Is this a rod bearing?

Awesome news! Did you just use stock parts or did you upgrade while you were in there?

Awesome news! Did you just use stock parts or did you upgrade while you were in there?

I did some long thinking and concluded, im not trying to turn this truck into some track monster. I'd buy a better vehicle for that, so I refreshed it with new stock stuff, I did upgrade the rod bearings though.

I did some long thinking and concluded, im not trying to turn this truck into some track monster. I'd buy a better vehicle for that, so I refreshed it with new stock stuff, I did upgrade the rod bearings though.

Not a bad choice at all.

Truck is back home.

I saw the carnage from inside the engine and there was some pretty bad stuff. I was real close to spinning a rod a bearing, some were on there way out. Me bending a piston rod actually saved me from spinning a rod bearing. My timing chain was also streched out, the previous owner really dogged the shit out of this truck.

All is well now. Time to put some miles on it.

So just an update, my truck is done. I pick it up tomorrow. Ive been told after looking at what they replaced it lived a hard life with the prior owners. I knew I was going to rebuild this motor one day, I just didnt think it would be half a year later of owning it.

As far as the bent rod, no idea how it happen, but im over it now. Im looking forward to driving my truck for the first time since april. Hope I still remember how to shift, ha!

Its ok man... i was in the same exact boat with the exception of a bent rod. Mine only lasted 3 weeks afrer the dealership lol. Just be carefull on the break in! and enjoy the fresh POWA for years to come.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back