how to gain 75 rwhp

Yeah I know that. But my QC put down 417 in 100 degree weather. Ive seen some RC's put that down.

Oh I got ya. Yeah dynos vary so much that unless you test all trucks on the same dyno its hard to get comparable readings. Surely there was 30-40 HP difference and considerable torque freed up with our swaps.

I would also want to know if changing the rear end gears from 4:11 to 4:88 will make the truck quicker?
No because you will spin more. You said nothing about suspension and traction mods on a prepped track in order to put the truck's power to the ground. You seem to be worried about making it hit some magical 75rwhp gain on a dyno(which is for tuning purposes only) and totally ignoring getting that power to the ground.

Not to talk trash but i dont see how adding gears and more hp like in your OP will help you be that much quicker on the street during normal red light to red light burst or even low mph interstate runs.

As for nitrous. I feel it's best for you to forget about that. With ignorance, a blown viper engine is very expensive to get back on the road. Like some said, if you want easy power, get a paxton. Not cheap but it runs. Here's a quad cab 10 trapping near 120 in the 1/4 with a paxton. It's not cheap to build his set up but it makes a little over 700whp. And you dont have to worry about something going wrong and trashing some $10,000 striker heads.

edit* depending on how far you want to take this truck. It may be best to have a daily driver if you dont already have one. It really puts you in a bind if your truck is down and that's the only means for you to get to and from work. I been there. It's terrible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back