i lose about a quart of oil every 1500 miles.

Kinda what I'd like to know. Better Justin has answers :D
I would think that the vacuum from CAI tubing prior to intake would have much less vacuum than port under intake. Route both there but then you'll have twice the residue on TB blade and IAC as well as intake ports. :dontknow:

From first hand experience don't make the mistake of putting two of the wide open vent tubes in the valve covers. There is a reason that there is a smaller one and a bigger one... Truck ate about 2-3 qtrs of oil in a 2 hour highway cruise because it was sucking oil right out of the valve cover into the intake. I opened the throttle body blade and oil just dumbed out.

My 04 says 8.5 qrts and its right in the middle of the dip stick when I check it after an oil change. I always pre fill the filer too, less time the motor is without oil.

Another funny thing that changed through the years was the weight of the oil. 03-04 was 10-30 while 05-05 was 0-40. I run the thinner 0-40 right this second but now that I'm an Amsoil dealer I will be running 5-40 Full-SAPS come Fall.

Also be mindful if you are buying valve covers as they change as well. 03-04 has the vents towards the back while 05 and 06 had them in the front.

Mine always seems to take 9 quarts of oil. And that is with me filling the oil filter with lucas.

Damn there's 03's?? Lol. I'll be sure to keep that awesome info in mind in case I find one. What's the specs on 07's?? (Post 40)

Damn there's 03's?? Lol. I'll be sure to keep that awesome info in mind in case I find one. What's the specs on 07's?? (Post 40)

Considering the motor is the same as an 03 viper you can use the valve covers off of that, hence why I said 03....:thefinger:

The forum is just not as much fun with you working.

Just changed my oil today. I used 8qts of Rotella 5w-40 with 3/4's of a bottle of Lucas W/ K&N filter. Does the trick every time.
I will burn about a qt of oil about at oil change time. So a good 3k miles.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back