Into the wild blue yonder..........

I was curious so I decided to look it up. One would need to fly a jet:

Private Pilot license, Instrument Rating, Multi Engine license and Commercial license. If the jet is above 12,500 lbs you will also need a type rating for that specific jet which you would be given also by a check examiner.

I went back up today. It's been about a month since I went up last.
Just went for an hour so I could do more practice on short and soft field takeoffs and landings. Did good.
Next step, Stage 2 checkride for cross country solos.
Going to shoot for doing this in 2 weeks.

I went back up today. It's been about a month since I went up last.
Just went for an hour so I could do more practice on short and soft field takeoffs and landings. Did good.
Next step, Stage 2 checkride for cross country solos.
Going to shoot for doing this in 2 weeks.

:rock::rock::rock:

get to go in the Viper plane, lol?

I saw a Lancair today. That little thing was quick. Thats what I want. Small and quick. My instructor said they burn about 15 gal/hr. I'm ok with that :D

Lancair_Legacy-2.jpg

"The Legacy’s spacious new fuselage didn’t come at the expense of speed; it’s now able to accommodate a larger engine. With a 310 h.p. Continental 1O-550, the Legacy achieves stellar performance, by cruising 280 m.p.h. at 10,000 ft. The Legacy’s climb rate of +2200 Fpm will amaze you."

Last edited:
very nice.:rock::rock::rock: painted to match the truck???:D

is it even "legal" to do little mods to the engine, k&n, headers?, tune?, without getting everybodies thumbs up for it???

lol. what a jackwagon.:shot:

but don't ya need fough weather flyin time?????:dontknow::dontknow::D

I have flown in bad weather. Just don't want to do it for my check ride. i'm getting graded on this stuff.
Also, don't want to fly in it for my solo's either.

The storms here build in the center of the state most of the time. I don't need to get caught on the west coast of FL with no way to get back.

I might try to go up for an hour or two on sunday.

I might try to go up for an hour or two on sunday.

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

oh, Wes? whats that on your fender, bout where your antenna is?????:dontknow:

Not sure. Looks maybe like a reflection of a light in the parking lot :dontknow:

I saw a Lancair today. That little thing was quick. Thats what I want. Small and quick. My instructor said they burn about 15 gal/hr. I'm ok with that :D

Lancair_Legacy-2.jpg

"The Legacy’s spacious new fuselage didn’t come at the expense of speed; it’s now able to accommodate a larger engine. With a 310 h.p. Continental 1O-550, the Legacy achieves stellar performance, by cruising 280 m.p.h. at 10,000 ft. The Legacy’s climb rate of +2200 Fpm will amaze you."

Is that a Air Buss ? That plane is huge :D

Been about 2 months since I have been flying. Where does the time go?
Went up again this morning just for practice for the checkride. My checkride is scheduled for 7am next Sunday.
We went out west and practiced navigation. I did very well. Its been months and I remembered everything. Found Pahokee and overflew the field. Once the VOR flipped, we then set course for Palm Beach International. Found it no problem.
We then went back out west to practice a little Instrument work. For this I am wearing a "hood" that blocks everything except for the gauges. I close my eyes, and the instructor tosses the airplane around to mess your head up. The he says "plane is yours", I have to get it straight and level. Pointing down, less throttle, pointing up, full throttle.
He then hit me with an emergency landing practice. He pulls the throttle back, I go through the checklist for an emergency landing. All went well. Picked a good spot and was able to "land" there. We only go down to 500ft for this. We don't actually land.
We climbed back up, went out to the west. Then practiced a diversion to Lantana. Was able to figure out everything while flying the plane. Made the field within a minute of what I figured out on paper.
For the landing we were practicing short field. He said to put it down on the numbers. Watch the video below. Right on the #9, couldn't have been any better.

Take off. Noting special. CLICK FOR VIDEO

Getting tossed around for the instrument practice. CLICK FOR VIDEO

On the numbers. CLICK FOR VIDEO

Damn, I wish I had the money to get current:( Every time you bump this thread up, it makes me miss flying lol

$250 here, $250 there.
Do it. So what if it is only once a month.

:rock::rock::rock:lookin good:rock::rock::rock:

oh Wes, been watchin the weather here lately & there has been an avation alert when the temp gets bout 102+.

why???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back