JTS venom hood

So u go straight to the forums before even trying to get resolution with tony on the matter. Nice...

I think this is a reasonable comment,and does not warrant the rant and cursing that was given for statement,only thing I would add would be why aren't trashing body shop for not inspecting part when it showed up .That way they could have refused it and it would have been shipped back,plus you have not posted any pics to show and/or prove you are within reason for said rant.
:dontknow:

it's since... :D :D :D

like... since someone has to be the grammar police......

tumblr_lhx12di09a1qz6l95o1_500.jpg

Now that is funny ,specially since said person likes to critically correct others

what we normally have in mind when someone
plays the grammar nazi cat card :

grammar-nazi2.jpg

All the best from good old Germany !

I think this is a reasonable comment,and does not warrant the rant and cursing that was given for statement,only thing I would add would be why aren't trashing body shop for not inspecting part when it showed up .That way they could have refused it and it would have been shipped back,plus you have not posted any pics to show and/or prove you are within reason for said rant.

when did this become a requirement :dontknow:

I say that because I've been blasted for things I done here (or not done), and..... that was OK, people are allowed to speak their peace

just sayin

when did this become a requirement :dontknow:

I say that because I've been blasted for things I done here (or not done), and..... that was OK, people are allowed to speak their peace

just sayin
Never said it was ,as you say I'm speaking my peace to a subject posted on a public forum,But I will say if one is complaining on how crappy an item was shipped to him or her lol ,I would think it would be a given
To post up pics of said bad product so we could ALL see the facts

IMG_0182.jpg

This is by the scoop, it is on both sides. pictures don't do it much justice, But wysiwyg.

IMG_0178.jpg

It's hard to see, but to the right side there is a big low spot.

I did not take 200 pictures cause did n't think I would need to do so. but if anyone wants to see more I will drive to the bodyshop right now and take even more. as I said before this was not done in shipping.

There are some pics, happy now.

I just stated what happend with my hood, I did not come on here and cuss out tony. I don't make up things in my head to start drama

might be small to you, but add up hours spent with a bodyman working on it.

And as i said before, I am not seeking out money back or anything in that nature. so why don't you piss off now. Mr.Negative

If you have a problem with it, call my bodyshop and speak with them.

IMG_0178.jpg

It's hard to see, but to the right side there is a big low spot.

I did not take 200 pictures cause did n't think I would need to do so. but if anyone wants to see more I will drive to the bodyshop right now and take even more. as I said before this was not done in shipping.

Ok, so here's the million dollar question!!!!!! Do you have the "Gen1" original hood that had the mold/manufacturer defects from years ago? Or do you have the redesigned "Gen2" hood that was from a different manufacturer and word has it's a better quality hood overall?:dontknow:

I for one have the "Gen1" hood and it looks very simlar as far as the defects go. Mine was low over the cowl in several spots, full of pinholes in the fiberglass, doesn't sit evenly across the bottom outer edges of hood where it should line up along fender top, has ripply areas in the fiberglass down the sides near windshield, the cowl is crooked and taller on the passenger side, cracks in upper and lower scoop area,etc. Me being a bodyman/painter, I saw it raw and outta the box and was disappointed I would have to put so much prep time into it. BUT........I still wanted the looks of the hood and planned to make it look right. I still have to remove it and correct some minor areas I didn't catch while blocking the primer out prior to paint.

Maybe you accidentally received a Gen 1 hood? Look through the posts of the new vs. old designs. I think the newer design even has a sharper bodyline to the cowl instead of the rounder one the Gen 1 has.:dontknow:

Here's a post relating to the quality of the actual builder of the hood

With plenty of prep it can be made into a nice hood for sure. I really do like how mine sets it apart at a GTG. :burnout:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f14/venom-gen-1-hood-stock-injectors-stock-rim-sale-45104/

This is Tony's reply about the quality and trademark design of the hood.
" 08-11-2011, 11:04 PM
JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE
Supporting Vendor Join Date: May 2006
Member #71
JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE's Garage

I know you are new and do not know the history of these hoods, and what I have been thru with them,
but ask some of the old timers and I am sure you will get some answers.

but this hood has cost me more than it will ever return, I could sell a couple thousand and still not ever break even.

So to say I am protective of its design is an understatement, every curve, profile, vent, dimension has been protected and trademarked by JTSVP

I would probably use every last dollar and sell most everything I had just to protect this first product we ever really started.

I hold it now to certain standards, its produced now by the same folks that produce fiberglass parts for year one, I have one person that touches the hoods from start to finish, no one else is allowed to work on the hoods.
I venture over there at least once a month to double check on the hoods and molds, to make sure things stay to a certain standard, which is well above any ebay hood or most hoods out there today, they are low production and very well put together.

And keeping with that certain quality control I contacted numerous carbon companies, the one I did finally decide on was was Crawford composites in denver nc, they are the builders of most of the carbon for the british supercar the noble, there starting price was about $5000 a hood, and it would have been done correctly, without having to worry about weave intersecting and weakness that is common with carbon hoods.

I have sense come upon another carbon composite person that is actually building the aero race planes in carbon for red bull racing. I have thought about contacting him on doing them in carbon, but I do hold a certain standard on the hoods, with all the aggrivation that I went thru in the past it will stay held to a certain standard.
And if ever done in carbon I can almost guarantee they would never be below $1000
so sir, one I would never let it be copied,or allow any cheap knock offs to be produced, the molds, design are property of jtsvp,

and as I said, if you would like one in carbon I can check on it, it would have to all be prepaid, and as said , you are more then welcome to call. "

Last edited:
There are some pics, happy now.

I just stated what happend with my hood, I did not come on here and cuss out tony. I don't make up things in my head to start drama

might be small to you, but add up hours spent with a bodyman working on it.

And as i said before, I am not seeking out money back or anything in that nature. so why don't you piss off now. Mr.Negative

If you have a problem with it, call my bodyshop and speak with them.

For someone who claims to not be complaining you sure complain a lot ,you post your rants and then you complain when people do comment,If you don't want comments on your posts don't post,and that Tweek guy is right pull your panties out of your behind MR SENSITIVE,
I have never seen an after market fiberglass body part that did not have its imperfection ,either fix it and go on and stop your crying or send it back Mr. Sensitive

For someone who claims to not be complaining you sure complain a lot ,you post your rants and then you complain when people do comment,If you don't want comments on your posts don't post,and that Tweek guy is right pull your panties out of your behind MR SENSITIVE,
I have never seen an after market fiberglass body part that did not have its imperfection ,either fix it and go on and stop your crying or send it back Mr. Sensitive

I am showing what is there, nothing more nothing less.it's just I don't like you.

every thing you post on, i have ever seen is negative. I don't care what you think at all pal. why don't you go away ?

sorry that you never get upset. GGF

Ok, so here's the million dollar question!!!!!! Do you have the "Gen1" original hood that had the mold/manufacturer defects from years ago? Or do you have the redesigned "Gen2" hood that was from a different manufacturer and word has it's a better quality hood overall?:dontknow:

I for one have the "Gen1" hood and it looks very simlar as far as the defects go. Mine was low over the cowl in several spots, full of pinholes in the fiberglass, doesn't sit evenly across the bottom outer edges of hood where it should line up along fender top, has ripply areas in the fiberglass down the sides near windshield, the cowl is crooked and taller on the passenger side, cracks in upper and lower scoop area,etc. Me being a bodyman/painter, I saw it raw and outta the box and was disappointed I would have to put so much prep time into it. BUT........I still wanted the looks of the hood and planned to make it look right. I still have to remove it and correct some minor areas I didn't catch while blocking the primer out prior to paint.

Maybe you accidentally received a Gen 1 hood? Look through the posts of the new vs. old designs. I think the newer design even has a sharper bodyline to the cowl instead of the rounder one the Gen 1 has.:dontknow:

Ok. here is what I know, I placed the order in Feb. I thought it was the newer style hood.

tony told me that the old mold was having problems with the sides of the hood being to short & leaving a gap. Only thing he toldme was they were working on the new mold to fix the problem and I would have 1 of the first one's out due to waiting so long ? so if that helps figure out which one.

So went to the bodyshop today. Here you go venomous, hope this helps.

556374_337046399711945_1418978899_n.jpg

548064_337046806378571_1084731637_n.jpg

It look's like glass now.

Looks great now! I just hope you are happy with the finished product.

As long as you're happy that's what really matters.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back