I need your guys' expert opinion

VEN-M-S-SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the jmb performance website the other day and i must say that i was blown away!! so much that im already removing my intake manifold and valve covers to have them sent over to be powdercoated. now heres where i need youre help, i currently have a volant intake but looooooove how the jmb intake looks and ties into everything else im getting done, if i decide to go with the jmb intake am i sacrificing performance compared to the volant or is it basically the same??? i would greatly appreciate your guys' input:)

I am sure Stinker (the resident Know it all ) will chime in.:marchmellow: :p :p

When I choose I wasn't looking for "ALL OUT HP!!!!!" but choose instead for looks. JMB's looked best to me and any aftermarket CAI system beats the boxed factory one so improvements will be had by any. I remember when I was looking that the Volant is good but no where as good as their adverts describe with "BIG HP GAINS!" etc. Go for JMBs setup, you won't be disappointed.

Attachments

• JMB CAI Catchcan1.jpg
    JMB CAI Catchcan1.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 78
  • JMB CAI Catchcan2.jpg
    JMB CAI Catchcan2.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 98
been runnin my volant without the scoop for a week now. can tell no difference in performance. i have been lookin at Justin's CAI or K&N

I've been told that the hood scoop is only for letting heat out. So you're better off with JMBs CAI:rock: Plus, it just looks soooo good

I replaced my Volant with the JMB, much better looking IMO. I didn't notice any performance difference, but the sound has changed- the roar is not as loud.

VEN-M-S-SRT10 said:
I was on the jmb performance website the other day and i must say that i was blown away!! so much that im already removing my intake manifold and valve covers to have them sent over to be powdercoated. now heres where i need youre help, i currently have a volant intake but looooooove how the jmb intake looks and ties into everything else im getting done, if i decide to go with the jmb intake am i sacrificing performance compared to the volant or is it basically the same??? i would greatly appreciate your guys' input:)

We have tested over and over...and if you do a search you will find out how much, and we cannot document any (none, nada, zip, zilch) performance increase from CAI on the Ram SRT 10.

The effects are 'Bling' and sound only.

Most of us really love JMB for lots of reasons...quality, service, performance, so most of us will be very biased towards going with his products...nuff said?

Justin you can send my commission whenever you have the time...:D

Before I made many mods and went Roe SC I dynoed my stock SRT 10 and then put a Volant air system on and Dynoed again. I LOST 3hp over the stock set up. And yes everything was the same.

Man that's weird seeing the brake booster over there Carl...

Here's a pic to show you:

Srt10June122008031-1.jpg

Before doing a SC I Dynoed Stock set up and Volant air system I lost 3hp with Volant over stock

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back