehre you are going to end...
then the 4.88s are a killer idea...

75 hp is just getting started. you can barely feel 75 hp in a 500 hp truck! let the modding begin!!!!!!!!!

If I had a RC I wouldn't get a Stage II flash, I would get a Mopar performance PCM. I say that because the gains on the RC with a Stage II don't seem to justify the price.

PaddyOBrian said:
If I had a RC I wouldn't get a Stage II flash, I would get a Mopar performance PCM. I say that because the gains on the RC with a Stage II don't seem to justify the price.
I am very happy with my stage II on my R/C :D :D :D I would do it again in hart beat

06__QUAD__SRT10 said:
I am very happy with my stage II on my R/C :D :D :D I would do it again in hart beat

I've just heard too many mixed reviews as to where most people that have a flash in their QC LOVE it.

For 100 K I'd rather Put 50,000 down on a Gallardo and Make payments and bank the other 50 k:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back