JTS venom hood

So went to the bodyshop today. Here you go venomous, hope this helps.

556374_337046399711945_1418978899_n.jpg

548064_337046806378571_1084731637_n.jpg

It look's like glass now.

Thinking it's a Gen1. The newer one has more of a corner to the sides of the cowl instead of being rounded and I believe that the cowl area by the windshield is different between the two.:dontknow:
Look from the front and see if one side of the cowl is taller than the other:eek:

You got a Gen2.
The Gen 1 didn't have screens in the vents and scoop.

You got a Gen2.
The Gen 1 didn't have screens in the vents and scoop.

I am thinking Wes is correct. I'm thinking of the Super Snake hood someone had that had the sharper corners and different cowl.
But the Gen ! did have Vent Screens as mine has them.:D It does not have the Scoop screen though and I like it like that:drool:
Honestly loved the ventless hoods better but couldn't find one as I guess others like the louvers better:dontknow:

JimTeTe has a SuperSnake Hood

Yea, the super snake was more square.
The differences between the Gen1 and Gen2 hoods (I believe) were the screens and little changes to make the hood stronger.

Thats what I remember

Looks good Ramdude, now clean the rest of the truck :D

RAMDUDE your hood looks awesome, that body shop does good work. Damn it, now I want one.:drool:

I am showing what is there, nothing more nothing less.it's just I don't like you.

every thing you post on, i have ever seen is negative. I don't care what you think at all pal. why don't you go away ?

sorry that you never get upset. GGF

GGF only if it was by your mother ! Would take a better man than you to get me upset .You calling me negative is like the pot calling the kettle black !
Actually hope hood works out for you they look great when done right .

Ok. here is what I know, I placed the order in Feb. I thought it was the newer style hood.

tony told me that the old mold was having problems with the sides of the hood being to short & leaving a gap. Only thing he toldme was they were working on the new mold to fix the problem and I would have 1 of the first one's out due to waiting so long ? so if that helps figure out which one.

Ramdude....IMO you have a good bitch here. No doubt about it. I dont know what the answer is other than your body shop has to fix the defects. It is going to look killer when it is done. Its just a shame that you had to go this route to get what you wanted in the first place. My truck is the same one as yours. I just think that I will wait a while before I buy one.

Ramdude....IMO you have a good bitch here. No doubt about it. I dont know what the answer is other than your body shop has to fix the defects. It is going to look killer when it is done. Its just a shame that you had to go this route to get what you wanted in the first place. My truck is the same one as yours. I just think that I will wait a while before I buy one.

It is donenow. i'll post pics in a min.

I'm not starting nothing with tony, maybe it came out like that maybe it didn't

you understand by what you just said, it's more money on my end for extra bodyshop time. like I said water under the bridge with tony, I just hope he checks more hood's thats all.

I have a good body guy who owns a shop, but I still can't lean on him for free to fix it.

GGF only if it was by your mother ! Would take a better man than you to get me upset .You calling me negative is like the pot calling the kettle black !
Actually hope hood works out for you they look great when done right .

LOL you know the letters game.

I'm sorry for snapping at anyone on here.I just let being mad get to me.

Looks good. I know you didn't have fun getting all that bodyshop dust off a black truck. I can't believe that wasn't covered in plastic.

Very jealous, even though it was a pain, the truck looks fantastic. Well worth any aggravation. Nice!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back