Jeep SRTs versus Charger/Magnum/300 SRTs...

Ronin said:
No need to be sorry. :p

Likewise, this ain't my first rodeo. Blanket statements that the LXs are faster than the Jeep just aren't true. Period. It's not a "fantasys" either, just plain facts.

So to say that LX SRTs are faster in the 1/4 than the Jeep SRTs is inaccurate. Sorry, that's just plain facts.

If you want to get technical, the LX SRT's are "Faster" since faster usually refers to the trap speed. With the AWD and weight disadvantage the Jeep has holding it back on the top end this is a given. I think I'd call shenanagins on the 12.5 run out of the 300 and still stock, but 12.9's sounds bout right for um all with good drivers. Does it really matter though? They should all be roughly "around" the same in the 1/4 e.t. wise with the trap speed telling you what's gonna happen after the 1/4mile.

Prof said:
Now that is the wisest statement that I have heard in a very long time.

This is a thinking man's approach to relationships, ego, speed and an incredibly happy life.

My hat is off, and I am suitably humbled to be in your presence.

pic_11917057474951.jpg

Shiiiiiiet, he only posted that because his wife was watching him type :D Now you just got him lucky, and I just got him slapped j/k:D

ViperPowa said:
I think I'd call shenanagins on the 12.5 run out of the 300 and still stock, but 12.9's sounds bout right for um all with good drivers.

Hey Powa, I think the 300 used was silver.. HAHA:D

Venom Power said:
Oh, so you did own a SRT GC at one time. I was wondering why you were so twisted about GCs being walked (if at all). Okay I get it. All in all, this thread is interesting, but only to those that regularly drive SRT8s and out of over 5k members, not many do or care to.

As for being the new guy, I don't think that matters. Everyone here, new and old, has an opinion that should be recognized. The only thing is initially sounding heated from post #1, or coming off as if you got to prove something and everyone MUST use spell check before posting won't make you positively popular, even if you were member #5... (and I won't even get into what happened to member #5).

Whatever thread that stated a GC will get walked in the 1320, well, I didn't see that and that doesn't represent the total position here. I only noticed your heated and strong stance on the matter... For that reason I didn't see what all the comotion was over... So excuse me.:eek:

:dontknow:Just have fun dude and enjoy your stay as well as all of those tight vehices you own.:D

Right on. :top:

The spell check comment(s) are just a response to some poorly worded attempts at bustin' my ball (that's right, no "s", just one gigantic, bowling ball sized ONE :D ) (That's a joke, OK?) If you're gonna go through the trouble of being so worked up to post a response on the internet for Christ's sake, at least put down the beer and try to spell correctly; then you won't come across so much like a chest beating, keyboard pounding, internet hero, that's all... I could give a flying fuck if anyone misspells anything, it just served my purpose at the time to return the favor. Advantage...ME!

And as for being "new"; I'm not the one that brought that up, but I'm the first to admit it. That's real hard to do since my join date and member number are displayed on every post. Kinda reminds me of the Corporal trying to school the new First Sergeant when he shows up at his new assignment. Yeah, thanks for the advice... :rolleyes:

ViperPowa said:
If you want to get technical, the LX SRT's are "Faster" since faster usually refers to the trap speed. With the AWD and weight disadvantage the Jeep has holding it back on the top end this is a given. I think I'd call shenanagins on the 12.5 run out of the 300 and still stock, but 12.9's sounds bout right for um all with good drivers. Does it really matter though? They should all be roughly "around" the same in the 1/4 e.t. wise with the trap speed telling you what's gonna happen after the 1/4mile.

I'd agree with that, I'm just repeating the verbiage that the SRT Track Experience instructors were using is all. The trap speeds for the Jeep are always lower than the LX's for the aforementioned reasons. The Jeep's brick shape and portly weight don't help in the top-end department, at all!

Prof said:
Now that is the wisest statement that I have heard in a very long time.

This is a thinking man's approach to relationships, ego, speed and an incredibly happy life.

My hat is off, and I am suitably humbled to be in your presence.

pic_11917057474951.jpg
haha Awesome Roy. lol

Now, I really MUST start modding her truck cause she is PISSED that all the money went into the car. haha

Now, I will be on the edge watching your build come to a close. :) And Bones as well. hehe

Ronin,

No one is knocking your claims or videos. The point being that from your OP, you have been on a soapbox. And really, you are on a Viper Truck forum (I know that you know this) talking about a Jeep and Charger/300/Magnum.

Your argument, while could use some toning down, would be better served on a Jeep forum or LX forum, don't ya think?

You also come back and use what you probably think is whitty, but rude and unpleasant comments to anyone, including me, who doubts you or suggests otherwise.

That in itself turns the forum members off. Especially here on VTCOA. These guys are a GREAT bunch of people who have a PASSION for their whips.

My suggestion would be to tone things down and refrain from the name calling and such.

As for your vids, they prove that driver's have a huge play in the outcome of a race. But it really doesn't matter. IMHO.

I LOVE my Charger, I LOVE my wife's RC SRT10, and I certainly LOVE the Jeep.

Have fun and enjoy life brotha, stress and anger will only lead to a shorter life span. ;)

ViperPowa said:
Shiiiiiiet, he only posted that because his wife was watching him type :D Now you just got him lucky, and I just got him slapped j/k:D
lmao...

The Jeep is definately the quickest off the line....modded, it takes a pretty good driver to come around me by the end of the quarter.

Stock though, I may have a chance til' around 80....but after that most of the SRT-10's would come around and pass me. Not really a big concern of mine, I didn't buy it to be the fastest. I bought it to have a pimp-ass grocery getter that will take down a lot of unsuspecting prey from light-to light.:marchmellow:

1bad4dr said:
Ronin,

No one is knocking your claims or videos. The point being that from your OP, you have been on a soapbox. And really, you are on a Viper Truck forum (I know that you know this) talking about a Jeep and Charger/300/Magnum.

Your argument, while could use some toning down, would be better served on a Jeep forum or LX forum, don't ya think?

You also come back and use what you probably think is whitty, but rude and unpleasant comments to anyone, including me, who doubts you or suggests otherwise.

That in itself turns the forum members off. Especially here on VTCOA. These guys are a GREAT bunch of people who have a PASSION for their whips.

My suggestion would be to tone things down and refrain from the name calling and such.

As for your vids, they prove that driver's have a huge play in the outcome of a race. But it really doesn't matter. IMHO.

I LOVE my Charger, I LOVE my wife's RC SRT10, and I certainly LOVE the Jeep.

Have fun and enjoy life brotha, stress and anger will only lead to a shorter life span. ;)

Sorry, I'm just not feelin' the attitude that you can heap shit on someone 'cause they're new. If someone's pussy hurts 'cause I'm calling it the way I see, fug 'em. If I wanted friends I'd join the YMCA and if I wanted a big brother I wouldn't have killed mine... :D

I didn't start with the childish nonsense, name calling, whatever you want to call it, but I'm not gonna post up here like a punk and "Yes Master, yes Master!" everyone who (1) has a "better" member number and/or amount of posts so (2) I don't piss anyone off. I'm not going to walk around here on eggshells and kiss ass, that's not how I roll.

You earn respect, you don't demand it, so when someone starts beating their chest and smashing their keyboard 'cause I twisted their panties, tough shit. You get what you give and a LOT is subject to interpretation (since non-verbal communication is roughly 90% sometimes of the equation) and is lost in cyberspace. People say shit that they would NEVER say to someone's face.

I'm starting to rethink my whole "policy" on GTGs. Maybe the next time a NE one pops up, if I'm available and the travel is reasonable, I'll pop in just so people can put face with a name.

Hmmm...

Peace. Love what you ride, regardless of what it is...an '81 VW Scirocco (my first ride :top: ) or a Bugatti Veyron, and fuck anyone who can't take a joke or dishes it out and can't take it. That high school pussy ass shit right there...

Then again I could just get a warning/infraction or whatever it's called here or even banned. That's more preferable to me than kissing some internet hero's azz...

WOW! How old are you? 12?

I do not believe I ever mentioned anything about you be a newbie here. Actually I could care less. Who's panties are in a bunch?

By your attacks and comments, I believe yours are. lol

Oh well, looks as if you are the Internet Warrior to me. haha :congrats:

1bad4dr said:

I do not believe I ever mentioned anything about you be a newbie here. Actually I could care less. Who's panties are in a bunch?

I've never singled anyone out by name, all one has to do is read the thread(s) and use a little common sense and figure it out. Obviously it's an issue for at least one person, so be it...

Peace.

:top:

1bad4dr said:

I guess he really means me Ron...I just thought it was a waste of time arguing this...you and I both have seen this same comparison many times before.....not enough members on this forum with knowledge of the SRT8s to really discuss it...the connection would have been better a better forum.. and he reminded me of some preacher in Chicago...;)

TNVIPER said:
I guess he really means me Ron...I just thought it was a waste of time arguing this...you and I both have seen this same comparison many times before.....not enough members on this forum with knowledge of the SRT8s to really discuss it...the connection would have been better a better forum.. and he reminded me of some preacher in Chicago...;)

You're right that the Connection would have been a better place to bring this up, but it all started when I weighed in with my 2 cents, which was summarily dismissed as me not knowing what I'm talking about. That's cool. The Connection has the entire SRT community in one place, which makes it easy. I haven't posted there about 10-related stuff because I found this forum and became a supporting member shortly there afterwards.

I'm not sure that I get your "preacher in Chicago" analogy. I'm passionate, and obviously delusional and/or clueless... :D

In any event. Peace. Peace to all...

Ronin said:
You're right that the Connection would have been a better place to bring this up, but it all started when I weighed in with my 2 cents, which was summarily dismissed as me not knowing what I'm talking about. That's cool. The Connection has the entire SRT community in one place, which makes it easy. I haven't posted there about 10-related stuff because I found this forum and became a supporting member shortly there afterwards.

I'm not sure that I get your "preacher in Chicago" analogy. I'm passionate, and obviously delusional and/or clueless... :D

In any event. Peace. Peace to all...

Peace to you..thanks..

TNVIPER said:
Peace to you..thanks..

You have mail/PM sir. Apologies offered to yourself and several others; the mouth/keyboard got a whole helluva holeshot on my brain before it was in gear...

Matty

Ronin said:
You have mail/PM sir. Apologies offered to yourself and several others; the mouth/keyboard got a whole helluva holeshot on my brain before it was in gear...

Matty
Apology accepted in the PM, and an apology from me as well.

Matty, the VTCOA really is a GREAT community of Viper truck enthusiasts, and you will have much to learn from these folks as time passes by.

I actually left out the "C" out of respect to the members here and the staff and owners. They are my friends and family, and do not ever want to take away from that.

Thanks.

If families and nations handled problems as well as we do here, the world would be a much better place...

We are more than family! We have trucks too.

Nice outcome!

1bad4dr said:
Apology accepted in the PM, and an apology from me as well.

Matty, the VTCOA really is a GREAT community of Viper truck enthusiasts, and you will have much to learn from these folks as time passes by.

I actually left out the "C" out of respect to the members here and the staff and owners. They are my friends and family, and do not ever want to take away from that.

Thanks.

Very cool. Thanks. Don't think I didn't think twice about leaving that apology hanging out there waiting for you all to respond :D but I had to do it since I was the one with panties in a twist, wr-wr-wr-wrong, hurt pussy/feelings, etc. and pounded on the keyboard like a frothing lunatic... :pcguru:

Now, anyone have any tips for getting :egg: off their face; it'd be much appreciated!

Thanks all,

Matty

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back