JMB catch can and intake routing questions...

triblk6spd

Reaction score
Hey all...I just wanted to be double sure this is right. Yes I searched every thread on here without finding a definitive answer.
Quick and to the point? Is this right? The directions were pretty vague and there wasn't a single...even hand drawn diagram...to base all the instructions off of. I'm not a mechanic but I do almost all of my performance stuff myself. This shoukd have been a breeze but I just felt with the fact that there were a few parts left over that I may be missing something. Anyway...here is what I got.

Thanks all!!

That looks correct.

Use a small worm clamp to keep the tube attached to the catch can, it tends to come off.

Also, make sure tube leading to the Manifold (IAC hose) does not get crimped during installation of the C.A.I.

Do you have a elbow in the spare parts?

If so, that is used for the coolant overflow hose, stemming off from just beneath the radiator cap, as seen in your first picture.

Thanks again all. Yep. The IAC stuff is free from kinks and I'll get a clamp on the catch can hose right away.

I didn't know Home Depot was a performance vendor for our 10's. Learn something new everyday. That would sure draw attention at the car shows.

Yeah let's troll the new guy.... Lol, seriously it is a valid question, I seen it done in other cars and I was curious as to if there was actually any difference or benefits other than the actual cost.

Quick question, as oppose from making a new thread I think this question might fit here...
What's the difference from using a catch can like the one from jmb to using an Inline filter/water separator for an air compressor?

Something like this: Husky, 3/8 in. Standard Poly Bowl Filter, HDA70603AV at The Home Depot - Mobile

Design wise I think that they are very similar. Some aftermarket catch cans have a mesh panel on the vapor side to help catch any oil but other than that I believe they are very similar. My Grand National has an air compressor separator on it and works just fine plus it is clear and you can see how much oil is collecting.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back