I don't like Ike

Latest from NOAA...

:mad:

IKE-1.gif

amtrucker22 said:
Latest from NOAA...

:mad:

IKE-1.gif

No body knows for sure where its heading yet!!
I,ll be putting my shutters up this weekend just in case!!
The Carolina,s are looking to have some excitement as well with Hanna.Chad (Riceater) is probably out surfing right now????

I'll probably wait until sunday to see what happens. Looks like it might go south.

The center of the cone is directly over my house in Marathon on that prediction...ouch!

Looks like we'll be getting the dirty side of the storm. The shit sucks. I already started putting up my shutters and preparations for this sum bitch. Doesn't look good. :(

If that bastard goes out into the Gulf of Mexico, the panhandle will get hammered! But I don't wish that thing on no one. So if it comes here, we will just dig in and get to work.

Just leave now and come to Ohio...

Best reason ever for a Midwest GTG! ;) Hurricane free, guaranteed. (Of course, everything else pretty much sucks around here).

Good luck down there and I hope Ike fizzles.

first vaction i have had in over two damn years and this crappola happens ,,,,im still packed ready to go to P.C. ,,but i dont want to drive there just for a big storm party :mad:

EMT/SRT said:
If that bastard goes out into the Gulf of Mexico, the panhandle will get hammered! But I don't wish that thing on no one. So if it comes here, we will just dig in and get to work.

If this passes into the Gulf we could be in real trouble. If it hits here in the Tampa Bay area...and remains a Cat 3 or bigger....it would make this place a parking lot.:( Higest elevation here is around 95 feet... The worst case scenario for Pinellas County is a Category 5 Hurricane heading northeast at less than 15 miles per hour that makes landfall at high tide near New Port Richey. A 24 foot storm surge would inundate almost half of the County while the winds would destroy hundreds if not thousands of homes and cause damage to thousands more.

NBT said:
If this passes into the Gulf we could be in real trouble. If it hits here in the Tampa Bay area...and remains a Cat 3 or bigger....it would make this place a parking lot.:( Higest elevation here is around 95 feet... The worst case scenario for Pinellas County is a Category 5 Hurricane heading northeast at less than 15 miles per hour that makes landfall at high tide near New Port Richey. A 24 foot storm surge would inundate almost half of the County while the winds would destroy hundreds if not thousands of homes and cause damage to thousands more.

I know I started this thread, but, my first intuition was correct from a day or so ago. But, I couldn't get over the NHC forcast...it got me shook up! Not that I am a meteorologist, but I saw it going thru the Fla straits and out into the Gulf. But, I didn't think it would dip down to Cuba!:confused: If 25-35 knots of wind shear don't seem to hamper this thing, then not much will except a landfall/interaction.:dontknow: Prayers for all in his path...wherever it goes...

By the title I presumed this was a geriatric political flashback.....:argh: :dontknow:

Either that or some begrudged forum member with impeccable taste...:congrats:

D

New track this morning looks promising. it takes it further south into the Gulf. This track should take the storm far enough South that we won't be in the strong winds. Maybe a little rain, and a little storm surge, but shouldn't be major!

ntw0rk said:
New track this morning looks promising. it takes it further south into the Gulf. This track should take the storm far enough South that we won't be in the strong winds. Maybe a little rain, and a little storm surge, but shouldn't be major!
be fun to play in the waves. leaving the jet ski at home. be too rough to take it out anyway.

eddie102870 said:
be fun to play in the waves. leaving the jet ski at home. be too rough to take it out anyway.

Yeah, and they are NO fun in the rain! That shit stings at 50-60 MPH!

ntw0rk said:
for sure, the last time we were down there we had 4 to 6 foot waves and it was a chore to get the ski's off the beach. took 4 to 5 guys to get them un beached.

ntw0rk said:

I know what you mean! I've tried out running those summer t-storms in my 31' Formula! Those drop hurt any pretty much any speed over 30! :)

Lottotruck said:
I know what you mean! I've tried out running those summer t-storms in my 31' Formula! Those drop hurt any pretty much any speed over 30! :)

Yeup!

My old machine would do 70, last year I got caught trying to outrun a thunderstorm on the lake! The first of the rain came in huge drops, and I was doing about 62! I thought I was gonna lose an eye!

Back