JTSVP Lowering (leveling) kit

vipernks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received my 1 7/8" leveling blocks from JTSVP and all went well except I have no idea what these 6"x2" x1/2" Aluminum Plates (x4) are for (not mentioned in the instructions)? I have a 2006 RC and once I placed the blocks in place and installed the new u-bolts I used the factory bottom bolt plate to secure the new u-bolts to the leaf springs.

I have not driven the truck yet pending someone telling me these parts are not required. (This is a very simple installation but am second guessing my self with left over pieces)...Any comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I don't know for sure but I'm thinking they are shims for the sway bar mount or clamps for the leaf springs. If they are clamps then they will eliminate separation of the spring pack under hard acceleration. Taking a guess.

Last edited:
I doubt that Tony would include metal plates that wouldn't be used.

Call him.

I just received my 1 7/8" leveling blocks from JTSVP and all went well except I have no idea what these 6"x2" x1/2" Aluminum Plates (x4) are for (not mentioned in the instructions)? I have a 2006 RC and once I placed the blocks in place and installed the new u-bolts I used the factory bottom bolt plate to secure the new u-bolts to the leaf springs.

I have not driven the truck yet pending someone telling me these parts are not required. (This is a very simple installation but am second guessing my self with left over pieces)...Any comments would be appreciated.

aint gonna lie boss, have no idea:dontknow: you should have the blocks, u bolts, and hardware, evidently one of the guys may have accidently thrown something in the box not thinking, but honestly have no idea, never seen those items:dontknow:
so as long as you used the blocks an ubolts, your good:D just make sure to check the u bolts after about 2-300 miles of driving sir

Copy

Thanks for the information

If you discover what they are and need them back let me know

Thanks for the quick reply

Before and after the 1 7/8" Leveling Kit. Thanks to Tony for making this kit available.

Attachments

• IMG_0785 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0785 - Copy.JPG
    985.3 KB · Views: 198
  • Viper Lowered.JPG
    Viper Lowered.JPG
    933.8 KB · Views: 332
Could you post up a pic straight on the back? I'm curious to see what those tail lights look like.:)

Your truck looks way better with the kit installed.:rock::rock:

Here you go!

Attachments

• IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    906.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    665.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0770.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 76
Looks good :rock:

How about more pics of that Fox body Saleen?
I always (and still do) want a 1993 Black Coupe with the yellow and white stripes.

Last edited:
1989 Saleen Mustang #30

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    584.7 KB · Views: 40
1989 Saleen Mustang #30

Looks like it's still in great shape. Can't believe they are classics (or close to it now).
I just read there were only 9 of the ones I want made (SA-10)... guess my chances are slimmer than my VCA by far.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back