Jeep SRTs versus Charger/Magnum/300 SRTs...

Ronin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd start my own thread to clear up any confusion as to exactly which is quicker in the quarter...

For starters, here's one...

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=f-9RyZzNW2U

The weiner? Jeep, and it was bone stock. :rock: The Charger SRT was modded.

Shouldn't have any problems finding more! :D

You have to compare vehicle to vehicle to track to weather conditions to etc, etc, etc....been around the LX/SRT forums for 3 yrs now..driven dozens of SRT8 Jeeps and LXs....the Jeep is mean off the line and will beat a inexperienced driver in a race with the LX SRT8s but everything equal you just dont know what you are talking about...just that plain facts...sorry...:)

TNVIPER said:
You have to compare vehicle to vehicle to track to weather conditions to etc, etc, etc....been around the LX/SRT forums for 3 yrs now..driven dozens of SRT8 Jeeps and LXs....the Jeep is mean off the line and will beat a inexperienced driver in a race with the LX SRT8s but everything equal you just dont know what you are talking about...just that plain facts...sorry...:)

No need to be sorry. :p

Likewise, this ain't my first rodeo. Blanket statements that the LXs are faster than the Jeep just aren't true. Period. It's not a "fantasys" either, just plain facts.

0-60, stock for stock, the Jeep is anywhere from 3/10ths to 5/10ths consistently faster than the LXs...more or less. That's with a 400 pound difference. 60 foot times for the Jeeps are also consistently faster than the LX's. Sorry, that's just plain facts. There's tons of pics on the LX Forums, Charger Forums, 300 Forums that guys took of their EVICs and that observation consistently plays out. I hope no one's suggesting that the EVIC software for the Jeep is more generous/favorable as compare to the LXs???

So to say that LX SRTs are faster in the 1/4 than the Jeep SRTs is inaccurate. Sorry, that's just plain facts. I'm getting a lot of "been there, done that, I know better, yadda yadda yadda" but NO facts to back it up. Just that y'all know better than me, 'cause you said so. That nonsense doesn't cut it with my kids so you'll have to 'scuse me if it don't likewise cut it with me. I ain't from Missouri, but I sure would like anyone to show me otherwise.

Sorry, that's just plain facts. ;)

Ronin said:
No need to be sorry. :p

Likewise, this ain't my first rodeo. Blanket statements that the LXs are faster than the Jeep just aren't true. Period. It's not a "fantasys" either, just plain facts.

0-60, stock for stock, the Jeep is anywhere from 3/10ths to 5/10ths consistently faster than the LXs...more or less. That's with a 400 pound difference. 60 foot times for the Jeeps are also consistently faster than the LX's. Sorry, that's just plain facts. There's tons of pics on the LX Forums, Charger Forums, 300 Forums that guys took of their EVICs and that observation consistently plays out. I hope no one's suggesting that the EVIC software for the Jeep is more generous/favorable as compare to the LXs???

So to say that LX SRTs are faster in the 1/4 than the Jeep SRTs is inaccurate. Sorry, that's just plain facts. I'm getting a lot of "been there, done that, I know better, yadda yadda yadda" but NO facts to back it up. Just that y'all know better than me, 'cause you said so. That nonsense doesn't cut it with my kids so you'll have to 'scuse me if it don't likewise cut it with me. I ain't from Missouri, but I sure would like anyone to show me otherwise.

Sorry, that's just plain facts. ;)

Since you are new here I concede...The SRT8 Jeep is faster..how could I have been so stupid..:dontknow: ....

TNVIPER said:
Since you are new here I concede...The SRT8 Jeep is faster..how could I have been so stupid..:dontknow: ....

Nice. Throw out the newb comment. Straight outta the sore loser's handbook. Comments like "you just dont (sic) know what you are talking about..." are bullshit. Are there videos out there of a stock Charger SRT beating a stock Jeep SRT in the 1/4? Maybe, but I couldn't find one. The one I did find took me a whole 6 seconds or so to find, and that was a stock Jeep SRT beating a modded Charger SRT.

Skill's a factor here. The Jeep's easy. Floor it, let the AWD take care of the rest. Try that with the LX SRTs and you sit and spin, which really helps with the 60 foot times. :burnout:

So, for anyone who knows any better, AGAIN :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: saying the LXs SRTs are faster than the Jeep SRTs in the 1/4 mile just is plain not true. Same goes for saying a Jeep will always walk a LX SRT in the 1/4.

How's that go about arguing on the internet? Oh yeah, even if you win you're still retarded. That's right up there with arguing with someone whose ignorant; stoop to their level and they'll beat you with experience...

That's all I got, my "proof" is up for anyone to review. If you know any better, than good on ya, you get a :) face sticker!

You've been a wonderful audience, I'll be here all week and be sure to tip your waitress.

Good Night!

I came here earlier and didn't want to comment because I asked myself something very important.. "So what?" But since you brought it up I might as well drop my little $0.02 here. When looking at the SRT8 model line they do have their comparable pros and cons. According to the specs you posted, Ronin, the 300C SRT showed the lowest 1/4 mile times. I know the CG's are without a doubt monsters off the line. They are also sharp looking sleepers that I woudn't want to get into a tango with. They will hook up like no tomorrow. But.... that's about it. They require a good driver to stay ahead. 10's will.. WILL catch 'em by 3rd gear. The Charger SRT looks really mean and intimidating. That, coupled with that get-up-and-go capability makes it a sweet head turning ride to run around with. I don't know much about the Magnum except that it has... ample truck space for quick trips to the grocery store. But I'm not knocking it. I'm simply ignorant to the Magnum because I rarely see them and haven't driven in or near any. Bigike can chime in on that since his wife has one. The 300.... I have to say if there were two of me and we went at it, my bone stock 300C will take my lightly modded 10. The 300 is lighter and more narrow. Most of all it has style and really does not look like it can wreak havoc on an apponent's ego. As someone put it, "American muscle in a tuxedo." Despite that style 300SRT still looks kind of plain Jane. Its looks say nothing until the throttle is mashed and the driver is rippin it on the asphalt.

I don't know why I even said anything because I don't intend to change anyone's mind. Tomorrow some of us are meeting up. OSO will have his SRTCharger, Z-man will have his SRTGC and I will likely have my SRT300C. Maybe we'll play for a while and show the video here.

BTW Ronin...your sig on other forums show you own a 2008 300 SRT8...all stock.....how does it compare to the 05 SRT10 you show in your sig on this forum....:dontknow: ;)

TNVIPER said:
BTW Ronin...your sig on other forums show you own a 2008 300 SRT8...all stock.....how does it compare to the 05 SRT10 you show in your sig on this forum....:dontknow: ;)

i bet its simular to his lamborghini that he has on the lambo forums as well... LOL

Ronin,

I have seen you on other forums, but WTF are trying to prove here?

All I have read is that you are the one starting the arguments... lol

I would certainly hope that the Jeeps have a much better 60' time, after all, they are an AWD monster. lol

But like Larry asked, what do YOU drive, or even own? And my the way, WHO CARES which line is faster? We are ALL in the same family and ALL have monsters from the factory.

And by the way, the SRT10 RC or QC are not faster than the LX platform. They are a drivers race. And yes, when my Charger was bone stock, the wife (mrssrt10) and I had 4 races. We are tied. hehe

TNVIPER said:

My sig shows it's a 300 SRT Design, NOT a 300 SRT. Big difference...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
i bet its simular to his lamborghini that he has on the lambo forums as well... LOL

Spell check's a bitch...ain't it? That's so funny, I forgot to laugh. Don't quit your day job princess. Is that where you make the "fantasys" programmers? What vehicles do they work on anyway? :dontknow:

.......Design?!?!? M'kay, I think the LX forum would be a better place to raise this issue. You should get more responses there. My 300 SRT8 is just my grocery getter. Whether it's faster than the rest of the SRT product line or not :dontknow:doesn't concern me.

1bad4dr said:
Ronin,

I have seen you on other forums, but WTF are trying to prove here?

All I have read is that you are the one starting the arguments... lol

I would certainly hope that the Jeeps have a much better 60' time, after all, they are an AWD monster. lol

But like Larry asked, what do YOU drive, or even own? And my the way, WHO CARES which line is faster? We are ALL in the same family and ALL have monsters from the factory.

And by the way, the SRT10 RC or QC are not faster than the LX platform. They are a drivers race. And yes, when my Charger was bone stock, the wife (mrssrt10) and I had 4 races. We are tied. hehe

I'm not trying to prove shit, other than the comment that "...a Charger SRT will walk the Jeep SRT in the 1/4, every time..." is just simply not true. I can't help it if it hurt some people's butts, that statement is not an incontrovertible fact. I started this thread and put up the facts that prove exactly my point, but I guess since I'm new here I must not know what I'm talking about... :rolleyes:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and will NOT interpret your comment "...what do YOU drive, or even own..." as calling me out as a poser. But since the comment's been made;

Current rides are a 300 C SRT DESIGN, which is not an SRT (for the umpteenth time!). Mods, zero, 'cept for tint. It's a lease so I won't be dumping money into it. My bride typically drives it. My '05 QC is a whole week old now, with its extensive mods in my sig. :D It's a third (4-wheeled) vehicle (I have 4 two-wheeled if anyone cares) so it's not likely to get any real "mod attention" for a while. I typically drive my '04 Ford Excursion that's heavily modded, inside and out, top to bottom. Haven't dragged it yet (because it's a tow vehicle, and I don't need it breaking down in the middle of no where 'cause I trashed it on the track) but @ about 600 RWHP and 800 and change torque, that'd be good for sub-14s...no? :burnout:

HAD an '07 Jeep SRT. (Traded in an '03 Navigator and a '05 Avalanche when I bought that, if anyone's keeping track). Had an '05 Magnum R/T that was moderately modded (bolt-ons), and sold that and the Jeep (which was lightly modded) and got an '04 Mercedes S55 AMG; the only mod on that was a Mann drop-in air filter. Didn't need anything else, since it could hand about anything its ass from a dig...roll...whatever.

There, that about covers that...now where were we? Right, me (the fuggin' new guy :rolleyes:) posts that the comment, made members that have been here a whole lot longer than I have, so they must know better, that "...a Charger SRT will walk a Jeep SRT in the 1/4, everytime..." is simply not true. Even though I said I wouldn't, I went ahead and put up stock 1/4 mile runs from Drag Times, and a video from You Tube with a stock Jeep SRT walking a lightly modded Charger SRT. I'm not MSU'ing (Making Shit Up), it is what is, and if someone's pussy gets hurt in the process, tough shit.

What ever happened to respectfully disagreeing, stating your case, and, if necessary, agreeing to disagree? I did just that and got jumped on as not knowing what the fuck I'm talking about, 'cause, well, I'm new. Don't plead that kind of case if you're a defense attorney, your client will get the death penalty for shoplifting.

All in the SRT family? Sure, absolutely. I can't tell you how many times I've given a thumbs up to someone in a SRT-4 (in one of my aforementioned rides) and gotten the "...huh?..." look, but more often than not got it returned. I don't care what you drive, the same as I don't as far as 2-wheels are concerned. I'll wave at a Honda, Harley, or a fuggin' Vespa for Christ's sake when I'm on my custom chopper (300mm rear tire, 18-inch seat height, air ride, nitrous, 53 degrees of rake, etc., etc., etc.).

Didn't say shit about the SRT-10s 1/4 mile times either, RC, QC or ABC... I know from driving both that my Jeep SRT would have stomped it off the line, and most likely eventually would have been reeled in by the 10. My 9K pound Excursion sure pulls a whole lot harder than the 10, especially when the boost gets up there (around 30 PSIs) and the water/meth dumps in. But that's comparing stock to HEAVILY modded, which is, well, retarded (I'm a poet and I don't know it!). Since they're all my rides (at one time or another) despite the fact that no matter how hard I try I can still only drive one at a time, I can say what my own personal experience is, period. If my observations hurt someone's feeling (no "s", purposely), again tough shit.

GTG's? Don't really do them for two reasons. (1) I'm in RI (we're actually a state now) and the NE GTG's typically require travel and (2) it's just really not my thing. I did participate in a tiny, local GTG (4 whole Magnums!) and it was OK, but it was time better spent doing something else, no offense to anyone there. Guess I'm just not much of a people person. Oh yeah, I'll include the SRT Experience that I went to in Watkins Glen last year as a GTG. It was decent, but more than one person there struck me as an over the top chest beating keyboard warrior, and made sure everyone knew what a 1/4 mile king they were. That's why it was great that I beat every student that I dragged race, and the only close one was a Jeep versus Jeep for the "championship" where I squeaked a very experienced (in his words) drag racer. Hmmm, not too shabby for a "new" guy. I would have taken up my instructor's invitation to attend the next day, for the bubble, as their "guest", but I had my fun and had stuff to do...

Any other questions?

Thanks. That's all I got. We now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

Venom Power said:
.......Design?!?!? M'kay, I think the LX forum would be a better place to raise this issue. You should get more responses there. My 300 SRT8 is just my grocery getter. Whether it's faster than the rest of the SRT product line or not :dontknow:doesn't concern me.

Where in the flyin' handshake did I say my 300 SRT DESIGN was faster than anything?! Y'all are gettin' your wires WAY crossed, I was just clarifying that it was a DESIGN and NOT an SRT because someone didn't take the time to rig my sig, on another forum, in a seriously half-assed attempt to "call me out"; like I'm posing with what I own or owned. That's all...

Jeesh :rolleyes:

Oh, so you did own a SRT GC at one time. I was wondering why you were so twisted about GCs being walked (if at all). Okay I get it. All in all, this thread is interesting, but only to those that regularly drive SRT8s and out of over 5k members, not many do or care to.

As for being the new guy, I don't think that matters. Everyone here, new and old, has an opinion that should be recognized. The only thing is initially sounding heated from post #1, or coming off as if you got to prove something and everyone MUST use spell check before posting won't make you positively popular, even if you were member #5... (and I won't even get into what happened to member #5).

Whatever thread that stated a GC will get walked in the 1320, well, I didn't see that and that doesn't represent the total position here. I only noticed your heated and strong stance on the matter... For that reason I didn't see what all the comotion was over... So excuse me.:eek:

:dontknow:Just have fun dude and enjoy your stay as well as all of those tight vehices you own.:D

1bad4dr said:
...And yes, when my Charger was bone stock, the wife (mrssrt10) and I had 4 races. We are tied. hehe

Now that is the wisest statement that I have heard in a very long time.

This is a thinking man's approach to relationships, ego, speed and an incredibly happy life.

My hat is off, and I am suitably humbled to be in your presence.

pic_11917057474951.jpg

Prof said:
Now that is the wisest statement that I have heard in a very long time.

This is a thinking man's approach to relationships, ego, speed and an incredibly happy life.

My hat is off, and I am suitably humbled to be in your presence.

pic_11917057474951.jpg

Thats a good sign to post out side a Ladies room;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back