Into the wild blue yonder..........

wesalbert

2015 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So for Christmas my neighbor got me my pilot log, books and first hour. :rock: I have been wanting to do this for some time now (oh since I was a kid) but have been somewhat serious about it the last few years since meeting my neighbor who is a pilot. This was the kick in the butt I needed.
Today I went for my first lesson and my first logged flight.

d40d078b.jpg

46ed096c.jpg

Congrats

I am not a pilot but i used to fly with my step dad.

We would take of and he would say "where are we going today"?

He was new to the area and I had lived here most of my life.
I would then fly the plane with his oversight and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I never pursued getting my private pilots license but often wish I had. I was too busy running the shop and raising a family.

walbert said:
So for Christmas my neighbor got me my pilot log, books and first hour. :rock: I have been wanting to do this for some time now (oh since I was a kid) but have been somewhat serious about it the last few years since meeting my neighbor who is a pilot. This was the kick in the butt I needed.
Today I went for my first lesson and my first logged flight.

d40d078b.jpg

46ed096c.jpg
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Flying is just a crash waiting to happen. ;) :D

Good luck and hope you enjoy the experience of flying, not crashing.

WILDMAN

I have been a pilot now for several years. Plane and helicopter both. I really enjoy it. I am presently rebuilding a Pietenpol Biplane. Hope to have it flying by June or July. Hope you continue with your lessons.

Wade

welcome to the "i have taken my first flight club".

ya didn't get any photos in the air or you by the plane?

what do they charge by you per hour for dual flight time?

what kind of plane?

you might want to use one with retractable gear as you will get certified to fly "complex aircraft" if you train in one.

scoobert said:
welcome to the "i have taken my first flight club".

ya didn't get any photos in the air or you by the plane?

what do they charge by you per hour for dual flight time?

what kind of plane?

you might want to use one with retractable gear as you will get certified to fly "complex aircraft" if you train in one.

I have been up plenty of times before in twins. This was just the first time I was able to log a flight :D
No pics, the wife is sick and my neighbor was working. No biggie, there will be plenty of more time to get pics.
Plane time (wet) is $78 for a 152, $99 for a 172 w/GPS, $102 for a 172R, $120 for a 172SP TRFC/WX/AC (this is what I took today), $130 for a 172SP w/ G1000, $185 for a 182 G1000, and $135 for a Piper Arrow. Time for the instructor is $50 an hour.
It was actually a good day. We practiced straight and level flight. Maintain heading and altitude, turns, turns while assending, turns while decending. Of course it got a bit bumpy when we were doing the decending turns. Just made it more exciting. Going for lesson 2 maybe Wed and lesson 3 on Friday then 4 on Sunday. Depends on how work is this week.

walbert said:
I have been up plenty of times before in twins. This was just the first time I was able to log a flight :D
No pics, the wife is sick and my neighbor was working. No biggie, there will be plenty of more time to get pics.
Plane time (wet) is $78 for a 152, $99 for a 172 w/GPS, $102 for a 172R, $120 for a 172SP TRFC/WX/AC (this is what I took today), $130 for a 172SP w/ G1000, $185 for a 182 G1000, and $135 for a Piper Arrow. Time for the instructor is $50 an hour.
It was actually a good day. We practiced straight and level flight. Maintain heading and altitude, turns, turns while assending, turns while decending. Of course it got a bit bumpy when we were doing the decending turns. Just made it more exciting. Going for lesson 2 maybe Wed and lesson 3 on Friday then 4 on Sunday. Depends on how work is this week.

if not for my work car going to hell i would be there flying too, lol. are those newer planes or older ones? the ones used in NY are from the 80's. our prices are about the same, 40 per for the instructor, 120 for the 172RG plus fuel.

cant wait to get back in the air, gunna be about 2 months for me. at your rate you should be solo in a few weeks!!! good going!

If money and time allow, I want to get done soon. I don't want to drag it out.
Most of the planes are newer, with the exception of the 152. The 182 is brandy new. Gonna use that one for my cross country times. Might as well be comfortable.
I like the one I took today for the traffic. Down here there is ALOT of people in the air in a small amount of space. I like knowing where other people are. Today there was a guy about a mile out in the ocean in a biplane. He was all over the place. There are 2 international airports and about 5 smaller airports within a 50 mile space.

Congrats bro:rock: I got my ticket before I joined the Army. I really do miss it. I finished up in 5 weeks...going up every morning. You can do it quick, but you really gotta bust ass. Good luck!

I'm gonna go strong right off the bat. I know I will end up slowing down a bit. I just don't want it to drag out for a year. I don't want to get to the point of only going up once a month or once every couple months. You end up forgetting and basically are relearning what you forgot.
I want to be done by Sun and Fun 2010. Thats in April. Right now I am figuring 10-14 weeks maybe :dontknow:

walbert said:
I'm gonna go strong right off the bat. I know I will end up slowing down a bit. I just don't want it to drag out for a year. I don't want to get to the point of only going up once a month or once every couple months. You end up forgetting and basically are relearning what you forgot.
I want to be done by Sun and Fun 2010. Thats in April. Right now I am figuring 10-14 weeks maybe :dontknow:

If you have the money and the time, you should be able to do it no problem. See you tomorrow man.

I took an introductory flight on Sat for my birthday. I'm going to start lessons in about a month. Always wanted to get my pilot's license and I've figured now is the time. Hope to have my license in 3-4 months from when I start and then get instruments by the end of the year.

here's a pic flying over my parents house.

Attachments

• over our house.jpg
    over our house.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 36
sweet wes,i'm doing my pilots license too on my xbox:),actually i might buy lessons for my brother,he's always wanted to fly,you flying out of lantana's airport?

Yup, out of lantana. There are a few schools still there.

I started it years back but just ran out of time and then money. I was flying out of Fullerton Airport here in SoCal, talk about busy airspace. Matter of fact where we would fly we would be under both LAX and John Wayne airspace. Looked like the freeway out there sometimes hehe.

Good luck and have fun.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back