If you want good customer service... don't by Paxton!!

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys.... I have pretty much been keeping this subject off the air.. but can not hold it in any further.

Many of you know I have a really nice Paxton system installed, that came dropped shipped from them polished.

When the unit arrived it was:

- Scuffed up in various places
- Main Chiller unit was assembled "backwards" (big part number stamping right on the top of polished glory for all to see)
- Waterpump failed after about 90 days or so of installing it,
causing the chiller to boil over and make a huge mess.
- Air intake cover tabs broke off for no reason.

So when I got the unit I alerted my selling dealer about it, and they said they got one also just like it and had to polish it out manually. I figure hey.. if I am paying that kinda green for a kit, it should at least be assembled correctly, and I should not have to "modify" the kit to fit, other than mods to my vehicle, but I should not have to change the so called kit.

So I then called Paxton several times, and they just blew me off... finally I wrote them, and they blew that letter off also.

I contact my dealer again, and they also wrote them and also go blown off as well.. at this point I am thinking what the hell is wrong with this company...

So because they have decided to take the uphill battle on this I finally filed legal proceedings against them.... this ACTUALLY got a reply out of them.... now.. come Feb 11, they have to haul their tails to AZ and be a defendant in a case that could have been simply resolved by them sending me the replacement parts, and me sending back the defective ones...

Good for you!

Too often we just accept bad service.

Good Luck, I hope it turns out in your favor.

Prof said:
Good for you!

Too often we just accept bad service.

Good Luck, I hope it turns out in your favor.

I am confident that it will... with all the evidence that I have "attempted" to work with them and resolve the issue, and be a nice guy about it...

AZ courts are known for siding with the customer...

Please according the the court rules THEY have to bear all their own costs of getting here, etc..

Good Luck, I'm going to court with a local wheel company that lost my 57 eldo wheel and blew me off for 2 years

GILMO'S10 said:
Good luck!! I was thinking about a paxton but now????????

Dont get me wrong.. they make great kits... and make super power...but I question some of their motives, quality control, and comittment to their customers.

talking about service, where the hell are those line lock kits????:dontknow: ;) (j/k)

Sorry you had to go through this shit. Those "small" things
can be so time (and money) consuming sometimes, and could
have been solve easily. That's what pisses me off...:mad:

azpyroguy said:
Dont get me wrong.. they make great kits... and make super power...but I question some of their motives, quality control, and comittment to their customers.

great info thanks!!!:rock: :rock:

You are taking the high road, and yes, I think we all agree that their product for the most part has been stellar. But too much success sometimes breeds a lack of attention to detail. Your refusal to roll over will help all of us...and in the end probably be a help to Paxton, if they will learn from the problem.

This really sucks........

I can't believe that Mike Reagan would allow something like this to go unresolved....

Both Mike and Lance Keck (engineer) were great to me when they did my truck ....

Sad.....very sad.....

D

Good for you for refusing to just "take" it....best of luck in your case.

--wes

Good luck... customer service is necessary for "complete" success regardless of performance gains. Hopefully, they will slowly begin to learn this lesson.

WOW,
I respect your fortitude and not sitting down!!:rock:
But I have been dealing with Paxton for years and have never/ever had a problem with cust. service.:dontknow: Any issue I have had was resolved within a day or two at the most!!This is really shocking to hear, to say the least!!!Please keep us posted with the results.

What floored me even further was how they have held steadfast to saying "no".

I offered to PAY upfront for the replacement parts, including shipping both ways and then they could credit me back for the parts once they got my defective ones...they still said no.

The only thing they offered (after about 3-4 phone calls), was well.. take the truck offline and send us the parts, and WE WILL LOOK at them and decide if we are going to do anything for you.... I asked them how long that would take.. they said could be 3-4 weeks... I was like no way... I can not take the truck down for 3-4 weeks (at this time it was my daily driver) while YOU decide whether or not your goona resolve an issue.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back