I dropped out...off grid

How the heck do you think he has been posting and responding ? :dontknow:

as Bugs Bunny would say, "What an ignoranimus." :D

Guess the Moron has never heard of an Inverter Sheeeeeesh :marchmellow:

I am currently using my Generac generator 2 hours a day for internet and battery charges and power tool usage.

Hello again everyone. We are still here and busy as bees. We now have the wind generator up and running (NO humming noises) and have moved all the batteries outside to our newly made, insulated battery box. I just got the hole dug for the solar array mounting pole. I welded some old iron shackles to the pole to keep it secured in the cement. Put it up and got it leveled. The panels will go up very soon. The wife, (windwalker) has been very busy using her new Food Saver and getting our stores in order. We have tons of pictures we will post up when we get into town. I also got the screen door on the front porch so we can leave the door open at night for the awesome breezes....and to keep the dang the flies out. I found a nice arroyo that had some awesome flagstone, so we took the truck and harvested a bunch. I am making a nice flagstone patio/walkway. Always something to do here. We get up with the sunrise and get busy. We work till the sun goes down and sleep like babies. It's an awesome feeling looking out, and seeing what we've done everyday. We are eating great, feeling good and enjoying the solitude. Wish you were here.

Good to hear you guys are OK Fep.

BTW does Fepony mean big block Mustang??

I think it means Iron Horse (Fe being the symbol for iron,pony of course being a small horse) pretty sure he had a Harley Ford or a Harley
heck,I don't know,too many things on my mind right now :mad:

I think it means Iron Horse (Fe being the symbol for iron,pony of course being a small horse) pretty sure he had a Harley Ford or a Harley
heck,I don't know,too many things on my mind right now :mad:

As the Fonz would say....correctamundo. :D :rock:

How the heck do you think he has been posting and responding ? :dontknow:

as Bugs Bunny would say, "What an ignoranimus." :D

i dont know of any laptops that operate on less then 120W.
AKA its not been worked into his power budget. if he does not know what that is, he will soon enough. i picked up quite a bit of information from learning sail boating, solar is a big part of it. they plan things down to the clock radio, even before they buy the solar panels.
he could just keep using the genset to charge the bat's. he could even rig it to auto start if needed.

i dont know of any laptops that operate on less then 120W.
AKA its not been worked into his power budget. if he does not know what that is, he will soon enough. i picked up quite a bit of information from learning sail boating, solar is a big part of it. they plan things down to the clock radio, even before they buy the solar panels.
he could just keep using the genset to charge the bat's. he could even rig it to auto start if needed.

I am quite certain he knows more about it than you do.After all,it IS working,duh !

As I have said before,you probably mean well,but due to your lack of effective communication skills,you just come off as a know-it-all smart-ass. :(

:elefant::elefant::elefant:i dont know of any laptops that operate on less then 120W.:elefant::elefant::elefant:

those are 120 volt batteries the laptops run on?????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

kinda. what you really need to know is KWH.
so if his laptop sucked down 150 watts and he foolishly ran it 24 hours that would be 3.6KWH a 100watt panel produces 30-60 watts in full sunlight for about 4-6 hours a day.
or at best .36-.5KWH. he would need 10 of those just to power his laptop 24/7. noone in their right mind would run it 24/7 when you are living on solar. so every item he uses needs to be budgeted.

kinda. what you really need to know is KWH.
so if his laptop sucked down 150 watts and he foolishly ran it 24 hours that would be 3.6KWH a 100watt panel produces 30-60 watts in full sunlight for about 4-6 hours a day.
or at best .36-.5KWH. he would need 10 of those just to power his laptop 24/7. noone in their right mind would run it 24/7 when you are living on solar. so every item he uses needs to be budgeted.

i agree

but he is also using wind power:rock:

have read a couple of articles on hydrogen fuel cells for storage. sounds very promisin.:rock:

not sure if he knows of that set up

OK Fep, it has been over 2 weeks, time to check in again. We worry about you around here. Let us know the latest progress.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back