JMB CAI installed

luvsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my new JMB CAI and catch can.:rock: It looks great and the truck feels strong! Just wondering, is it supposed to sound like a shop vac sucking through a straw at idle and low revs?? Sounds bad a$$ at WOT. Is it the catch can I am hearing or just the engine breathing finally?

Yeah thats the way they sound,the engine is breathing like it needs to.

I just installed my new JMB CAI and catch can.:rock: It looks great and the truck feels strong! Just wondering, is it supposed to sound like a shop vac sucking through a straw at idle and low revs?? Sounds bad a$$ at WOT. Is it the catch can I am hearing or just the engine breathing finally?

I was wondering about this when I got my K&N installed but was expecting :chain: if I asked. It seems to quiet down a little once the truck warms up.

Pics! :rock:

I would really like some pics, I am torn between the K&N and the JMB.

I would really like some pics, I am torn between the K&N and the JMB.

I have a K&N new pics are up in the Visual Mods section under "My CE's new look!" and love it! had it color matched in snakeskin dip by eddie@ proimaging and he did an awesome job it is now smooth as glass! anyone with a K&N knows the plastic has a rough textured to it.

I had a K&N on my first 10 and I liked it, but this go around I have more funds and really want to make the truck customer which is why I was leaning toward the JMB because of the ability to make it whatever color I want.

JMB.....best aftermarket intake available...IMHO. Looks great and is made great.

I had the K&N and took it off because it felt like it lost power. This thing looks better and it feels like I've got my power back and then some. It is louder at idle then the k&n ever was. Maybe it is the smaller filter or the combination of CAI and catch can. It doesn't really matter I dig it! Next comes a venom throttle body. Now that the beast is paid off, I can afford to have some fun with it. I will post up some pictures when I have time to clean the engine bay.

Also keep in mind that plastic absorbs sound....metal resonates it. One reason the JMB intake is louder than stock and louder than the K&N

You can pick the color of the K&N too - I chose red snakeskin!

True! I chose White Snakeskin Dipped and K&N Intake is smooth as glass after no rough texture from the original plastic design:rock:
2012-06-02191539.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back