Im new to the srt-10 motor, have a cpl simple questions

Justin_Sea

Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought an 04 SRT-10 have a cpl questions about the truck like, what is a normal oil temp and pressure, also whats the best way go about building it, i have worked on all my other trucks, 5.9 cummins, 5.7 hemi, 6.0 powestoke but have never messed with the viper engine. Is this motor typically hard for DIY or is it an easier motor to work with?

Are trucks are relatively easy to work on, but aftermarket parts are few. Bring $$$ and stay below 600rwhp on stock internals.

JMB, JTSVP and Venomous1 Racing are good folks (vendors) to talk to.

At idle after warmed up, your oil pressure should be about 49/50 basically right in the middle.

Oil temp will vary depending upon what your doing and what the temp is outside.

At idle after warmed up, your oil pressure should be about 49/50 basically right in the middle.

Driving to work today she was about 75psi, im gonna check the oil level when she cools down, im gonna do all the filters and prob change the oil who knows when it was actually done last

That was driving nothing crazy wasnt pushing her just normal driving so i guess it could b normal seemed just a tad high to me, also the previous owner just redid the top end of motor, pushrods, 2 injectors, heads. Is there a breakin period on that? Like 1000 miles of taking her easy or should it all b good? Also tuner wise which is the best way to go?

Your tuner is in your backyard. Torrie at Unleashed at 652 Nautical Way in St Augustine Fl. The product is call a SCT tuner. Sorry I don't have his phone number with me. After the previous owner did all of this work how may miles did he put on it. Your brake in period may be over. Good luck with your new 10.

Driving to work today she was about 75psi, im gonna check the oil level when she cools down, im gonna do all the filters and prob change the oil who knows when it was actually done last

Do yourself a favor and get the viper oil filter from Mopar. K & N, Fram, etc all will blow out on you and leak.

Your tuner is in your backyard. Torrie at Unleashed at 652 Nautical Way in St Augustine Fl. The product is call a SCT tuner. Sorry I don't have his phone number with me. After the previous owner did all of this work how may miles did he put on it. Your brake in period may be over. Good luck with your new 10.

I am familiar with SCT from one of my old diesels, does Torrie make custom tunes?

15/50 M1 and Mopar Viper filter or 090 Filter.
130k miles here, QCab running 12.1s on stock internal engine. Never been cammed or had heads removed :)
Few hundred track passes in almost 8 years, so many Mexico races I can't count and not so much as even an alternator replaced :)
Take care of her and she'll reward you :burnout:

Yes. Torrie can supply you with the SCT unit & the tunes for it. He will need to know how your 10 is built, headers, TB, S/C, Turbo etc. As mentioned before the vendors on here are our main source for parts. Start with them first. I buy the white Viper oil filters from Tony, a couple at a time. Good Luck.

Yes. Torrie can supply you with the SCT unit & the tunes for it. He will need to know how your 10 is built, headers, TB, S/C, Turbo etc. As mentioned before the vendors on here are our main source for parts. Start with them first. I buy the white Viper oil filters from Tony, a couple at a time. Good Luck.

Keep in mind that the tunes you'll receive WILL be pig rich up top. Just a safety measure for the tuner. Do yourself a favor and install a wideband A/F gauge and work with Torrie and fine tune your engine. Better than that would be to have him tune it personally on a dyno.

Also, good ol' mother Mopar MO-090 filters from Wal-Mart work just fine on these engines.

Cheers!

Keep in mind that the tunes you'll receive WILL be pig rich up top. Just a safety measure for the tuner. Do yourself a favor and install a wideband A/F gauge and work with Torrie and fine tune your engine. Better than that would be to have him tune it personally on a dyno.

Also, good ol' mother Mopar MO-090 filters from Wal-Mart work just fine on these engines.

Cheers!

A/F is air / fuel ratio guage?

My oil pressure at idle, warm, is 25-45psi, tomorrow im gonna check all filters who knows the last time he did them, any other suggestions?

start looking at where the coils and plug wires are…………… i didn't even notice until after i bought replacements (75k miles) . major job if your fat like me trying reach to the back of a motor that was designed to sit at knee level in a sports car that you could stand in the wheel well opening while your working on it.

my oil temp is consistently around 200 degrees, idle pressure when warm 25-35 PSI, plus 10 lbs per 1K rpm increase when driving

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back