I don't like Ike

May you be spared any destruction.............

May His protection be upon you....

D

you got a rain coat, because my dad is in Frostproff FLA and said it is horrible

Ike has terrible potential...I will watch this one closely.

Daughter in West Palm...hoping they will just fly up here.

It's going to screw my plans next week if it does not make a turn. We are on the West Coast/ Tampa Florida... so the offer still stands if anyone needs to evacuate. We have 2 spare bedrooms...and a safe place to put one 10 indoors.

Marc I hope you are right...

But just in case, Ron please put in as many good words with your namesake as possible...I just invited my daughter here for a week vacation, and let our property manager in Marathon know that we need to fill the boat with water.

Last edited:
Looks like a bad one for sure. I just hope it stays away from Florida... most of my family is down there in Palm Beach. I haven't seen the news, where are they saying it's gonna hit??

Edit: just saw the news... not looking good

Last edited:
Ike is already a CAT 3 hurricane, nothing to mess with. His projected path right now takes him across the Ft. Lauderdale area and over by St. Pete. Kenny, your place might not be the safest as it will be on the dirty side of the storm. Hell, my place is going to probably take a beating. We really have to watch this one closely!

The timeline of this storm REALLY sucks! I won't even mention it here!

Updated picture:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5day?large#contents

http://www.goes.noaa.gov/HURRLOOPS/huirloop.html

Prof said:
Marc I hope you are right...

But just in case, Ron please put in as many good words with your namesake as possible...I just invited my daughter here for a week vacation, and let our property manager in Marathon know that we need to fill the boat with water.

I use this website religously and have found it to be very accurate. You do have to monitor it because it will update with changes.

My money is on Ike being a Stropical storm or less when it reaches the straits.

looks like we might have a hurricane party next week in pcb,fl

According to Marc's model, :eek:look at Hanna go!! It runs all the way back to Europe..

Then Ike, and Josephine soon after.. Anyway, I wish the weather in Florida next week would be like Houston is now. Not a cloud in the sky. This really sucks... During a hurricane I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a beach..

Marc T said:
I use this website religously and have found it to be very accurate. You do have to monitor it because it will update with changes.

My money is on Ike being a Stropical storm or less when it reaches the straits.

Lets hope so...I want to go to the GTG...will know more bySunday.

This has become one busy season - damn! I hope that it's nice weather for the Panama GTG for all the girls and boys attending, but more importantly I hope it's beautiful blue skies the weekend after for my wedding!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back